September 18, 2014 | 1321 users online

Scrubs - Dermalogica - Daily Microfoliant

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2014 8:45:00 AM More reviews by sammylai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this product i thought it would be more coarse.

i used this a few times and its okay but i dont think it does anything for me

smells good thought. i cant seem to get the ratio right

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by alipetrina

I am forty five years old with reasonably good, combination skin. My skin has never been dry or sensitive. And then I used this product. Initially my skin felt smooth and clean but quite tight. One day later my skin felt even tighter and dry. A couple of days on and my skin is irritated, itchy, very dry and flaky. I have stopped using my other usual products, including my moisturiser as they sting when I apply them. I am using rosehip oil in an attempt to heal my skin. I cannot recommend this product in any way.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Afrocutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this, i did. Alas not so.

I don't have facials as I am essentially impatient, but my beautician suggested this product after I was complaining about my treatment for hyper pigmentation was stalling esp as my sensitive skin is acne prone, exasperating the problem. I actually had a sample bottle of this in my box of goodies at home, I hadn't wanted to use it as a prev experience had left me with dry, tight skin. She demonstrated how to use this properly and I went away and used it once a day on half of my face, went back a week later and asked if she noticed a difference. She correctly guessed, but then it was 50/50.

It is now finished as I ended up using it 2 - 3 times a week. This does last the longest time, but it really dries my skin out which makes me use less and less often thereby lasting longer and not working as well as it might. Not really a selling point.

Amongst other things It contains SLS as the detergent and foaming agent, without other ingredients to counter it, which is a cheap and known irritant, which is seems counter productive in a exfoliating product of this price and from a company that professes to understand the science of skin. (if I have the right marketing slogan).

I really liked another reviewer who said that the only exfoliation that took place was from her wallet. Say no more.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by gialastuin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

My relatives and I used this product and we loved it, seriously. Foamy and soft on skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by lynnlovesyou211

I really love this rice based scrub! It's so unique! I use it 3 times a week and I see amazing results! I don't like to use it only with water so I mix my special cleansing gel with the daily microfoliant and its a nice thick texture and it cleans my skin really well when I use this trick! This scrub is going to be in my skincare regime forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by barbye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As someone with sensitive skin I've just learned to hate physical exfoliators. They irritate and generally do horrible things for eczema. I got a sample/travel size of this in a gift bag with a bunch of dermatologica products and knew of the brand from Lisa Eldridge and her raving of many of it's products so I thought I'd give it a try.

Although nothing else was anything special something about this corn starch looking powder is magic! I've been going through the travel size for the last 4 months and it's still half way through and I ended up hoarding a second sample size but it's still untouched. I absolutely hate the price but I can't complain about how long it lasts since I still havent had to buy it lol.

I use this 2-3x a week depending on how sensitive I am that week and pour a quarter size at most into my hand then add a bit of water and rub it in my hand before I lightly rub it over my skin about a minute or two. I then leave it on while I brush my teeth to give the active ingredients some time to work on my skin. I wash it off and my skin is soft, supple, and glowing...and the best part: I look in the mirror and immediately see no irritation, no burning, or redness - after exfoliating! In fact my skin looks soothed! Whatever it is about this it's what made me change my mind about exfoliatiors and why I will buy it when it runs out.

I'm sure it goes without saying, but I'm sure if you have normal skin there's a chance many can find 'no effect' based on how great it is with more fragile skin but it's still worth a shot and I recommend it to anyone who still is looking for an exfoliator worth using!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by TheManyPromises

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! It has been a part of my daily skincare routine for the past year and I completley trust by the brand Dermalogica. To start off, the packaging is very hygenic and easy. I would however suggest to make sure water doesnt get inside the bottle or else the powdery product will just glue itself together into a huge lump and never come out! I use this after I wash my face with the Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel TWICE a week. I can't stress enough that this product although states 'daily' does not mean use it everyday! I made this mistake and I completley regret it. I would only reccomend using it daily if you have wicked, severe acne. After washing with this product, my skin feels so fresh and clean and smooth! The whiteheads on my forehead feel physically smooth and invisible! The smell is great, nothing chemically. If you'd like to test out the product, Dermalogica has GREAT travel size packs that are specialised for all skin types so you don't fork out lots of $$$ when you buy the full size (which lasts FOREVER since a little of this goes such a long way!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

We used this in my Esthetics school as a gentle exfoliator. Its a good exfoliator because the particles are really small. For best results, mix a small amount with a little bit of water, and work it over your skin for about 2-3 minutes. You only need to exfoliate twice a WEEK. Over exfoliating, can cause you to break out, and add dryness. This is over priced in my opinion, but it's so much better for your skin than a certain Apricot Scrub that a lot of people use. Stay away from that!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2014 7:14:00 AM More reviews by ollieblue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to love this, but overtime my skin has become more sensitive with dry patches and is unable to take a daily exfoliation with this particular cleanser.

My skin is almost immediately irritated when I rinse it off. Heightened areas of inflammation and sensitivity to any face cream that I put on afterwards; the creams sting my face.

I can use it perhaps once a week, but I need to exfoliate my skin every day and am still on the lookout for a milder, more gentle exfoliant.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I seem to be finding products I've had for ages and never reviewed! This is my HG exfoliant. I admit I have deviated into other brands but I always come back to this one. It leaves my skin baby soft and smooth, and prevents it from clogging up and breaking out. It's pricier than most other scrubs, but it lasts ages! I really love the whole dry powder-add water-turns to mud mix. I know it sounds inelegant, but it's the best way to describe it and it's not harsh on my skin at all. I use it at night in the shower after cleansing with SKII and this combination seems to work wonders.