Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant

4.1

Not tested on animals

Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Oxide, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Colloidal Oatmeal, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Allantoin, Papain, Salicylic Acid, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, PCA, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Populus Tremuloides Bark Extract, Cyclodextrin, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Love this! But agree that it's over priced.
I'm currently using .1% Retin-a. I've been using it long enough so that I am out of the initial peeling stage, but my skin still becomes flaky here and there. I needed a gentle physical exfoliant to use once or twice per week. I was using baking soda and it was working, however I read that baking soda degrades the acid mantle of the skin's barrier. So I got this, and find it to be just what I need on my Retin-A sensitive skin. It's an exfoliator, not a cleanser, so there is a fair chance it's going to leave your skin a bit dry. So I think anybody with any kind of dry skin would be wise to use moisturizer after using this on their face. It's the most gentle exfoliator that I have ever used. I highly recommend it to those with dry, irritated or sensitive skin. And definitely to those using Retin-A who are dealing with the flakes. Those with more of a hearty skin or who are looking for more exfoliation, this may not be the best product for you as it's very gentle and light.

Every 3rd day I scrub my face/neck for about a minute with this and then I leave the paste to sit on for about 5 minutes like a mask. Sometimes I re-wet and re-scrub. Then I flush it with some warm water and either use my moisturizing oils or cleanse my face w/coconut oil. It is perfect.
I still swear by Diamond Dust by Garden of Wisdom, but it's a little too strong for my Retin-A sensitive skin right now.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I am an Esthetician and I have used a lot of different skin care brands, but Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant is always in my skincare routine. I have very sensitive combination skin and I really appreciate products that I can FEEL working with out irritation. I use this product every other day and sometimes as a mask when I'm feeling extra dull. I gives just the right amount of exfoliation I need to maintain a bright clear complexion. This enzyme infused powder is just what you need to get soft glowing skin, and really allows all of your other products to penetrate deeper and work harder for you. If your just beginning in your exfoliation routine or you're tired of harsh sensitizing exfoliants than I would highly recommend this product.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I used this all through out my 30s and it worked great so I recently purchased it again but this time, it left me with rough dry patches on my skin that I don't know what to do with. I don't know if my face is flaky due to peeling and need serious moisturizer or if I need to scrub off the flakes some more. I have only used it twice in the last week and I am afraid my skin has maybe changed since I started using all natural products. It was sensitive before but now I think I react to anything that isn't all natural. It is a great product but be sure to try a sample before you purchase the full amount!

This makes a nice change from gritty exfoliants as the powder is nice and soft. My skin always feels really smooth after I use this and makeup then goes on really nicely. I'm not sure if it really helps blemishes, liquid exfoliants are probably a better option for this as the powder might spread bacteria around. The main reason I wouldn't re-purchase is the price, it just seems too steep for what you get

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product.

I really feel the difference after applying: my skin looks more radiant, feels soft and totally clean. I have sensitive skin though, so I only use it twice a week during summer, once a week during winter (in winter, my skin is quite dry and redish, and exfoliating does not seem the best thing to do).

It may seem pricy, but a little goes a long way. So after all, the price is quite ok.

I really like this, I had a sample of it and found that my skin feels lovely and soft after use, as well as looking brighter. I didn't use it long enough to see if it makes a real difference, but will be purchasing to find out!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I overall like this. Makes my face feel really clean afterwards. I don't however thing that based on the price that it was amazing and therefor I will not be buying it again. Powder to a paste is a nice idea, though it works better in the shower and out of the shower spilling powder on and around my sink tends to happen.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have dull, uneven skin with large pores, and breakouts along my chin. I revamped my skincare routine to all dermalogica about a year ago, and unfortunately broke out. My roommate told me it was probably this stuff that made my skin so angry, so I stopped using this after a couple weeks and it helped. Ultimately, I don't think I should have switched to dermalogica at once. Then once I had a new skincare routine that kept my skin decently clear, I figured it was safe to add this back in. Nope. Used it ONCE and BAM nasty breakouts all along my jaw that took a week to clear. It was so bad, my mom nagged at me thinking I stopped caring for my skin altogether...ughhhh

I got this from Ulta, used it a few times and returned it. It is ok as a very gentle every day exfoliant but it did absolutely nothing for those tiny dry flakes. I still had to use a microfiber wash cloth which makes this scrub useless to me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this exfoliator when used on a daily basis. It's a little bit of a pain to use as you have to add it to wet hands, but it does a good job on my skin. It's very gentle which works well for me on a daily basis. Once every 2nd or 3rd week, I use a different, stronger exfoliator. But this fits well into my skincare routine!