Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant

4.1

Not tested on animals

Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Oxide, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Colloidal Oatmeal, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Allantoin, Papain, Salicylic Acid, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, PCA, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Populus Tremuloides Bark Extract, Cyclodextrin, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 3/26/2015 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased a travel size ($10.50 for 0.45oz at WhatGreatSkin.com) of this after my former HG (QHMJ scrub) suddenly became too harsh for my dehydrated winter skin. I'd read the P'ville reviews so I knew it was a powder that you have to add water to and it becomes a paste...which is correct. :) I'm not sure why the name of the product is "Daily" Microfoliant: you'd have to have skin of steel to use it daily! I use this about twice a week after cleansing at night: I shake a nickel-size pile into my palm, add a few drops of water to make a paste, and then massage it over my face, focusing on my nose, forehead, and chin. (Note: the dry powder is very fine, so keep your nose away from it.) The paste rinses cleanly, and then I pat dry. I've noticed that after using it my skin is red, but that happens with all exfoliants. I usually shower after exfoliating, and then I apply my night cream (Alpha Hydrox 10% Glycolic), and some Boscia tsubaki oil if my skin is feeling parched. I do love this scrub: it's effective but not super-harsh, and you can control the scrubbiness by using less product. My travel size lasted me almost 2 months with twice-weekly use...I may buy the full size, which is a better value than the travel size at $15/oz vs. $24/oz. The packaging is interesting: it has a screw-top and you have to shake the powder out. As other reviewers have cautioned, don't keep this in the shower because the steam will turn it rock-hard, and if your bathroom is steamy make sure to close the cap tightly after use! I'll definitely repurchase this exfoliant. :)

$10.58 for a 0.45 oz (travel size) "shaker bottle" on WhatGreatSkin.com [$39.95 for 2.6 oz full size at the same site]

on 3/17/2015 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

PROs:
The grittiness of the product, I like. My skin does feel clean and polished after use. Worked well while my skin was suited for it.

CONs:
I have used this for years and thought it was doing what it was supposed to do until I started using ASAP's Exfoliator. It also doesn't work for me, like it once used to, because my skin has become drier over the years and I find that it just makes my skin uncomfortably tight and dry and makes it worse if anything. I also tend to do my routine in the shower and I just find the packaging doesn't work well, especially because its a product that emulsifies with water.

OVERALL:
Its not good, but its not bad either. You just need to find out if it is suitable for your skin

on 3/16/2015 2:58:00 PM

I have very dry and sensitive skin and I find that most exfoliators leave me with even drier skin. I have literally tried everything with no success until I found this. It is a very fine powder which turns to a paste when added to water. It offers a gentle exfoliation which doesnt irritate my skin and I use it 2 to 3 times per week. It may seem a bit pricey at 40 but it does last a long time (I'm currently at about 5 months for my tub). If the price does put you off Indeed Labs do a similar exfoliant which I have heard is just as good although I havent tried it yet so I cant vouch for it.

on 3/4/2015 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have really mixed feelings on this exfoliant. It is a gentle exfoliator, so if you're looking for a good hard scrubbing this isn't it. It's a powder that must be mixed with a bit of water to form a paste. To me it smells like oats, very similar to the scent many Aveeno products have. It does provide a nice gentle scrub and rinses clean. My skin always feels soft and smooth after use, and it doesn't seem to cause any redness or irritation. It also doesn't dry my skin out like some harsher scrubs do. But my God the price! A 2.6 oz bottle will run you $52USD and I can see going through a bottle fairly quickly since I seem to need a rather large pile of powder for each use. It's a nice product, but the price is exorbitant, especially when you consider the multitude of scrubs and exfoliants on the market. And for those reasons I wouldn't buy this again.

on 2/22/2015 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The facialist at the day spa I go to gave me some sample packs of this. I'd been aware of Daily Microfoliant for years, just from reading reviews here at MUA and from seeing it in the spa but I always had the feeling there was a bit of empty hype in the products and the prices. While I still feel this is overpriced, after using my samples for less than a week, I was back at the spa to purchase the full size. In Canada, this is $74 for a container - certainly not "small change" - but I can honestly say this is worth it. At the rate I use it, this will last me some time. And the product itself is so gentle but yet so effective that it's almost hard to believe. I have skin that is very prone to broken capillaries which I've recently had treated with laser. Daily Microfoliant doesn't irritate at all or produce any redness. My skin is left feeling incredibly soft and smooth but not red or irritated. I just love this product and will continue to use it, perhaps not "daily" but certainly 3 or 4 times a week.

on 2/18/2015 5:10:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Love this! Been using it for two days and it has already made my skin feel so even and smooth. Definitley a new favourite!

Bought this 5 months ago and use it everyday and still on my first bottle, this product is very expensive I know, but it is so worth it and has completely changed my skin, I had oily skin but dry skin on top of that, a make up artist who was visiting my work told me that I should use this and his skin was flawless so I did. It works from day one. My face does not have one bit of dry skin on it, it is in no way greasy or drying, it's just right and makes my face feel super clean. I had quite red skin which it has also died down tons. Great product, expensive but if you have dry skin that needs an exfoliate, get a tester as it lasts enough to show if it works.

on 2/2/2015 2:04:00 PM

I think this is way overpriced when you consider the actual ingredients and the size ( 2.5 oz container). It contains a powdered micro cellulose as an exfoliant, cleansers and herbal extracts. I need to use a lot of product, like a quarter size of powder, to feel like it is working on my skin. It does provide a gentle exfoliation, but I found it to be too drying for my skin. Contains paraben preservatives and wheat protein.

on 1/22/2015 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Finally I care enough about my skin to get an exfoliant! I first read about this product while looking for anti-aging products for 20-something skin. Well, I guess I've always cared, but never wanted to spend a bunch of money. Having acne-prone skin also holds me back from trying new products.

Daily Microfoliant has made the single BIGGEST improvement in my skin, and I have had acne for 15 years. I do use Retin-A every night and Benzoyl Peroxide in the morning, but I mostly credit how great my skin looks to this stuff. I have big pores, oily skin, cystic and normal acne...and now I am starting to see fine lines. But this, this gives me hope. I use it every other day after I cleanse with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser & my Boscia Charcoal Sponge. I don't really have any pimples to speak of.

There is hope, all!!

on 1/15/2015 10:42:00 PM

LOVE! I have repurchased this about four times and I absolutely love it! I hadn't realised that a lot of my issues with acne were due to my exfoliant being too harsh. At first I didn't really think it was doing anything because I didn't get the scrubby sensation but after I used it my skin felt so soft and smooth! I notice such a difference when I use it (and when I don't use it...). The price is pretty high -- although I do appreciate that dermalogica recently dramatically lowered their prices -- but I still purchase it (even though I am a lowly underpaid PhD student) because I love it so much. Gold star with a smiley face and a crown and a wand.