April 20, 2014 | 1729 users online

Lip Gloss - Victoria's Secret - Beauty Rush Gloss (all)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2013 5:50:00 AM More reviews by dashcrabtree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received the Cherry and Strawberry colors as a Christmas present. I would never have chosen Victoria's Secret brand beauty items for myself, as I rarely go for "sexy" or even really "girly" in any of my makeup looks. That's exactly the effect of these glosses, and I was surprised by just how much I enjoy it. The Cherry one in particular is really fantastic. It gives an incredible plump look, especially when layered over a bit of clear balm (which also keeps the sticky feeling off my actual lips, because as noted in many reviews, these are very sticky indeed) and the glitter and sweet smell are actually pretty subtle when on. The Strawberry one I almost never use, because I find the taste/smell really cloying and somehow more present. It also looks basically like a clear gloss on my pigmented lips. The Cherry color is a nice bright pink, not too candyish but almost rosy. I don't know if I'd be tempted to buy more, as I wasn't happy with one of the two I have, and that's not a great way to start out. I would recommend at least that one gloss to anyone, though!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by puppylover324

I used to HATE this product because I thought it was too sticky...well that's because I applied too much of it. The key to applying this so its nott too gloopy and sticky is to use a small dot and spread it on the lips. It's sticky/thick enough to stay on throughout the day and I like that because I hate reapplying. They also smell and taste great!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by MissRaffix3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

A little pricey for an average lip gloss. I do like that they come in many different flavors and colors. However, they are very sticky, which can get annoying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I am not a big fan of tube lip glosses but if I had to choose my favorite these are it. I have four or five shades and they all have different tastes, most are really pleasant and I am quite picky when it comes to lip product flavors. My favorite is Slice of heaven, the color is an almost transparent milky pink but it has lovely golden shimmer and it smells like delicious vanilla cupcakes. There are a few that have more pigmentation (Fineapple and Taffy go lucky) and some have almost none (Guava girl and Slice of heaven).
They are sticky but not too sticky and they do last a long time on the lips. I usually buy three or four at the same time so they cost about 6 dollars which is acceptable.
I really don't see them being any worse than Lancome's Juicy tubes and I think they are a lot better than e.l.f.'s Glossy lip shines. Although I don't use them that much they are nice and make great gifts so I would buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by xmaac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is just an average lipgloss, they aren't pigmented but it does provide shine. What I like most about them are the smells which is why I bought them in the first place~

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by dragonsandlilies

Somewhere online, I came across a small 3 pack of these lipglosses. Since they came in a pack, I decided to buy them at the local VS. I ended up getting Sugar High, Strawberry Fizz, and Cherry Bomb.
Sugar High has an odd, overly sweet smell, is clear, and mostly provides glitter. Strawberry Fizz gives a nice frosty look on my lips, and Cherry Bomb gives,my lips a hint of redness and a nice shine.
The lipglosses are quite sticky compared to other lipglosses I have tried, but that's what keeps them in place. They lasted for a decent amount of time and overall were extremely nice since they all performed well and had different appearances on my lips depending on their colors.
It does not provide a lot of pigment, but I would definitely recommend it for those who do not mind a stickier gloss and enjoy high shine for a good price.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by luckyasianbabydoll

I love these lip glosses. I usually don't pay money for them by using the free lip gloss coupon that's out there.

Right now you can get them 2 for $1.75 with the sale and coupon.

Some of them are bit disappointing though. There are lip glosses that come with a yummy scent AND flavor, or just the scent.

My favorites are Candy Baby, Grapefruit Blast, and Passion Fruit Pop *these all taste and smell great*

Least favorites are Sugar High *no flavor*, Strawberry Fizz *yuck*, Shineberry *yuck*, and Cherry Bomb *not very good*

Slice of Heaven smells and tastes amazing but the color is white and makes your lips look a little weird.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Beautygirl48

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am constantly finding myself running into Victoria Secret stores every time I'm at the mall just to get this gloss. It is part of my everyday makeup routine and I can't live without it! It has great shine and stays on for a long time. Unlike other glosses when starts to fade later in the day, it leaves my lips feeling soft rather than flaky. This also makes it easier to reapply. The gloss is also super reasonably priced so it is a good addition to my daily routine. Its also something that I like to throw into gifts for my friends!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 6:42:00 PM More reviews by fierymermaid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I worked at VS when these came out and replaced the disgusting Secret Garden lip glosses (what a horrible smell!), and have been using them ever since! I don't know how anyone could complain that these are "sticky"...I guess if you're used to chapstick or something, then this could be sticky to you, I guess?

These come in tons of flavours, which is great because I LOVE flavoured lip gloss! And it doesn't matter who I was romantically involved, every person I've ever dated has LOVED these and constantly asked "Oh my god, what is on your lips? You taste amazing!" LOL. Some of them kinda suck. I think I Want Candy is a little nauseating.

These are super glossy with a decent staying power. Honestly, I think the longest I've ever gone without touching up is about an hour, because I always want to reapply! Some of them have shimmer, some do not. As for colour payoff, most of them or clear or just have a very light wash of colour. Yummyberry and Cherry Bomb are actually probably the most pigmented....an extremely sheer red. This doesn't bother me. I tend to wear a smoky eye quite often, and when I do I don't want bright lips. These two sheer red glosses or even a clear gloss pairs just right with a smoky eye (or bright eyeshadows; I'm a big fan of lime and pink shadows!). Being clear or sheer makes them perfect for layering over lipsticks. Honestly, I think it's just more versatile this way. If they were pigmented, you'd be stuck with just one purpose. The shimmery formulas are fun, but aren't over-the-top glitter.

VS tends to release limited edition/seasonal versions of these whenever they release such a line in the Beauty Rush body care line. I've noticed these LE ones tend to have more colour to them. For instance, Spicee Apple was a frosted sheer nude, and Cookie Kiss was shimmery sheer purple. Still sheer, but not clear like many of the glosses that are part of the regular line up.

The price on these can't be beat. Buying one is a little pricey for the amount you get, but these are always on some kind of special (2/$12, 4/$20, etc) and can be mix and matched with any of the other Beauty Rush items like the eye shadows, mascaras, blushes, colorshine gloss, dazzleshine gloss, lip balms, etc. Getting them on the sale specials is a great deal; they can end up being less than $4 each, depending on the promotion at the time (usually put on the best promotions during holiday weekends and Christmas season).

I keep these everywhere. Every purse, night stand, desk, coffee table, you name it. They're fun, feel great, taste great, smell great, great worn alone or over a lipstick, and my fiance loves when I wear them. :)

EDIT: Just wanted to add...for everyone saying these are "just like" the Bath and Body Works glosses, yes and no. Technically it's the other way around, lol. VS and B&BW are owned by the same company and you can tell a lot of their beauty products are made by the same companies. They even use a lot of the same shaped bottles for things like body sprays and lotion (though not necessarily at the same time). VS Beauty Rush glosses were a hit, and B&BW followed suit with a line of glosses. The only difference in the glosses are the flavours offered, the formula is the same. B&BW tends to have more flavours that are fashioned after baked goods and drinks, while VS has more that are fruit-inspired. So just go to the store that has the flavours you want, it's the same gloss.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2012 3:12:00 AM More reviews by karebear87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've used better and I've used worse. These glosses are very sticky, but the flavors just can't be beaten. I cannot find any other lipglosses that are so genuinely true to flavors at such a price. I love the 2 for $12 specials and whatnot. I will admit I probably keep them a little longer than I should because I get too many at once and it takes too long to go through them. These are NOT windy/bad weather glosses, unless you have your hair back ;)