July 30, 2014 | 991 users online

Moisturizers - Atopalm MLE Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 12:46:00 AM More reviews by JoSummers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had a severe bout of sensitive skin rash brought on by extreme stress. I got a huge red rash patch on my face. I bought this stuff and used it and in about 5 days the rash had subsided significantly, to a point I could cover it with makeup finally. I have sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin, and this stuff was like a miracle moisturizer for me. It calmed my skin, reduced redness and irritation, healed that rash, and did not make me break out at all. It's a little too moisturizing for me under normal conditions, especially in humid Oklahoma summers, but it's great during the winter, and it will definitely be my staple if I start on prescription retinol.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Jinhee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this as a treatment cream and not as a night cream on a regular basis. It is incredibly emollient and soothing and I have several creams in my arsenal for irritation from over exfoliation and AHA use and insane dryness. This is my least favorite though for the simple reason that although its texture is exactly like MD Forte replenish hydrating cream, atopalm is heavier. And for this reason I don't use it during the day. It does exactly as it claims and more and I heartily recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2010 7:57:00 PM More reviews by nomlette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily, acne prone skin and I use a tretinoin gel at night. I have been using Atopalm MLE intensive moisturizing cream for two weeks and I am already very happy with it. I often suffer from prolonged redness when I have a breakout in addition to peeling from the tretinoin. I use Atopalm in the morning after using Decleor's Prolegene gel. the Prolegene gel is supposed to calm irritated skin but I noticed a marked improvement in redness and healing time once I started using the Atopalm. My skin tone is more even and I have fewer issues with peeling throughout the day.
I also noticed that I was less oily during the day. I use Smashbox oil free primer and Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer over the Atopalm. I still get oily during the day but it isn't as bad as it was when I was using my previous moisturizer (LM mega).
Atopalm feels very thick and heavy. You don't need much. I put a little on my fingers and rub them together to warm it up so it smooths over my face easily. I made the mistake of using more than I needed the first time which left me feeling a bit like I had been embalmed.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by simetra

This stuff is amazing for dry and sensitive skin. I get eczema on my eyelids, and this is the only product that I can put on them without also irritating my eyes. It is extremely moisturizing and provides instant relief for dryness and itching. Highly recommended for eczema, psoriasis, and other skin problems.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by LeslieCZ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a wonderful, VERY affordable, rich, but easily absorbed and non-irritating, fragrance free cream for really, really dry, chapped, irritated, rough and cracked skin. It works wonders on various areas of the body (knees, elbows, heels and cuticles for me.). No nonsense, nothing fancy, but a very effective basic product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 7:52:00 PM More reviews by gypsytejas

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this as a large sample and LOVE it. I use it on my ever-dry cuticles, hands, face, legs. You name it. If the skin is dry, USE THIS STUFF. I was reluctant to buy it because it's made in Korea. But, it really works for extra dry and winter skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by kbholden

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I've waited until I've finished an ENTIRE tub of this stuff to review it...which, btw, took almost 3 months. I think that this is the absolute best facial moisturizer I've ever used (I've used almost every type they sell-La Mer, Ren, PTR, Caudalie, Dermadoctor, Cellex-C, Bliss, Boscia, Philosophy, NeoStrata and on and on and on).

I've been struggling with dryness due to various anti-aging products (both retinoids and AHA/BHA/PHA's, but not at the same time, don't worry). I also have acne-prone skin, and easily get tiny bumps on my forehead from using the wrong products. This product has allowed me to use Dermadoctor's Poetry in Lotion with absolutely no dryness or flaking! This is an incredible feat, considering that the skin usually just starts jumping off my face when I even LOOK at a retinol product. No breakouts, no dryness. HG.

EDIT 7/8/11: When Atopalm changed the formula, they lost this customer forever. The new one is wretched!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 8:32:00 AM More reviews by fivestar

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This a very good non-irritating, non-pore clogging moisturizer for dry skin.
I would like it even better if if came in a tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Lisa_Marie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oh Atopalm, where have you been all my life? This product have saved my winter skin. My barrier function goes all haywire in the winter. This seems to have reversed that problem. It is rich without being greasy. You do need to powder it for day use or your hair will stick in it, though. I wish this came in a tube instead of a tub, but I'm sure I will go though it quickly so it won't spoil. If you have very dry skin, get yourself this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2009 8:49:00 AM More reviews by gypcc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

In my seemingly never ending search for the right products to help combat and comfort the insane dryness, itchyness, flaky patched and discoloration.... that happens w/my face (jeez why do i even get outta bed). Normally my skin isn't the most horrible... but the winter really wrecks havoc on me... SO... this cream (as recommended in dr baumann's skin type solution book) was something I was thinking of trying and I'm glad I did. So far (it's been a week).

I understand most people use this as a night cream, and I can see why. It's got a thick, but translucent texture that's very elegant, there's no real dissernable fragrance and it seems to be on the rich side of a cream, so I get the night cream thing. I don't use it for night (i'm a rebel)... I've been using STRAIGHT shea butter on my face (after cleansing w/eucerin redness relief and a few droplets of burts bees ageless serum) and it's been a perfect solution for me for night... so I'm not messing w/that. THIS... I use during the day. After cleansing and the BBees serum, I apply the MLE cream. My makeup goes on really nicely after. This is a marathon moisturizer... because it's still there when I'm done w/my day. I could honestly feel it when I went to wind down for the night after having applied it THAT MORNING.

So far, what I've been doing w/my preemptive attack on what normally happens to my skin during the winter... is working. I am thrilled w/my results (altho i can't say it's just THIS cream, or just the BB's serum, or the straight up shea)... I can say that everyone w/dry and sensitive and irritable skin, should try a sample of this.