July 31, 2014 | 2117 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - Amazing Grace Eau De Parfum

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by deepa1026

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I know this runs counter to other people's experiences with this scent, but I found this scent to be quite harsh, which is often my experience with scents in this "clean / shower-fresh" genre. It smelled to me like strong, synthetic cleaning detergents.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by italiana800

I'm just not a fan of anything from this line. I love the idea behind it & how simple & pure the products from this line seem, but when I actually go to use something from this line, I get a reverse effect than what this would seem to be. This perfume was no different. I actually received a sample of this, & it's way too musky for my taste. It then turns kind of powdery & floral...which I can handle most of the time, but with this one I couldn't for some reason. It may smell great on some people, but it's just not my taste. I also do not believe the price of this is justifyable. This scent fades quickly & is just simply not worth the high price. Overall, I would not buy this.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by acciocoffee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This scent seems nice at first. I wore it a couple of times, but since it has become grating on my nose. I work in a hospital and something about this fragrance draws nurses like flies (similar to the Coach bag effect among the same crowd). I suppose they believe it smells fresh and clean, but really it just smells synthetic.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by shoshana25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I always loved the smell of Amazing Grace but didnt feel like spending sooo much money on an EDT that didnt last. On one of my last recent trips to Macys i decided to to purchase the EDP along with the matching lotion assuming it would last. First of all i love the smell, it is amazing, IMO. Smells like shampoo, i adore that scent and if u read my other reviews you'll find this to be true! I just love the smell of freshly washed hair and/or skin! Wore it yesteday and my sister told me that i smell like a great shampoo. Call me weird, but that's a compliment. This perfume is soft and not cloying at all, you will be happy that you're the one smelling so AMAZING, really. Also ive seen other reviewers describing this as powdery, which is weird because on me its str8 shampoo from beginning to end. It has decent staying power. IMO perfumes that u LOVE doesnt seem to last long. I bet if it were sweet, loud and MUSKY it would last forever...uuuggh!! Ask for this for chrismas, it's worth a try.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by lusciouspreciousluv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Normally, I don't wear florals. This one is ok. On me, it's 100% floral with a hint of powder to it. It's a good change up and polar opposite when I'm not in the mood for my usual warm, amber, go-to fragrances. It's not too strong, couldn't picture it offening most, has decent staying power and pretty versatile for year round wear. I just don't like it enough to purchase again. Overall, it's just an OK perfume. And over hyped.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 12:15:00 AM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love Amazing Grace. I usually don't like "clean", "baby powdery", "fresh" fragrances; I prefer dirty, musky, sweet scents. This perfume is the exception! It's so feminine and reminds me of baby cologne or something a new mom would wear around her baby. It's soft, sweet, and a bit floral (and I usually hate floral notes). I think the name is very fitting because this does strike me as a very "graceful" scent. I sprayed it on myself today right before I went running, which would seem like a weird time to wear this perfume but it made me feel happy to smell it while I ran. Afterwards, when I was sweaty and covered in dust from the road, I still felt feminine because of this fragrance :) I would recommend this for work, a date, or anytime you want to wear an uplifting, classy, womanly perfume.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by glamMore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the subtle fragrance of this scent. It is light and can be used year round. I like that it has a powder smell to it but also a light floral scent.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 9:32:00 AM More reviews by brownie_953

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I think my nose has outgrown Amazing Grace - whether in the Eau de Parfum form or the weaker pure fragrance form. AG now smells like a cheap lipstick - you know the kind that have just too much unnecessary fragrance added to it and it wafts irritatingly into your nose.

When AG first came out well over a decade ago, I could swear it was a more complex fragrance with distinct top/middle/bottom notes (and a great musk in those bottom notes). Now it reeks of the worst synthetic aldehydes.

If anyone wants a "clean" scent to wear from the Philosophy line, skip over to Pure Grace.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by supermer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Philosophy perfumes are the only ones that don't give me a headache, irritate my allergies, or make me feel like I'm just marinating in a cloud of fragrance all day long. I wore Pure Grace for a while...then Falling In Love...and now I've adopted Amazing Grace as my signature fragrance. It's the most perfect perfume I've ever worn. I can't smell any of the Philosophy fragrances on me, but I've always gotten plenty of compliments on all of them. AG gets me the most compliments, from both men and women. It makes me feel beautiful, classy, sophisticated, and feminine all at once. Spraying it on instantly lifts my mood and it's my favorite part of my morning routine. I don't feel like myself unless I have this fragrance on. I just bought my fourth bottle of AG, and I look forward to wearing it for as long as Philosophy keeps making it. Most wonderful fragrance ever!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by nursejday13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let me start off by saying I am really very picky when it comes to fragrance and could never find a "signature" fragrance because I get sick of them so fast, plus I am a Registered Nurse and we are not supposed to wear strong scents because of being around people with breathing problems....
I received a sample of Amazing Grace when I bought some of Philosophys other products on the website. I instantly fell in LOVE with it, it smells sooo clean, fresh and feminine. The first day I wore it, I walked into the grocery store about an hour later and I had 3 people say to me "Wow you smell good, what is that?"
Now, one problem that I just noticed, the scent USED TO last all day long.. But I think they must have changed the formulation because the last bottle I bought, well, it wears off really quickly, and it is not just me getting used to the scent , I ask others if they can smell it and they tell me no, and I have even noticed that in about 3-4 hours, even if I sniff my wrist, there is no trace of the fragrance left... This really sucks because it causes me to have to reapply during the day and to me, this fragrance is expensive, I mean, I bought the big bottle and I believe it cost me around $60.00-$70.00... I am not sure if they changed the formulation (watered it down more) or if my body chemistry has changed, I don't know? But I do know that my first few bottles definitely lasted much longer than my current bottle.
Overall, I would highly reccomend this fragrance to anyone looking for an "everyday, go-to, fresh" scent!
Maybe I will try layering the Parfum with the body lotion and that will help with the staying power?
Love this stuff!!!! Just wish it lasted long like it used to!