Cargo Liquid Foundation

4.2

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Sorbitan Isostearate, Glycerin, Caprylyl Dimethicone, Ethoxyglucoside, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aluminum/Magnesium Hydroxide Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Parfum (Fragrance), Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Linalool, Butylphenyl, Methylpropional, Coumarin, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonen, Hydroxyisohexyl-3 Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citronellol. May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 770189) Iron Oxides (77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 1/17/2014 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I've been using Lancôme Teint Miracle. I like it, but I don't love it. I like the finish, but the staying power isn't the greatest even with primer. It also transfers something awful. I've been wanting to try this foundation for awhile now. It got really good ratings on Ulta with 90% saying they would recommend it to a friend.

I wasn't sure what shade I needed, so I did a live chat with a Nordstrom's Beauty Expert. I told her that my shade in Teint Miracle (Bisque 1N) is a perfect match. So she recommended that I purchase Shade F-30 in the Cargo. So that is what I did. But as soon as I squirted it out of the tube, I could tell it was going to be too dark. It looked okay at first, but it did oxidize some and left me with an orange tint. F-30 is the second lightest shade, so I decided to do an even exchange for F-20. But I was afraid that was going to be too light. When it compared it to my Teint Miracle, it was definitely considerably lighter. I did wear it a couple of times to be sure, it was definitely too light.

I like the pouch that is comes in. I was concerned it might squirt out all over the place, but it didn't at all. I also like that this foundation doesn't transfer on your phone or clothes. It seemed to do an okay job of controlling oil, not great, but just okay.

However, there are a couple of major things that I don't like about this foundation. It is buildable, but only to about a light medium. It didn't even completely cover the redness on my cheeks. You could still clearly see it under the makeup. Even after putting on two layers. Any more than that, and it started to look streaky and cakey.

But my biggest complaint about this foundation is the color selection. To be frank, it really stinks. I can see this being a good foundation for women of color, but definitely not for Caucasian women. There is only a very small selection of shades. I really think they need a shade between F-20 and F-30 and they need to make more light and medium shades. This foundation tends to run very dark. Anyway, for me, it's game over. I ended up returning the F-20 as well for a refund. I got a couple of other samples from Sephora and hopefully one of those will work better. As for this foundation, I won't repurchase.

on 5/19/2013 4:26:00 AM

I am so pleased with all the Cargo products that I have used so far. I started off purchasing the Blu-Ray concealer and powder and was so impressed that I went back to Ulta and purchased the foundation, bronzer, some eyeshadow and the magic brush. This by far is my current favorite foundation. I have been using some Retinol products at night and while I do apply sunscreen as part of my morning skin care routine, the Retinol is causing some redness on my cheeks. Other foundations were not covering well enough and I was having to use concealer with my foundation. This was fine until the foundation would start wearing off before the concealer and by the end of the day i would be a lotched up mess!

This product provides a medium to high coverage but doesn't feel heavy or cakey on my skin. It goes on smooth, blends well and sets to a velvet smooth finish. When I look at my skin under a 10x microscopic mirror, I can barely see my pores and the foundation does not settle into my pores. I have been using this in tandem with Cargo Blu-Ray activating primer and then take Dr. Brandt's "Pores no More" primer across my cheeks and nose. The combination of all of these products and then set with Cargo Blu-Ray pressed powder makes my complexion look and feel flawless (trust me it isn't). This combination also seems to last about 8-10 hours with no touch-up.

UPDATE: I wanted to add a warning to my review. I still stand by the wonderful quality of this product but am deducting lippies from the packaging rating. I have never cared for the "Baggie" packaging concept that is comparable to one of my nephew's Capri Sun juice "boxes". I traveled via air from Houston to San Francisco last week and needless to say the packaging of the Cargo Liquid Foundation is not meant for air travel! This little "bag" does not withstand the change in cabin pressure and exploded all over the inside of my make-up case. One of the seams around the top corner burst from the pressure and I lost almost the entire content of product. I had to use every towel in my hotel room to clean the mess and I am sure housekeeping was none too happy when they saw the mess I made of the white towels. I packaged what was left in a Ziplock bag and will be returning for exchange of a new package. I will not take this product on any future trips that involve air travel, as I do not want to repeat having to clean up the mess ever again. This product will stay home on my vanity and I will look for an alternative foundation with more rugged and pressure resistant packaging for air travel.

