La Prairie Cellular Treatment Foundation Powder

4.4

New Ingredients (Rectangular Compact): Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate?Polymethyl Methacrylate?Squalane?Methicone?Glycoproteins, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Beta-Glucan, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Rosa Canina (Dog Rose) Extract, Calluna Vulgaris (Heather) Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Extract, Kaolin, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Silk (Serica) Powder, Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben?Propylparaben?Fragrance (Parfum)?Benzyl Alcohol???, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexyl Cinnamal, Evernia Furfuracea (Treemoss) Extract, Benzyl Benzoate, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I never ever write reviews, perhaps because I have never stuck to one product to fall in love with them. But this product is IT!!! I have the most sensitive skin on this planet that is oily and blemish prone, and I have tried every foundation you can think of,liquid,creme and powder. MAC,Clinique,Bobbi Brown,Estee Lauder,Dior and many many many more. Living in New Zealand where weather is something you never know, and, added bonus of bad skin foundation is something only lucky ones get it right. I have been using this product for a year now and this is my HG foundation. For my indian skin the shade Natural Beige is perfect and even though it can be bit pricey at $143 for some it is totally worth it.

I rarely make such bold statement but this one foundation has it all. Doesnt cake on and gives you that no makeup makeup look. Very cooling and non irritant.

Totally worth it, do try it. If you go to Smith and Caughey's in Auckland the lovely lady there gives a sample and that way you can try before you buy.

on 11/20/2012 8:10:00 AM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Based on the comments below and great overall rating, I decided to buy this since I just turned 50 and felt I needed a foundation that would improve my overall appearance. Well this certainly didn't do it. First of all, the color selection is limited - six colors. I chose cameo because ivory was too light and beige was too yellow. The makeup just sat on my skin and did not blend well. It also clumped in oily areas (T-zone). By the end of the day, my face looked cakey and powdery. Amazingly though, it did not feel dry like most powder foundations feel after a few hours. Note, I used serum, moisturizer, and primer before applying it. So I plan to return this as soon as I can since I have no intention of losing the $90 (ridiculous, eh?) that I paid.

on 10/19/2012 3:21:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I got oily and sensitive skin, I very concern about good qulity powder all these while. I travel alot, many road trips and filghts .. even after long hours and sleep a bit in it I do not have out break ! Oil control wise - its work for 4 hours then i need to blot. Coverage wise was good as a little goes a long way. the downside was a little pricy and chose a lighter colour tone if you want as i realized it oxidised to a much darker tone as the hours goes by.

on 9/26/2012 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

La prairie Swiss Cellular White Brightenning Powder Foundation SPF 20. I went to the counter and just try foundation and compact foundation powder on together it s give good finishing. It is medium to full coverage but not last for long around 5-6 hours I will need touch up again.

on 9/13/2012 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I decided to splurge and pay the ridiculous amount of money for this powder foundation as I had heard so many great things about it. First off, the packaging is very pretty and does look expensive, however it's a shiny silver plastic that gets very smudgy with fingerprints when you touch it! it comes with a little rectangular sponge that fits neatly into the compartment beside the powder. This sponge isn't as bad as the ones other companies provide with their compacts, but is in no way the best sponge ive ever tried! The powder goes on nice and smooth and gives a sheer to medium coverage that can be built up easily to give a fuller coverage...which can sometimes look a bit too dry. On my oily skin, it lasts maybe 4 hours without having to blot, but I don't really think its supposed to be a matte, oil controlling powder anyway.
The colours are quite limited and there is not much selection for ladies with a darker skin tone. Overall, I like this as a light, fresh, quick fix for the morning where I can't be bothered with anything else, but I would never pay the money for it again as there are lots of similar drugstore products that do the same thing without the price tag!

I used this powder compact 2,3 years ago. After that I tried different ones like Chanel n some other brand. This one is the best out of all of my powder compact! It just leaves the skin a perfect finish! Covers all imperfections and looks natural at the same time! Strong lasting power! During the day or night if you do touch ups, it does not looks heavy nor cakey or flaky at all! It is very pricey, but totally worth every penny! I will definetly go back to get another one! Highly recommend!

on 4/26/2012 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Very expensive, but it gives my skin a perfect look in just 1'...
I have found my perfect shade (rose beige) and I just can't leave home without it. Perfect product

ATTENTION! This is good quality suff! But too pricey for me :( that is why i will not buy it again

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I hope I'm reviewing the right product. Mine comes in a long silver compact with a mirror and sponge. Maybe this picture is the old one. Anyway, I love it! I only have to apply it once and it keeps my skin flawless! I usually break out with powders and this hasn't caused my skin to clog-up or irritate my eczema. I usually buy the refill sponges and switch them up every month. It has lasted me a year doing this and the powder still looks fresh and not oily in spots in the compact like other powders do. I wish they offered a mini version for evenings out or when carrying a teenie clutch so it would fit for a quick touch-up. Worth the money!

on 12/2/2011 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Awesome. Very expensive, but if you're fed up with spending hundreds of $'s on stuff that does NOT control oil, just get this. Your search will be over :)