October 24, 2014 | 1744 users online

Top/Base Coats - Rimmel - Super Wear

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2007 3:06:00 PM More reviews by sk8nbabe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have to disagree with the other user. I've tried for YEARS (and I'm nearly 40) to grow my own long nails -- without any success. They've always been thin, dry and brittle. Well, with this top coat I am AMAZED at how strong my nails have become. For the first time in my life I HAVE LONG NAILS and they just last and last. The shine on the top coat is fabulous and I have found that it surpasses it's claim of lasting 10 days -- even when I only touch it up once or twice during the week. I LOVE THIS TOP COAT and will never buy any other kind every again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2006 5:07:00 PM More reviews by lirontocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Like all of Rimmel's polishes, this one is rather unfortunate. The lycra formulation claims up to 10 days of wear and a "super high shine finish". The finish the top coat gives to a set of polished nails is average (wears off rather quickly) and the top coat itself had some poor marks in the functionality department. If you're looking for a good top coat, my suggestion is to pay a few dollars more and pick up either Orly, OPI or Creative. Nothing benefits a manicure like a good top coat and this - is not a good top coat.