April 19, 2014 | 1064 users online

Cleansers - Mario Badescu - Enzyme Cleansing Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Annaksza

This product is amazing. I love the smell. The papaya enzyme is awesome and it's more gentle than their - also amazing - glycolic cleanser. This is a great cleanser for everyday as it's gentle. However, I use it once a day and use a charcoal cleanser in the evening.

It's great for reducing dead skin cell buildup and improving the texture and tone of your skin are chronic use.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by purpldy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love. love. love this cleanser! Doesn't foam, so for those that like the super clean of a foaming cleanser, you will not get it here ;-) Wonderful scent and does not irritate, even my dry sensitive skin. Can work for most skin types.
I use it alone in the morning and as my second cleanse in the evening after removing my makeup with a MB cream "soap", oil remover or cleansing cream, depending on my level of makeup that day. You can use it to remove light makeup, but I just prefer a creamy cleanser and a washcloth for makeup removal and this to actually wash my face. I have used my double cleanse method with this while traveling and it works fine too.
Quite economical as a dime to quarter size is all that is needed, any more is just a waste of product and most likely irritating to your skin.
If you are interested in trying any of the MB products, def. give this one a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Blondeone13

Nice cleanser and not a lot of extra ingredients! I have toner, mask, and scrubs of MB and like all of them:)I found this line through a makeup blog "Prime Beauty," and it was well worth it. I got a sample skin care kit through http://www.mariobadescu.com after filling out a questionnaire. Here in Montana we just started getting a couple of ULTA stores and it's a 9 + hour drive to a Nordstrom's, but N's ships for free.
The one thing I wish we could do is re-cycle the plastic bottles back through. It maybe due to some sterilization process and safe product issues, but hey:)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Courtneybrynn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This cleanser has a great smell and left my skin feeling exquisitely clean afterwards. Like a whole new level of clean. Unfortunately my skin cannot tolerate it very well because it dries out my skin. I think this would be a perfect cleanser for someone with oily skin or maybe guys (who generally have tougher skin). I use this after I workout because of how clean and refreshed it makes my sweaty sticky skin feel.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by chertheseira

Was kind of skeptical about this because it's for all skin types and these kind of products usually work in favour of only 1 skin type, judging from past experience. This product smells great, looks great and it is great. It's gel-like and glides over my face. It's easy to wash off and leaves my face feeling and smelling really good. After using it for a month (together with biotherm's pure-fect skin), my skin texture improved (it used to be rly bumpy but it's a little better now) and it improved my uneven skin tone (acne scars and spots appeared lighter). If my boyfriend could notice this, then it must rly be working. Thumbs up once again for Mario Badescu.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by missmacaylah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this cleanser so much. Up until I started using this product in conjunction with another moisturizer, I had suffered with pretty bad acne for about 2 years. Being in my 20's I figured my years of acne were over but since I started using this cleanser I think they finally are! It's so gentle, has a pleasant scent, and effectively cleanses without drying. My skin has drastically cleared up and the texture of my skin is slowly evening back out. I never thought I would see the day my pimples subsided but I owe most of it to this cleanser!!! I recommend this to anyone with similar skin like mine. It's gentle yet effective! HG for sure! <3

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 2:29:00 AM More reviews by alimakeupcraze

I've been using this cleanser for 3 months now, and loving it! It really does deep clean and is very mild. For a person with oily skin and very sensitive, I have seen amazing results. No more breakouts! You can't go wrong with something as inexpensive and that's not going dry your face!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Vampiregrl

I love this! I had gone to see a woman about my mild acne, and she recommended this product with some other things from this brand. It took time, but after about 6 or 7 months of cleaning my acne did clear at least 85% so I mean it's good, it works for my skin, but I'm waiting on better results as time goes by. Defiantly worth a try, if nothing is working for you. This stuff leaves your face feeling fresh and clean. Thumbs up!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My skin:
I'm a PPP with rosacea and acne (rare, but yes I have been diagnosed with both), PIH marks and dry, sensitive skin.

As someone with incredibly problematic skin, I have tried more things than I can even remember to try to make my skin happy, and it just never has been. It's only been varying degrees of bad.

But then, I came on Makeup Alley and found reviews for this cleanser. And I admit, I thought that a cleanser would have minimal effect on my skin overall...after all, it's only on my skin for less than a minute. What good could that do?

Apparently, a LOT of good. Since I started using this cleanser, my pimples have diminished to the point where I only have one or two small ones at a time. My skin feels so incredibly smooth, I have to fight the urge to touch it all the time. It feels like the softest silk...something I NEVER would have described my skin as, ever. The one or two pimples I DO get are only around for about a day before they vanish...and they aren't leaving pigmentation when they leave.

This is without a doubt the best cleanser I have used in my life. It is gentle, yet exfoliating, and not at ALL drying. When I wash it off, my skin just feels amazing...not tight, not dirty, just lovely.

I don't use this as a makeup remover, however, and I don't think it would be good in that capacity. Before using this cleanser, I pre cleanse with my hemp seed oil, which I wash off with warm water. Then I smooth this cleanser onto my skin, and let it sit there for about a minute. After washing it off, I follow up with the Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner, and once that dries, a generous amount of moisturizer. I do this twice a day (minus the makeup remover in the morning), and have the best skin I have had since I hit puberty.

If you have sensitive, acne prone or rosacea skin, I highly recommend trying out this cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Nicolebby

I actually just purchased this after using a sample of it that was sent to me from a previous Mario Badescu order.

I give the packaging five stars because the same as the Botanical Facial Gel, it comes in a see through bottle, convenient for knowing how much product you have remaining, the pour spout on top makes it easy for dispensing the right amount of cleanser, and the smell is not too strong and not unpleasant. I happen to like how neither product foams and the gentleness of both cleansers is a definite plus. Also, I have not broken out because of either of these cleansers either!

I use this paired with my Clarisonic Mia 2 and it works wonders at removing makeup that my wipes have left behind and leaving my skin feeling clean and refreshed.

I think that I paid 12 USD for an 8 ounce bottle which is very affordable.

I don't know if I will repurchase because even though I love this product, to me, it seems to be the same as the Botanical Facial Gel and since there is no real difference at least in my opinion, I will just stick the my old favorite. I will update this as I continue to use the Enzyme Cleansing Gel if anything changes.

Edit: This cleanser has really grown on me. It smells so fresh, leaves my skin so soft and clean that I have really enjoyed using it. I would definitely repurchase and I think that I prefer it to the Botanical Facial Gel now which is surprising.