November 22, 2014 | 1960 users online

Eye Shadow - Stila - Convertible Eye Color

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2008 6:55:00 PM More reviews by nuttycoconut

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this is Onyx, Stone and Violet. The eye liner is pretty nice and goes on smoothly. You have to be careful to roll it down before capping it or you will smoosh it into the lid. I do like the complimentary shadows that come with it. The Onyx has a shimmery white, the Stone has taupe and the Violet has a light violet shadow. I really like the taupe shadow, it blends really well is a great neutral. The white is a little shimmery for me and is more like a brow highlighter than a shadow. The packaging is ok, the only problem I have with it is the Violet one cracked and the shadow end keeps coming off the tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2008 3:33:00 AM More reviews by ahmel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A colleague of mine was using it and recommended.. so I bought one in Teak..and loved it..and then I got another one in Onyx. The Teak color combination is pretty good but for the Onyx, I find the white eyeshadow harder to blend. Greyish would be a better combination.

As with everyone, the lasting power isnt all that great so I start to carry it around in my bag to touch up during the day. But the packaging is small (just the size of a pen), so its alright.

Would recommend to anyone who always wanted an easy to apply eyeliner/shadow. Ive tried different eyeliner (pencil, crayon and pen) and I liked this best ♥

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2008 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Giuliana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I live in Australia and these are quite expensive here but I don't care....they are so good! I have most of the colours and I love the soft line of the eyeliner and the ease of application of the powder. So compact, so cute, so easy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2008 9:49:00 PM More reviews by darkling

I'll continue to buy this as long as they make it! I first tried Onyx when it was included in the Best of Stila set that I purchased from Ulta. After trying dozens of brands of eyeliners, my first reaction to this was relief that I finally found a brand that did it right.

Love this product! The eyepencil lines smoothly and non-smudgy. The sponge tip blends in a flash. Stashed within the middle is the sparkly highlighting eyeshadow. Genius product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2008 8:14:00 AM More reviews by Shockingpink

I love it for my waterline. It smudges quite easily though but there's no problem with the waterline. I've never really gotten to use the eyeshadow but the pigmentation is great. Great cute sparkles

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2008 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Suemarkh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received this item in a swap. I received both the Clove and Stone liners and I love them! The liner glides on smoothly and smudges nicely. I have not found this liner to disappear as some people have and with my oily skin I usually find that to be a problem with eyeliners. I love the shades of the shadows that come with the liner too. The best part is that I can get my favorite eye look from one small tool, toss it in my purse and take it with me. Talk about minimizing! I will be buying a couple other colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2008 6:53:00 AM More reviews by alohacarol

Even though I said I would not buy this product again I still enjoy this. Yes the liner does smudge pretty well.. but I just use it as a smokey eye effect and would always smudge the liner after I apply so it's okay. (I'm also used to every shadow creasing in my lid) Some people said their convertible ran out so fast which I assume they applied it almost everyday. I bought this about 5 years ago and I still have the shadow and the liner. Yes I have not applied it as often as prob what most of other people did but I have so much other shadows to work on.. I still enjoy this because the green color is dark and it really compliments my brown eyes. I like the shadow it comes along with because it compliments the green shadow and I can apply this on my inner eyelid. Honestly I don't know when I will finish this product but I know it wasn't a waste of my money. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2008 6:09:00 PM More reviews by sandyxcandy

okay i only bought this in onyx because i have a sephora gift card and i needed eyeliner and its 3-in-1 so i went for it

i love how it glides on, smudges and gives you a nice smoky look but it smears way TOO easily. ill barely have it on for an hour and boom! i turn into a racoon

so no i do not recommend this product

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2008 12:17:00 PM More reviews by MamaNicole

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm a BIG Stila fan, so it pains me to report that this product is pretty bad. Like the reviewer below, I received the Onyx Convertible Eye Color in a Stila kit, and it's basically worthless. This is a three-part cosmetic - one end is a black liner, one end is a smudging sponge, and in the middle is what is supposed to be a 'coordinating' shadow. In Onyx I expected black or grey shadow - how awesome would that be? But no, this is a frosty, frosty white shadow with a sponge tip applicator. You're supposed to line, smudge, and then use the shadow. For $20, it's not enough product - the eye shadow runs out pretty quickly. It's very gimmicky - not a quality product at all. I'm sorry, Stila - this one sucks!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2008 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Mere828

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My review is probably going to be a little bit biased because I'm not a fan of many Stila products and I don't like anything type of product that has dual uses. I got this in a Stila kit and the shade is Onyx (black.) I've only used this one time as an eyeliner, and it's just too smudgy for me. The liner portion is a very, very thick pencil that is extremely smudgy and if you want a nice precise liner, this is not it. The other end is a tool that you can use to make the liner color an eyeshadow, which I'm sure is fantastic for people who want a heavy, smokey-eye look, but I actually didn't even try to use the shadow-application end because the pencil was so dark & thick. Overall, ok for some eyes, just not mine.