July 30, 2014 | 1136 users online

Crème - MAC - Studio Tech

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by saynotococo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using the mineralize foundie, and was curious to try this one. The MUA said this one is slightly more matte than the mineralize. After trying, I can say that it is pretty similar to the mineralize foundie . I honestly can't tell/feel the difference b/w the two.
The one thing I really love about this foundie, is that it gives you a pretty good coverage that you can easily build up thru layers as you go along.... AAANNDDD it doesn't make my face look cakey. Coverage is not 100% perfect, you still need a dab of concealer to totally cover redness/dark spots, otherwise you can still see just a bit there.
I also really love how easy it is to use this product. It ain't messy at all (unlike liquid), just dab the sponge and work by layers.
Using a primer beforehand can achieve greater results. I use MAC bb beauty balm, and it makes the foundie stick better to the skin and holds the oil better, therefore it last longer.
Sometimes I don't use powder on top (if I'm in a hurry) and it still looks ok.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by amary18

This is the only face makeup I wore throughout college. Simply amazing, it's def my go to. I have combination skin, and the coverage is just perfect.

Looks natural, even in the day time :). Using it everyday (M-F) and occasionally on weekends, a palette lasts me around 3-4 months. It's a bit on the pricey side...but keep your containers. Once you hit 6, you can trade in through the recycling program for a lipstick/eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 4:19:00 AM More reviews by shamelessme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

My holy grail cream foundation!
I purchased this a few weeks ago as part of my weekend retail therapy. I've wanted to try it for as long as I can remember and I thought I'd splurge a little. Best decision ever! I have combination skin at the moment due to the weather, so most of my normal anti-oil foundations look terrible on the dry patches of my skin. However, studio tech is an absolute dream come true to use!

After using MAC prep + prime primer, I buff the foundation (I use the shade NC15) into my skin using a Real Techniques expert face brush, then I go over it with a regular foundation brush to smooth it all out and glide it over any dry patches. It works amazingly! It's a full coverage foundation (easily buildable) that makes your face completely transform, leaving no traces of imperfections and hiding any problem areas you may have. Due to its very full coverage, I would not suggest it as an every day foundation myself. However, for a special event or going out this foundation is absolutely perfect.

It is the first full coverage foundation I've owned that does not make my face look cakey or unnatural. It is so easy to apply and blend into the skin that I believe this foundation will look good on basically anybody, regardless of their application skills or techniques. It's lasting power is also superb. I apply a translucent powder over the studio tech which assists in eliminating shine and prolonging the durability of this foundation. I've found studio tech lasts for up to about 7 hours on my face before beginning to falter, which is impressive as it does not claim to be particularly long lasting. However, if you were to wear it to a party, I'd recommend using a setting spray over the top just so the foundation lasts for as long as possible and doesn't go shiny when you're dancing or partying.

I have read that studio tech has broken people out. I personally have not experienced this at all. It has not worsened my skin situation nor created new problems for it. It successfully eliminates any excess oil I have and does not leave me looking shiny or messy. It also glides over my dry skin and does not draw any attention to it as long as it is properly blended in. Another pro is that it does not oxidise throughout the day, which is perfect for those with pale skin like me. Additionally, studio tech adds a beautiful warmth to the face without making it a different shade.

In summary, I highly recommend this cream foundation. However, if you have very oily skin or very dry skin, try it out before you buy is at it may not give you your desired effect. I am positively in love with this foundation and will repurchase without hesitation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by Beautyqueen583

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this foundation I use it along with the strobe cream and tons of other primers and things it applies so beautifully and I love the packaging it's so convenient I'm actually going on vacation and I will be bringing this right along I definitely want to use this on my clients .

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2013 6:04:00 AM More reviews by Fansofmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LaGlam LumiGlow V's MAC Studio Tech Foundation

Firstly welcome to my newest piece in my makeup kit ... LaGlam LumiGlow foundation. The thing that inspired me to write this review is the packaging (of all things!) when I first picked up the new foundation I instantly thought of my MAC Studio Tech foundation in my kit. So going off the outside, the containers are similar, black, MAC is Matt Plastic and LumiGlow is shiny (I love all things shinny!) but it's what's on the inside that really matters isn't it!!

One glows on your skin, one is Matt on your skin - vast difference however one I would buy again and one I wouldn't (unless back in the USA)

MAC's Claim:

Studio Tech Foundation
AUD $56.00 (I purchased mine for USD $30 in Los Angeles 2012)

A tri-system blend of eat, emollients and powder. Looks solid, glides on as a soft creamy emulsion. Provides natural matte, powder based finish. Smooth to blend, easy to work with, provides a full range of coverage. Water cooled refreshes and hydrates the skin. Light diffusing, softens lines, crates a fresh flawless finish. Good on all skin types. Studio tech is dermatologist tested, ophthalmologist tested, non-acne genie and safe for contact lens wearers.

