July 22, 2014 | 1723 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Moisture Rich foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

I was very happy with how this product went. A few reviews that I read made it seem like this would be a very heavy foundation but that wasn't the case at all. It was very nice fluffy and light. This foundation also blended effortlessly, did not irritate my sensitive skin or cause breakouts, and did not change color through the day. I used my normal moisturizer with this and had no issues with dry skin.

One thing that you may want to note is that if you have very very light skin, this may be too dark for you. I highly recommend for all skin types and this is a great one if you have sensitive skin!! Great product

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Edit: HG status for me. I'm doing a course of Accutane and this works perfectly over flakes. And when you have deep chocolate skin, you need something that will give you a bit of glow. This does just that without making me look like a greaseball.

Before you use this foundation, you really need to understand Bobbi Brown's beauty philosophy. She is not a "cover every single flaw you have" beauty mogul. Rather, she, like my grandma, believes make up should enhance what you have. (Easy for her to say! Her skin is flawless.)

Once I learned to embrace this philosophy, I learned to really like Bobbi's foundations. This one is light to medium coverage with beautiful colors (I am NW50 and wear Walnut in this one. NO one, not even MAC, makes colors for women of color as well as Bobbi.) I like that it's buildable without looking cakey and really does leave my dry/sensitive/acne prone skin looking healthy and hydrated.

But don't expect long wear! You get maybe four hours out of this stuff. ( I just carry my Bobbi Brown stick with me if I need to touch up.)

Also, I skip the hefty store price tag and buy this on Ebay. Love that!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2013 7:03:00 AM More reviews by crumblycookie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Having used this for a few years I don't think I'll continue to. it gives light to medium coverage and I prefer something a little heavier. I am in the UK so we don't have the same colour-coding as you seem to have in the US- I don't actually understand all this N4 etc etc! We just go by the name of the shade. I use Porcelain as I am fair. I find this is still quite yellow based and wonder if it is oxidizing in the bottle as it's much darker/ yellower than the BB Skin Foundation I've bought- in the same colour. This foundation is quite greasy. I have normal to dry skin. It disappears after 2 hours and when I build it up it does get a bit gloopy round the sides of my face. I don't think this foundation is value for money- £30- and will probably look at others.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by sandrap0209

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this foundation for years and has work very good in my skin, the color match perfect and stays all day giving you that look of very hidratated skin, is especially good in winter, during the summer I have to use powder on top of my foundation, has medium coverage but always you can add another layer to cover this areas that you want to conceal like discolorations or dark spots. Definitely I love this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by funnyblossom

I have long been a fan of Bobbi Brown, from the excellent counter service I have always encountered to the expertly created foundation shades, the brand is excellent! This is a good foundation, it gives me coverage and has a good feel to it (moist,as it should be). However, I hesitate to sincerely say that I would buy it again.. simply because more affordable foundations have come a long way, which means that I can get something similar for less. I don´t mind spending a bit more money on a product - as long as it is outstanding and there is no similar, more reasonably priced option. I feel I can get the same results with Mabelline Fit Me that I get from this Bobbi Brown foundation.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by SarinaT

I used this foundation for a few months as it was recommended for dry skin, the colour was spot on but it left my skin quite oily and by the end of the day my face looked 'dirty', its quite a thick formula but that didn't bother me to much, but it didn't have much staying power I would recommend the product if you were very dry skin but im more normal to dry. It may sit better with powder but i dont generally like to much product on my face. Saying that somedays the foundation would sit nicely and it does provide quite a good coverage but only work with a little . In the end i just would mix the foundation with others that were to light to neutralize it really and the packaging isn't ideal. so to summarise my 50/50 review

Pros: good colour range, provides good coverage, the overall product lasts a long time, good for very dry skin
Cons: packaging, leaves skin oily, does not blend well with other makeup products like my cream blush.

I would definitely advise you to get a sample and try it out before steering completely clear of the foundation. And needless to say if your Oily Skin type STAY AWAY!!

I wear number 4 natural and and I am pale natural in the concealer

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2012 12:29:00 PM More reviews by debbrow56

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wanted to try bobbi brown products after purchasing the manual. Went to NM yesterday and purchased several products. When I got out to the car and checked my look in the mirror in the sun I was shocked. Foundation was so thick and not blended very well at all. Neither was the concealer. When I took of my sunglasses I had two deep tracks on my nose. Thats how thick the foundation was. As day went on it my face felt dirtier and dirtier. Concealer flaked off around my eyes too. NM used the bobbi brown under eye cream before appying corrector and concealer. I have been used to wearing Bare Minerals for several yrs and it feels so light and blends well. Real shocker on the bobbi brown. Gonna experiment for a while but not sure I can take it - any advise?? I am 59 yrs old and have fair skin and blond hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by ohcarolina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this foundation for 8 years since the lady at the makeup counter did it for me. I liked it and stuck to it because prior to that every foundation i tried was either too pink based or grey looking (I am very pale). I use warm ivory.
However recently I am thinking I'd like a change. It has been my favourite because to date it's been the best match but I am sure I can find a better foundation somewhere! The negatives are that sometimes I think it looks heavy as if it just sits on top of my skin and my skin looks dry. It looks like I've put a layer of paint on my face if i put too much on!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by sarahhs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have really dry skin and this foundation is the best I have come across. I use a very thin layer of it to even out my skin tone and then I use a BB foundation stick, and that gives me great coverage. It feels very hydrating and unlike most other foundations, my skin doesn't look dry after a whole day. However, I hate the fact that the bottle doesn't have a pump. It's unhygienic and a lot of the product ends up in the sink. It is a bit expensive, but I would buy this product again, because it makes my skin look beautiful!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2012 2:46:00 AM More reviews by rewfak

This foundation was the first ever high-end expensive foundation I bought for myself.
The coverage is light-medium. I found that it gets streaky if applied with the Bobbi Brown foundation brush which the sales persuaded me to buy with it. I had to use my finger to apply it to make it even.

It is said to be moisture rich, but I don't really find it moisturising. My skin is normally very good in summer, not oily nor dry. So in summer time when I used this foundation, it was fine although the lasting power is not very good (a few hours) compared to other high-end brands such as Armani or Chanel. But in winter time, when my skin is very dry and almost flaky, this foundation has given me a lot of break-out and made me look like a peeled orange at times. I tried a lot of methods like puttin grich moisturizer and primer underneath, and using good loose powerder to set it. It just simply did not work for me in winter time.

A lot of reviewers here said they didn't get a pump with the foundation. Strangely, they always come with a pump when sold here (Australia/NZ).

Overall, this foundation is not that bad. I still use it on a good skin day in summer. I just simply do not want to waste it after paying so much for it. But would I repurchase? Hell no!