Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder

4.3

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Very good powder for the $$. Provides a flawless finish over foundation or just apply a primer and this powder and you will look great. Do not sleep on Black Opal Cosmetics. This line could give MAC some competition for WOC!

on 1/8/2011 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This product is great. I'm sorry I didn't find it earlier.

Pros: excellent coverage, soft matte finish, great color selection, very long wearing, reasonable price

Con(s): transfers easily (but only if worn alone)

Good for wearing over light foundations. Will definitely repurchase.

on 10/14/2010 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A WINNER!! I have a short budget so why not try this Black Opal is known to be an ok to good brand when it comes to black skin make up.. So there I go after purchasing n falling in love with the invisible oil blocking powder from the same brand I'm trying this cause I also wanted a free powder. I absolutely fell in love with it it's fine milled, easy to kabuki on, amazing matte finish great color (got this in medium) very good for a light cover up gives GREAT GLOW to ur face n does not make u look gray another good news is that it stays I touch it up mid day n eventually when i finish work round 9 pm with the invisible oil blocking PP n that's IT!!a little goes along way!!! other wise i use it over my dream matte mousse from maybelline n fix the whole thing with the invisible oil blocking PP I'm telling u this is my winner perfect face always pitcure ready combination!!
In terms of results I have nothing to envy to the departement store make up results I tried it cause I thought the more expensive the better I was wrong!! I rather this DELUXE powder than the MAC free powder !! Too bad it's not known n recognize enough, more for the addicts!! I would definitely buy again when it's ready to finish looks like it lasts a looooooong time!!

on 9/26/2010 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am truly stunned that this product does not have more reviews. I think that many people are unaware of how wonderful this product is because it is a drugstore product. I will willingly admit that I am quite a drugstore makeup snob-- I always go for high end makeup with the exception of mascara. Ventured into using drugstore foundation once or twice but always went back to department store foundation. Anyway, I bought this on a whim because I had forgotten all of my makeup at home (I'm a college student) and needed something to tide me over for a bit. I bought this in neutral light and I was stunned at how beautiful the finish was--luminescent without looking oily or greasy. Perfect coverage. I now only use this over concealer. No liquid foundation which used to be a MUST. This is not even marketed as a powder foundation, but it works just as well if not better than powder foundations I have tried. Gives the look of perfect skin.

on 9/3/2009 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

i liked this when i was younger (probably didnt kno any better) and used it until finished.

repurchased years later..because...i dont even kno why

and i hate it....i feel it makes me look ashy...and...i jus hate it

on 11/7/2006 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I took a chance and purchased this powder. I was looking for the perfect powder; not too yellow, but a little red, not too dark or light. Turns out it was a winner for me. I have dark-brown skin with yellow & red undertones(BO Nutmeg/Hazelnut or HIP #818). And this powder in 'Medium' is perfect for me. It is a medium-brown with yellow & red undertones. Very finely milled powder. Blends well with a good powder brush. Highly pigmented so don't need much. Comes in a good sized shaker jar that only dispenses a small amount of powder. Cost $9 bucks from CVS, or $7 at Walmart. ***** Update 1/27/07 *****Bought Iman drugstore powder at ULTA. They are they most beautiful powders. So will not repurchase. continued >>

Recommended for Normal Skin