July 29, 2014 | 1964 users online

Lip Treatments - Smith's Rosebud Salve - Minted Rose Lip Balm

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by siecom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am one of those people who constantly have dry lips, year round. So I am constantly on the hunt for a good lip balm. I heard good things about this balm, so I decided to go ahead and buy it. Now, it's really expensive but I'm willing to pay for quality so I figured why not. DON'T BUY!!! Not only is it really ineffective at combating dry lips, it breaks me out. And 9 times out of 10, I cannot even get the darn lid off. You have to have like bone dry hands, and dig your nails in under the lid to get it off. Also, it wears off within 20 minutes or so and has a vaseline like consistency that makes my lips feel all greasy. One of the worst purchases I have ever made.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by next1

I actually love this product BUT when i was disappointed in it originally because i opened the pot and thought score! A lip balm that that will also give me a gorgeous watery red juicy tint! sadly tis is not the case, it applies clear, oh so clear. After reading the reviews here i thought maybe i just didnt see it, but nope def still clear :-( . But thats neither here nor there because this is a lip balm not a lip tint. The smell is amazing though, exactly like mint and roses. When applying though i smell no rose just the mint. Love the balm though i usually use this before bed and let it soak in over night and when i wake up i scrub my lips with a toothbrush and voila perfectly soft lips ready for my extensive arsenal of ls and lg i put my lips thru every day. Oh and ps as a child i fell victim to a family that looked at petroleum jelly as cosmetic duck tape...after nearly 18 yrs of being slathered in vaseline i can definately tell u ladies that this feels and applies nothing like vaseline, it also repairs my lips so much better than dreaded vaseline. Do not believe the eos, softlips, chap stick, and ugh carmex hype, this is the balm promised land for me.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by GucciDiva

This is my favorite of the Rosebud products.
I love the combo of mint and rose, it is unusual but lovely. It gives your lips a light tingle, but it feels soothing and gentle, not an onslaught like Burt's Bees mint does. It adds a very slight hint of color and it makes your lips look luscious. I find it to be the most moisturizing of them all as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by adara260

I really love this product! This product is definitely different than Vaseline. Vaseline just sits on my lips but this salve actually penetrates and heals my chapped lips. It has a lovely mint scent and slight rosy color. Eos didn't work. Blistex is too creamy. Chapstick is boring LOL. Softlips was OK but not good for preventing chapped lips. This product just works!

I wish it wasn't so expensive, that is the only thing keeping me from repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Sraahz1

I love this much more than basic Vaseline. I like the fact that it is a minty product, and it really softens my lips. I don't love the pot they put it in, i don't find it very hygienic that you have to take some product with your fingers. But I would definitely buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Haruhi13

Glorified Vaseline just like the Rosebud Salve... but the mint is definitely a nice twist! I have superrrr dry lips, so this doesn't really do much, but for people with less chapped lips it might be nice. It's sort of a 'meh' product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by amnahp12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So first things first - y'all are going to think this is gross, but this tin has lasted me YEARS. Granted, I use it sparingly just out of laziness, but I mean, 5+ years and it's exactly the same? Okay :) And I'm not a germophobe, but I have always used this with cotton swabs or freshly washed fingers. I don't share. Hehe.

Packaging? Not a huge fan. It's cute, it works, etc etc, but if your hands are anything but DRY, it can be a pain in the butt to get the lid off. It DOES do a super job of keeping the contents protected, though.

And on to the good stuff: I LOVE THIS. I wish I could still find it at Sephora! Or anywhere. I originally got this because I loved the scent, but it has turned out to be my lipsaver time and time again. I love using it as a light gloss [I hate gloss] that gives just a hint of tint and tons of moisture and a nice plumping effect from the shine/moisture, but where this really shines is as an overnight treatment for chapped lips. Works like a charm EVERY time. Although it's petrolatum based, normal petroleum jelly [ie Vaseline] just doesn't do the same trick this one does. And best of all? When I wear this, it just wears off. No sticky chin, NO WHITE RING/CORNERS. This is the ONLY product I have ever used that didn't leave those dreaded white corners on my lips. YUCK! Who wants to sit around trying to look pretty with gross dry lips and sneakily trying to wipe the corners of your mouth with your sleeves while fluttering eyelashes up at someone? [Lol we've all been there...don't lie]

Oils refuse to absorb into my skin. Any kind of chapstick is yucky for me. Lipsticks hydrate initially and then dry out my lips h-core. And lip glosses are STICCKKKYYY. Disgusting. This? This is just wondrous. Love it. Would back up a lifetime supply.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by emeraldlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I have chapped lips, with small cracks and some peeling on the lip skin. It's like this no matter what the weather is like. I got this Smith's lip balm at Singapore for about 15SGD, I don't think it's available locally.
I have high expectations of this product as this is very popular. Sadly, it just doesn't work for me. It does not alleviate the lip cracks and peeling at all. Makes your lips look dewy when applied but moisturizing power is only for about an hour or less. I love the minty scent though.
The packaging would also have been much better if it was in a tube or another container where you don't have to expose the balm all the time; tin can is difficult to open also. There are other lip balms at cheaper prices that work better than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by thejillian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Shiny, moisturizing, and pinky! Might be better in a tube though, don't love the pot. Rose and mint, my two favorite scents together.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by sillygirl03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If you have chronically dry lips that need some serious moisture, this is not going to work for you. It's sort of moisturizing at first (kind of greasy feeling), but for me, when it dried, my lips felt more chapped than they were before. I think that this would be nice for someone who doesn't necessarily NEED a lip balm, but just wants something on the lips. The smell was nice in my opinion, but I can imagine how some wouldn't like it. I also am not a fan of the petroleum. I wanted to love this, it just wasn't meant to be