on 10/22/2012 1:56:00 PM

I adore this foundation! Let me begin by saying that this is the first liquid foundation that I have purchased and continued to use past a week. I always end up going back to my MAC studio fix powder. I just can't stand the feeling of liquid foundation on my face, and figured that liquid just wasn't for me... UNTIL I tried Cargo. It is so light and dries beautifully without a lot of powder needed to set it. Additionally, I have never been able to find a perfect matched foundation until trying this. F-20 seems to be made just for me :)

I don't find this to be a medium or full coverage... more on the light side, but it is definitely buildable. On areas that I need more coverage I just apply a second thin layer and it covers beautifully. I hated the packaging at first because it isn't very cute, but it is extremely functional and I have grown to prefer this.

Also, I have pretty oily skin and this foundation alone seems to control any shine... I don't use a primer.

Highly recommend!

on 2/15/2012 7:55:00 PM

Probably my favorite summer foundation. It's perfect for hot sticky Southern weather. It's light & I love how easy it is to find a neutral or yellow undertone shade. I apply w/ a beautyblender egg for a light almost not there application & with a foundation brush for a heavier application. It has a dewy finish and I doubt it could ever be a matte look. The tube holds 70% more foundation than the average 1oz bottle/tube at 1.7oz. so it has that going for it in the price department. The smell does take some getting used to. There's just no reason for it.

on 12/16/2011 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I love this foundation! The color match is perfect for my fair/yellow toned skin. I love that it has nylon, which helps to make it seemless when blending. I use with my cargo magic brush and this foudation looks airbrushed.

on 12/8/2011 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think my HG has been found, after spending years trying to find something perfect. This foundation feels like nothing on, yet gives light-medium coverage. Its buildable, luminous, looks like my skin but on steroids better. I used MAC Pro Longwear before this and had to switch since my skin was becoming drier due the winter weather. I'm between NC20 and NC25, I'm wearing F40. Both F40 and F20 worked for me but F40 worked with my yellow undertone better. F30 was too pink for my liking.

on 8/25/2011 3:57:00 PM

I like the light, air tight, easy to travel/store/eco pakaging. The scent is mild, texture smooth, & goes on easy. It's my top 2 fav (the other being Smashbox Camera Ready full coverage creme compact). I have liverspot/age spot, & all sorts of spots on my face, so this being medium coverage, does a pretty good job in making things look better but it's not magic, so ...
Go try it first to get good color match. I bought their Blue Ray Primer to use w/ it. It's very silky & suppose to make you so good even on Blue Ray.

on 7/5/2011 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I like this foundation a lot. I was wearing MAC pro longwear, but I felt it was too heavy and my skin didn't look natural. I went to estee lauder awhile back and the girl who was helping was wearing this foundation. Her skin looked great, but her skin was perfect too. At that time, mine was awful.

So, I'm in my 4th month of accutane and my skin is beautiful! No pimples, no scars, NOTHING! so this is perfect if you don't have a lot to cover up and just want to even out your skin tone. It last all day for me, and doesn't become too oily. It's natural and even my derm said my skin looked great!

I'm an f-50 and a nc 40 in pro longwear.

However, I do not like the price. I don't know how long this will last me and the price was a bit much. We will see!

on 5/31/2011 7:57:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Pros: I like the idea of the packaging on this a lot. I also found a perfect match for my yellow based NC 30 Filipino skin in F-30. Evened out my skin pretty well.

Cons: I have serious skin with lots of scarring. While this didn't cause any new breakouts, I found it didn't give me enough coverage. I tried a bunch of applications from regular foundation brush and stippling brush to my fingers. It's a pretty lightweight foundation with the buildability of water. Probably best for those who just need to get rid of redness.

on 4/18/2011 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love this stuff! I have very light skin with warm undertones and the F-20 shade is an exact match, something I have a lot of trouble finding. I use it over a primer and mattifier (a must for my super oily skin) and I get great staying power out of it, even when I'm in a rush and skip the priming step. The coverage is great, I would say about moderate but I like to use a concealer on my red post-acne spots and then use a lighter application of the foundation. This has a semi-matte finish and looks very natural (I hate the made-up look), it just seems to sink right into my skin instead of sitting on top of it and looking mask-like or cakey. I've never had a break-out from this and it doesn't oxidize on my oily skin, it's just perfect. This truly is HG status, I'd give it 10 lippies if I could!

Video Reviews & Tutorials