October 23, 2014 | 954 users online

Lip Treatments - Smith's Rosebud Salve - Minted Rose Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by dlittlegarden

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pretty little tin full of a year or more's worth of product. I love the ultra smooth, light quality of this salve, the old fashioned looks, and the value of this! It's a great layer to put on before applying a matte lipstick, and it's great to layer over lipstick that's been on for a few hours to revive the finish and make it more of a glossy stain. I've also used this stuff to keep my brows in place, as a pomade and in the dry corners around my mouth. Great cure-all.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by dwducky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

bought this at sephora for $8. at first I really loved this lip balm but as I used more I started to love it less and less. the scent is lovely, rose & mint and the color gives my lips the perfect pink tint. however, the consistency is thin, feels greasy on the lips, and doesnt moisturize well at all. I found that once it wore off my lips felt drier than they started out, giving the need to constantly reapply. the tin it come in has a pretty, vintage design but at times can be hard to open. overall, this rosebud salve is not a good product for me and I would not repurchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by chuchikazawa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

pros:
+ relieves chapped lips
+ keeps lips from chapping; my lips have never been this good ,_,
+ long lasting (30 months shelf life; 2 years and 6 months)
+ has that "zing" upon initial application
+ this is not as emollient as the original although it's really, really close

cons:
- mainly PETROLATUM
- scent needs some getting used to
- shine

i won't be buying another one any time soon cause i bought two other variants from the company

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 4:12:00 AM More reviews by mallorywouldgo

If this balm came in a tube it would be a perfect 5! I love it so much but the tin is such a pain to open! I'm popndering transferring it to a different jar or something, which is a pity bc love the vintage label on the tin.. This balm goes on velvety smooth and gives me a healthy pink tint that I have yet to find elsewhere. My lips feel like butter even after this product has worn off. The tingly mint/rose scent is unique and intriguing. Iglad I bought it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by xxmakeuplover123xx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a huge fan of the original rosebud salve - I had been wanting to try this version for a while, and received it as a stocking stuffer for Christmas this year. It has the same texture and color and works just as well as the original rosebud salve, but it has an extra refreshing tingle which I really like. It works really well on my lips.

My only complaint about these products is the packaging - prying open the lid ruins my nails, and I've gotten jars stuck closed in the past. Since I don't think they sell the mint version in tubes, this is the only reason why I gave it a 4.

Overall, I would definitely recommend! It may be slightly more expensive than your average lip balm, but it can last me for a month (and probably longer for those of you who don't reapply several times a day). :)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by siecom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am one of those people who constantly have dry lips, year round. So I am constantly on the hunt for a good lip balm. I heard good things about this balm, so I decided to go ahead and buy it. Now, it's really expensive but I'm willing to pay for quality so I figured why not. DON'T BUY!!! Not only is it really ineffective at combating dry lips, it breaks me out. And 9 times out of 10, I cannot even get the darn lid off. You have to have like bone dry hands, and dig your nails in under the lid to get it off. Also, it wears off within 20 minutes or so and has a vaseline like consistency that makes my lips feel all greasy. One of the worst purchases I have ever made.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by next1

I actually love this product BUT when i was disappointed in it originally because i opened the pot and thought score! A lip balm that that will also give me a gorgeous watery red juicy tint! sadly tis is not the case, it applies clear, oh so clear. After reading the reviews here i thought maybe i just didnt see it, but nope def still clear :-( . But thats neither here nor there because this is a lip balm not a lip tint. The smell is amazing though, exactly like mint and roses. When applying though i smell no rose just the mint. Love the balm though i usually use this before bed and let it soak in over night and when i wake up i scrub my lips with a toothbrush and voila perfectly soft lips ready for my extensive arsenal of ls and lg i put my lips thru every day. Oh and ps as a child i fell victim to a family that looked at petroleum jelly as cosmetic duck tape...after nearly 18 yrs of being slathered in vaseline i can definately tell u ladies that this feels and applies nothing like vaseline, it also repairs my lips so much better than dreaded vaseline. Do not believe the eos, softlips, chap stick, and ugh carmex hype, this is the balm promised land for me.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by GucciDiva

This is my favorite of the Rosebud products.
I love the combo of mint and rose, it is unusual but lovely. It gives your lips a light tingle, but it feels soothing and gentle, not an onslaught like Burt's Bees mint does. It adds a very slight hint of color and it makes your lips look luscious. I find it to be the most moisturizing of them all as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by adara260

I really love this product! This product is definitely different than Vaseline. Vaseline just sits on my lips but this salve actually penetrates and heals my chapped lips. It has a lovely mint scent and slight rosy color. Eos didn't work. Blistex is too creamy. Chapstick is boring LOL. Softlips was OK but not good for preventing chapped lips. This product just works!

I wish it wasn't so expensive, that is the only thing keeping me from repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Sraahz1

I love this much more than basic Vaseline. I like the fact that it is a minty product, and it really softens my lips. I don't love the pot they put it in, i don't find it very hygienic that you have to take some product with your fingers. But I would definitely buy this product again.