August 20, 2014 | 1976 users online

Toners - Kanebo - Sensai Silk Softening Lotion Moist

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2007 10:01:00 AM More reviews by siata

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't buy this product but got a few samples of this and some other Kanebo stuff. I used all of them for a few days in a row when I was away from home - instead of taking my usual creams I thought I'll take all the Kanbo samples and give them a try. I really disliked this one! It did nothing for my skin, didn't hydrate, didn't treat.And it felt sticky like glue or syrup; the thing that I hated most was this gluey texture. After using this in the morning I had this feeling all day that my pores are being clogged up during all this time. I don't know what this product is intended for, it can't be a toner because it doesn't tone, it can't be a moisturiser because it doesn't moisturise. Can someone please tell me how it's supposed to be used, maybe I just didn't do it right?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2006 7:57:00 PM More reviews by nakobear

Kanebo's Sensai Silk line was created for women in their 20's. This softening lotion is the first step of the double moisturizing program. The Softening lotion comes in "light" which is more for normal to oily skin and "moist" which is geared more towards normal to dry skin. I got the softening lotion in moist as I get some dry patches on my skin. I use this right after cleansing and while it moisturizes a bit it's still not enough so I still use a moisturizer afterwards. It does however get rid of the slight tightness that I feel on my skin after cleansing. The Softening Lotion comes in a glass jar (I'm not a big fan of this...it's so bulky and heavy) and isn't a pump style or anything. It leaves my skin feeling soothed. There is a slight fragrance but nothing too overpowering. Overall, this toner is not bad, but it doesn't do anything spectacular which is why I only gave it three lippies.