April 21, 2014 | 908 users online

Brows - MAC - Brow Finisher

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2010 1:21:00 AM More reviews by tdang

i got this in a tinted color (forgot the name) and it was great until they discontinued it so i bought the clear version. it's just not the same. it left this wear white flim on my brows which was not cool! PLEASE bring back the tinted ones!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2010 7:59:00 PM More reviews by msommerlund

I bought this based on reviews here, but I have to say that I hate this product! Once in a while, if I run out of my MAC Brow Pen, I will try this out, and every time I end up having to remove it completely to get my eye brows to cooperate. I find that it makes the hairs in my brows stick together and stick to my skin as if I had put glue on. I don't get the positive reviews here. It is probably because of the reviews that I keep going back to it, but it just doesn't work for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2010 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Mandibulo

I used to have this in the darkest shade which was a cool brown - nowadays I believe it's only available in clear. It filled in my eyebrows good, although the color, even though ashy, was still a little too warm on me, thus looking a bit fake - you know, the dreadful "look at my perfectly filled-in brows" look. The color payoff was light though, meaning subtle enough to look relatively natural. What was off-putting about it was the balm-like little applicator; just like coating your brows with gluestick. My brow hairs are quite long and all this product did was paste them on my skin making them look flat, which is supposed to be a positive thing, but not when you can feel this part of your face numb all day as if you've placed some sort of wax immobilizer on it. Plus it gave this sort of odd shine to the hairs, and in my opinion satiny eyebrows look worse than fake lashes applied badly. In addition, after a few hours it would dry up completely (while it wasn't supposed to), leaving the brow hairs thick and stiff and a lot heavier, causing them to point downwards which was the exact opposite of the desired effect. So for those interested in purchasing the clear version of this which is all that's left online, you might want to reconsider.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Anne3

I have the "uncolored" version of this, and I love it. It's especially handy when I'm using MAC's Concrete shadow to fill in my brows. I just rub the waxy stick on the back of my hand to warm it up and soften it, then swipe it through my brows. When I use this, my brow color lasts through a busy 10 hour work day and always look good. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who uses shadows to fill in their brows!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2010 7:19:00 AM More reviews by Phyrne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I own the clear version of this. After applying Nars ipanema eyebrow pencil, I apply the brow finisher and finally trim eyebrows with a brush. They stay put that way, look shimmery, natural and polished and no visible oozy residues spoil the look as is the case with gels. However, I doubt whether the product is strong enough for really unruly hair

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2010 3:14:00 PM More reviews by sillychicken

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Wheat. The idea was good but the product was bad. When I first apply and brush it in they look nice for about half an hour but then they start to stick up in random places and wherever it lifts up they look dry and stiff like straw. It works better if after I apply I put some Fruit of The Earth 100% aloe vera gel on with a mascara wand and brush it in but then there was no point in using the Brow Finisher because the results look just as nice with only using the aloe vera gel. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 10:18:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this in "clear". I've been wanting a wax-type brow grooming/finishing product for ages and then finally discovered this. I used MAC's eyepencil in Spiked, then use this to tie my brow look together. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2010 1:07:00 AM More reviews by nast1a

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was hoping this would keep my eyebrows in place. It does make them comb easily, but I didn't notice much of a positive effect otherwise. They still easily get messed up. For the high price, it's just not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Happyfaced

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have semi-permanent make-up on my eyebrows, and just need something to flatten the brows and make them sheeny and controlled. Most brow gels leave my brows crispy, or with the brush lines in them. This is a waxy stick with a retractable end which you can just swipe over your brows to fix them in place all day without stiffness or crispiness. I use the clear as I don't need any colour deposit. Brilliant.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2010 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Lisa86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have re-purchased this product more times than I can count. I have it in wheat and I love it. My eyebrows are really sparse and it gives just enough colour without looking to harsh, and it keeps them in place really well.