MAC Studio Tech

3.5

WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED; TRIMETHYLOLPROPANE TRIOCTANOATE; CYCLOMETHICONE; ISOHEXADECANE; CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE; POLYGLYCERYL-6 DISTEARATE; MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX (CERA MICROCRISTALLINA); GLYCERIN; SILICA; BUTYLENE GLYCOL; ISONONYL ISONONANOATE; TRIHYDROXYSTEARIN; EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX; BEESWAX (CERA ALBA); TOCOPHEROL; SQUALANE; LECITHIN ASCORBYL PALMITATE; POTASSIUM SORBATE; PROPYLENE CARBONATE; POLYETHYLENE; DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER; TRIISOSTEARIN; STEARALKONIUM BENTONITE; PEG-5 SOYA STEROL; SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE; POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE; SODIUM CHLORIDE; HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL; CITRIC ACID; HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL; MICA; TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891); IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499); ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007); CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN (CI 77289); CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS (CI 77288); ZINC OXIDE (CI 77947) (11/2008)

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I went and got the perfect shade picked out for me so it is so comforting not to have to worry about lines. It went on and was instantly perfect. My imperfections weren't visible. It stayed on all day as well. I put Mac Primer on beforehand too. I just love everything about this and would recommend it to anyone.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using the mineralize foundie, and was curious to try this one. The MUA said this one is slightly more matte than the mineralize. After trying, I can say that it is pretty similar to the mineralize foundie . I honestly can't tell/feel the difference b/w the two.
The one thing I really love about this foundie, is that it gives you a pretty good coverage that you can easily build up thru layers as you go along.... AAANNDDD it doesn't make my face look cakey. Coverage is not 100% perfect, you still need a dab of concealer to totally cover redness/dark spots, otherwise you can still see just a bit there.
I also really love how easy it is to use this product. It ain't messy at all (unlike liquid), just dab the sponge and work by layers.
Using a primer beforehand can achieve greater results. I use MAC bb beauty balm, and it makes the foundie stick better to the skin and holds the oil better, therefore it last longer.
Sometimes I don't use powder on top (if I'm in a hurry) and it still looks ok.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is the only face makeup I wore throughout college. Simply amazing, it's def my go to. I have combination skin, and the coverage is just perfect.

Looks natural, even in the day time :). Using it everyday (M-F) and occasionally on weekends, a palette lasts me around 3-4 months. It's a bit on the pricey side...but keep your containers. Once you hit 6, you can trade in through the recycling program for a lipstick/eyeshadow

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My holy grail cream foundation!
I purchased this a few weeks ago as part of my weekend retail therapy. I've wanted to try it for as long as I can remember and I thought I'd splurge a little. Best decision ever! I have combination skin at the moment due to the weather, so most of my normal anti-oil foundations look terrible on the dry patches of my skin. However, studio tech is an absolute dream come true to use!

After using MAC prep + prime primer, I buff the foundation (I use the shade NC15) into my skin using a Real Techniques expert face brush, then I go over it with a regular foundation brush to smooth it all out and glide it over any dry patches. It works amazingly! It's a full coverage foundation (easily buildable) that makes your face completely transform, leaving no traces of imperfections and hiding any problem areas you may have. Due to its very full coverage, I would not suggest it as an every day foundation myself. However, for a special event or going out this foundation is absolutely perfect.

It is the first full coverage foundation I've owned that does not make my face look cakey or unnatural. It is so easy to apply and blend into the skin that I believe this foundation will look good on basically anybody, regardless of their application skills or techniques. It's lasting power is also superb. I apply a translucent powder over the studio tech which assists in eliminating shine and prolonging the durability of this foundation. I've found studio tech lasts for up to about 7 hours on my face before beginning to falter, which is impressive as it does not claim to be particularly long lasting. However, if you were to wear it to a party, I'd recommend using a setting spray over the top just so the foundation lasts for as long as possible and doesn't go shiny when you're dancing or partying.

I have read that studio tech has broken people out. I personally have not experienced this at all. It has not worsened my skin situation nor created new problems for it. It successfully eliminates any excess oil I have and does not leave me looking shiny or messy. It also glides over my dry skin and does not draw any attention to it as long as it is properly blended in. Another pro is that it does not oxidise throughout the day, which is perfect for those with pale skin like me. Additionally, studio tech adds a beautiful warmth to the face without making it a different shade.

In summary, I highly recommend this cream foundation. However, if you have very oily skin or very dry skin, try it out before you buy is at it may not give you your desired effect. I am positively in love with this foundation and will repurchase without hesitation.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this foundation I use it along with the strobe cream and tons of other primers and things it applies so beautifully and I love the packaging it's so convenient I'm actually going on vacation and I will be bringing this right along I definitely want to use this on my clients .

I first tried this foundation as an emergency fallback when I was leaving for a vacation and had run out of my usual brand. My mom had highly recommended this makeup, so I threw it in my bag and hoped for the best. To my delight, the foundation was the perfect shade (NC20) and I enjoyed how easily it seemed to glide on over my skin. I'm a huge fan of foundation brushes (because I feel it provides the smoothest application), but the sponge was a nice change.

After about a week, I was still happy with this foundation, but started to see the toll it was taking on my skin. I had broken out a bit on my forehead my skin seemed a bit drier overall. Which is ironic because by the end of the day, my face always feels like a puddle of oil. I don't know about anyone else, but when my face is dry it starts to get lines, which makes smooth makeup application nearly IMPOSSIBLE.

I do like the coverage this gives me over red patches and irritated zits, but it doesn't provide enough coverage to even out my complexion and hide scars/dark spots. The matte finish is great for anyone with combination or oily skin, and provides a great surface for whatever powder you use. When I'm having a good skin day, this foundation makes my face look like cream, when used in combination with Ready-To-Wear's Couture Finish Powder.

**TIPS:
- Using the sponge, PAT/PRESS the foundation over breakout areas (or dry patches), because smoothing on/smearing on doesn't provide much coverage.
- Don't use the round sponge that comes in the package. It tends to retain the oils on your face and gets disgustingly dirty after about 4 days. The sponge wedges from any drug store are easy, disposable, are better shaped for even application, and cost about $3 for a whole bag.
- Wait about 3-5 minutes for the foundation to dry and set before using powder. Otherwise it gets extremely cakey.
- I wouldn't recommend using this as a concealer because the matte qualities tends to contradict the natural glow of healthy skin.
-**Bring in your empty containers! You receive vouchers and discounts which definitely helps with this pricey product!**

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Love this foundation! Foundations always make me look super orange, however, this did not. I think it's kind of expensive, but it lasts a few months.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

always come back to this product after trying diff foundations across diff brands and Mac. Only foundation i can buy that is PERFECT shade- u cant tell im wearing makeup its great, NW47.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I was a loyal user of this foundation up until recently. I love the coverage, its medium and u can build it up to full coverage and I found my perfect colour nc42 BUT I realised that this foundation was making me super oily! Like I will apply it but an hour later I have the worst oily face ever! Especially my t zone and I would have to blot a million times a day! Other than that, it doesn't break me out, I love that its creamy foundation coz I'm not a fan of liquid but I just couldn't handle looking like I dipped my face in a fat fryer! Sorry mac

Love this foundation - creamy, not powdery; easy to apply; good coverage; lasts well; doesn't cause a reaction on me.
Only downside is that I am not quite NW15 in winter (but NW20 is way too dark) - so I have to tone it with some darker powder on top, and definitely remember blusher, as otherwise I look a bit ill. In summer I think I'll be a proper NW20 so will get another in NW20 when I run out of the darker foundation I usually use in summer.