Big words there, and a ophthalmologist is a specialist trained in medical and surgical eye problems ... Layman's terms ... Eye doctor ... Not really relevant to this description of the product cause you don't really put foundation in your eyes!

The makeup is right in gliding on smooth, does not last all day long and the coverage is not the best. It doesn't have Sun protection in it and I find it needs a good lot of concealer added to it to make it work.

LaGlam LumiGlow Mineral Crèam Foundation AUD $60.00

New to the market LaGlam claims:

A long lasting luminous glow made of 100% minerals and containing natural sunscreens. This foundation offers a smooth finish and youthfulness to the skin. Apply with a foundation brush or use the sponge wet or dry, cleverly hidden in the base of the compact - great makeup for the busy woman on the go!

Glides onto the skin, good coverage, beautiful youthful glow to the skin, (I like the sunscreens too). Now I have applied this with the sponge wet, dry and then also tried with a foundation brush. Personally I like it being applied with a foundation brush as I feel it leaves a more even texture and coverage and minimal waste.

Since this is a review of my own opinion and how both products work on my skin I rate the LumiGlow over the MAC - I like the Dewey youthful finish it leaves on the skin and I have to admit I have had compliments from wearing it. I like the minerals over the dermatogically tested eye surgeon product!! Come on MAC think about the words being used in your product description!

Thanks again to LaGlam you are outdoing MAC now and I will buying my LumiGlow again over MAC Studio Tech.

www.fansofmakeup.com

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by KaylaRose95

I first tried this foundation as an emergency fallback when I was leaving for a vacation and had run out of my usual brand. My mom had highly recommended this makeup, so I threw it in my bag and hoped for the best. To my delight, the foundation was the perfect shade (NC20) and I enjoyed how easily it seemed to glide on over my skin. I'm a huge fan of foundation brushes (because I feel it provides the smoothest application), but the sponge was a nice change.

After about a week, I was still happy with this foundation, but started to see the toll it was taking on my skin. I had broken out a bit on my forehead my skin seemed a bit drier overall. Which is ironic because by the end of the day, my face always feels like a puddle of oil. I don't know about anyone else, but when my face is dry it starts to get lines, which makes smooth makeup application nearly IMPOSSIBLE.

I do like the coverage this gives me over red patches and irritated zits, but it doesn't provide enough coverage to even out my complexion and hide scars/dark spots. The matte finish is great for anyone with combination or oily skin, and provides a great surface for whatever powder you use. When I'm having a good skin day, this foundation makes my face look like cream, when used in combination with Ready-To-Wear's Couture Finish Powder.

**TIPS:
- Using the sponge, PAT/PRESS the foundation over breakout areas (or dry patches), because smoothing on/smearing on doesn't provide much coverage.
- Don't use the round sponge that comes in the package. It tends to retain the oils on your face and gets disgustingly dirty after about 4 days. The sponge wedges from any drug store are easy, disposable, are better shaped for even application, and cost about $3 for a whole bag.
- Wait about 3-5 minutes for the foundation to dry and set before using powder. Otherwise it gets extremely cakey.
- I wouldn't recommend using this as a concealer because the matte qualities tends to contradict the natural glow of healthy skin.
-**Bring in your empty containers! You receive vouchers and discounts which definitely helps with this pricey product!**

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by kristynrawr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this foundation! Foundations always make me look super orange, however, this did not. I think it's kind of expensive, but it lasts a few months.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 6:13:00 AM More reviews by pebbles88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

always come back to this product after trying diff foundations across diff brands and Mac. Only foundation i can buy that is PERFECT shade- u cant tell im wearing makeup its great, NW47.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 8:59:00 AM More reviews by DJ89

I was a loyal user of this foundation up until recently. I love the coverage, its medium and u can build it up to full coverage and I found my perfect colour nc42 BUT I realised that this foundation was making me super oily! Like I will apply it but an hour later I have the worst oily face ever! Especially my t zone and I would have to blot a million times a day! Other than that, it doesn't break me out, I love that its creamy foundation coz I'm not a fan of liquid but I just couldn't handle looking like I dipped my face in a fat fryer! Sorry mac

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 8:02:00 AM More reviews by playhookie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this foundation - creamy, not powdery; easy to apply; good coverage; lasts well; doesn't cause a reaction on me.
Only downside is that I am not quite NW15 in winter (but NW20 is way too dark) - so I have to tone it with some darker powder on top, and definitely remember blusher, as otherwise I look a bit ill. In summer I think I'll be a proper NW20 so will get another in NW20 when I run out of the darker foundation I usually use in summer.