April 20, 2014 | 1692 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by VividDreams

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Just so everyone knows, this is a review for the skinny blue case, not the fat brown, blue or green cases, because it seems people are getting them confused.
I'm mad at myself for buying this. It sucks. It doesn't control oil AT ALL, and there's little glitter things in it. WTF? To make my face even shinier?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Frecklez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this EVERYDAY as a sort o Powder Foundation. I mistaked it for powder foundation on here, putting it in the wrong file. Description- It is a dark blue, very dark. On the other side it says "Cover Girl- CG Smoothers" it is a pressed powder in Translucent Light. I got it from someone as a sort of gift, and it is WONDERFUL :) I wouldn't know the price, so my rating is really based off of that. I would think it would go around the 4-5 dollar range. But i have Oily skin which shines a lot. Too take away the shine I use my oil blotting sheets and this. It is great for my nose! My nose is the shiniest :( My skin is very light with freckles, so it is hard to find a pressed powder that doesn't make me look like an Oompa Loompa :) Or a ghost.The packaging is great! I like to throw the compact in my purse :) My only complaint would be that the applicator ripped apart from frequent use, but I really don't care about it that much. This fits perfectly, my only complaint is that it doesn't last long. I reapply every 3 hours when I have the time. But great for everyday use! Must buy again :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by nativetrees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

perfect for setting my makeup. before, i was using neutrogena's sheer mineral powder, but that was a tad too heavy and chalky for me. this one is much lighter and more natural. if you want a really mattifying powder this probably wouldn't be it. i would say it's more ideal for dryer skin.

it does have a scent to it which may be off-putting.

oh yeah, and i would probably say to get the next darker color. the color they give on the packaging is darker than what's really in the pan. i use translucent medium, and it's perfect for me.

EDIT: i think the mineral oil in this was really clogging my pores. mineral oil is a HUGE no-no for skin. i went back to my covergirl trublend pressed powder and it's soo much better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

Oh man this stuff sucks for me. Sorry to bring down the ratings. I dont like the feeling on my face and it made my chin and cheeks itchy. I did not put a lot on either. I originally bought it to soak up my oily spots,but this just looks blotchy. I might have gotten a shade too dark,but i really do not like how it makes my facs itch.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 11:02:00 AM More reviews by svaiko

LOVE this powder! I use a concealer for blemishes then set with this powder, then i use a mineral powder as foundation. What the CG powder does for me is acts as a great mattifier and does not settle into my fine lines like most powders have done to me. Before I started using mineral foundation I just used concealer and the CG powder which worked well, did this for years!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Kabuk1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This really reminds me of MAC Blot too. I tried this powder on a whim because my usual Maybelline powder has started oxidizing on me out of nowhere. Looked in the mirror yesterday after work & was horrified to see an Oompa Loompa staring back. Ugh... I never thought to try this powder before, mainly because every other CG powder or foundation has either irritated my skin or broken me out, but so far I'm liking it a lot. The lightest color works for my skin tone & mattifies without adding coverage, caking up, or looking powdery. Another thing I love about this is the fact that it's still in the old-style compact. I HATE the new CG compacts. They're bulky & they break too easily, so I really hope CG leaves THIS powder alone!

My ONE gripe is the smell. It's not a bad smell, but it's just really perfumey & VERY strong. I can actually smell my face when I wear this. I expect it to fade a bit after a week or so(like the Noxzema compacts did when I used to use them), but either way it's not enough to prevent me from repurchasing. Will update if I experience any adverse effects or breakouts, but for now, this is a winner :D continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Diva99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great drugstore powder that evenly matches the performance of MAC's Blot Powder (though I use a MAC powder puff to apply it). It's a great pick for shine control, though you will have to reapply every few hours. The one advantage with this is that it minimizes the look of pores better than most powders out there - without making your skin look too dry or cakey (though exfoliating once or twice a week is another part of the equation too!). It doesn't break me out either, so this is a definite bargain if you're looking for a powder that doesn't break the bank but yields great results!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 6:12:00 AM More reviews by karebear87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG setting powder. I absolutely love this powder, and hope it never gets discontinued. I use it on top of every different foundation I come across to finish the look, and it goes well with all other brands and types of foundations. It doesn't cake, it doesn't smell funky or overly perfumed, and it works amazingly well. I only have to touch up once in a 12 hour shift at work. It stays on and controls oil very well, which is saying something because I'm usually a slick after a few hours of wearing makeup. This is a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by kittywompus

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Came upon this item in Target and bought it on a whim. Never noticed it before. Got the medium and surprisingly, it works very well at minimizing oiliness and the color works for me. Minimal coverage if applied alone. I use it over a liquid foundation. Thin compact is good for throwing into a handbag. I had been using Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in beige but that tends to look orange if I apply too many times in a day. This Cover Girl is a better shade for me--more of a neutral.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have one in a green case its ok