Philosophy Amazing Grace Eau De Parfum

3.7

I was so disappointed in this perfume. I bought a 4 oz bottle online banking on the idea that the Amazing Grace perfume would smell identical to the body wash. I really love the body wash but the perfume is way too pungent. It smells pretty good initially but the dry down smells horrible. I don't know if it's just my chemistry. I thought it would be really soapy, light and, elegant smelling but it just reeks like cheap old lady perfume. It also gives me a bad headache.

on 12/16/2012 10:48:00 PM

I'm obsessed with the Amazing grace line - I LOVE the fragrance, from the firming lotion to the scrub to the whipped body cream. Sadly, they all fade so fast it but I crave it so I bought the rollerball to reapply during the day. Something about the fragrance just lifts me up and makes me feel refreshed. For this specific review Amazing Grace Eau De Parfum vs Amazing Grace Fine Fragrance...I see both in the photos & honestly I'm not sure what the difference is but the EDP stays on a bit better than the EDT. I'm not a fan of the "fine fragrance" version they released, it just smells sharper to me than the EDT or EDP.

on 11/4/2012 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a beautiful fragrance, clean, fresh, flowery, and very feminine. I fell in love with it the first time I tried it, and bought it on the spot. I hardly ever do this. Unfortunately, the scent fades after about two hours, which is unacceptable to me in a fragrance, so I will not repurchase it. I'll continue to enjoy the bottle I have, though. This layers well with Chanel Coco, and will last all day, although the scent is different of course, but still very pretty. I recommend experimenting with layering this with stronger, spicy fragrances to see if you can get more mileage out of it.

on 6/6/2012 9:52:00 PM

I know this runs counter to other people's experiences with this scent, but I found this scent to be quite harsh, which is often my experience with scents in this "clean / shower-fresh" genre. It smelled to me like strong, synthetic cleaning detergents.

on 6/5/2012 11:58:00 AM

I'm just not a fan of anything from this line. I love the idea behind it & how simple & pure the products from this line seem, but when I actually go to use something from this line, I get a reverse effect than what this would seem to be. This perfume was no different. I actually received a sample of this, & it's way too musky for my taste. It then turns kind of powdery & floral...which I can handle most of the time, but with this one I couldn't for some reason. It may smell great on some people, but it's just not my taste. I also do not believe the price of this is justifyable. This scent fades quickly & is just simply not worth the high price. Overall, I would not buy this.

on 12/14/2011 7:08:00 PM

This scent seems nice at first. I wore it a couple of times, but since it has become grating on my nose. I work in a hospital and something about this fragrance draws nurses like flies (similar to the Coach bag effect among the same crowd). I suppose they believe it smells fresh and clean, but really it just smells synthetic.

on 12/2/2011 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I always loved the smell of Amazing Grace but didnt feel like spending sooo much money on an EDT that didnt last. On one of my last recent trips to Macys i decided to to purchase the EDP along with the matching lotion assuming it would last. First of all i love the smell, it is amazing, IMO. Smells like shampoo, i adore that scent and if u read my other reviews you'll find this to be true! I just love the smell of freshly washed hair and/or skin! Wore it yesteday and my sister told me that i smell like a great shampoo. Call me weird, but that's a compliment. This perfume is soft and not cloying at all, you will be happy that you're the one smelling so AMAZING, really. Also ive seen other reviewers describing this as powdery, which is weird because on me its str8 shampoo from beginning to end. It has decent staying power. IMO perfumes that u LOVE doesnt seem to last long. I bet if it were sweet, loud and MUSKY it would last forever...uuuggh!! Ask for this for chrismas, it's worth a try.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Normally, I don't wear florals. This one is ok. On me, it's 100% floral with a hint of powder to it. It's a good change up and polar opposite when I'm not in the mood for my usual warm, amber, go-to fragrances. It's not too strong, couldn't picture it offening most, has decent staying power and pretty versatile for year round wear. I just don't like it enough to purchase again. Overall, it's just an OK perfume. And over hyped.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I love Amazing Grace. I usually don't like "clean", "baby powdery", "fresh" fragrances; I prefer dirty, musky, sweet scents. This perfume is the exception! It's so feminine and reminds me of baby cologne or something a new mom would wear around her baby. It's soft, sweet, and a bit floral (and I usually hate floral notes). I think the name is very fitting because this does strike me as a very "graceful" scent. I sprayed it on myself today right before I went running, which would seem like a weird time to wear this perfume but it made me feel happy to smell it while I ran. Afterwards, when I was sweaty and covered in dust from the road, I still felt feminine because of this fragrance :) I would recommend this for work, a date, or anytime you want to wear an uplifting, classy, womanly perfume.

on 10/20/2011 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love the subtle fragrance of this scent. It is light and can be used year round. I like that it has a powder smell to it but also a light floral scent.

Popular Fragrances