February 28, 2015 | 1901 users online

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by yummymummy2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

ONLY FOR THE DRIEST OF SKINS- VERY OILY

I've used this for a few years and can't quite believe I'm giving it 3 stars!
But I've liked it less and less. It stays looking 'wet' and then just fades.

COLOUR RANGE
Porcelain. It's one of the only foundation shades that matches my pale skin and is unperfumed. Despite BB being yellow toned make up this is on the pink side. It's darker than Porcelain in Skin Foundation even though they are supposed to be the same.

However, that is where the love affair ends! Never been 100% happy with it and find it hard to know why it has such rave reviews.

MOISTURE
Too much!
Although I am 50s, my skin is pretty good. On application it has no coverage ( don't know why others think it is thick) and looks shiny. The sheen doesn't go- it doesn't sink into your skin- you are just left with an oily looking face with hardly any coverage- in my opinion.

COVERAGE
Not enough!
This has light to medium coverage but it doesn't last and if you try to build it up I find it looks greasy and kind of 'blebs' on your skin. I've always topped up the coverage with BB Stick Foundation over my T zone, which helps but that makes for a pretty pricey foundation- buying both.

There is also a bit of a 'reaction' for me if I use it on my eyelids, to cover redness before using shadow, my eyes water slightly for a couple of hours and I've never known this happen with any other foundation.

So- too greasy and has no staying power even on mature, normal skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by chaosstar17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try a Bobbi foundation because I've heard that they're good for people with yellow undertones. I got matched to shade 2 (sand) but it was actually still slightly too pink for me. I mixed a little green concealer in to counteract the pink tones, and then it became a much better match. Other than that though, the coverage was sheer, un-buildable, and very short-lived. It doesn't do anything for redness. I thought this would be good for my dry skin, but it never felt like it actually did anything other than stay as a layer on top of my skin and give me a really oily looking shine after just 2 hours. Even with setting powder, which I normally hate to use because of my dryness, the shine broke through sooner or later and transferred really easily onto my clothes. Also the bottle doesn't have a pump, so it's hard really hard to get the amount you want and feels really unhygienic and messy.

TLDR - not a bad color match for fair skin with yellow undertones, very sheer, very oily looking, bad packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by perfumista1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I too am a NC 30 and was matched up to the shade natural 4. It looks as great outdoors in natural light as it does in the store. It is so hydrating, I don't need a primer, moisturizer or applicator. It's everything I've wanted a BB cream to be. I love the SPF to protect my skin. I never spray tan or sunbathe, and this shade matches my natural skin exactly. Lucky me! I read that Kate Middleton had been visiting a spray tan booth in preparation for her wedding day and vacation. Normally, she is very fair but obviously had to match the foundation to her tan. I tried & found #3 too pale, and #4.25 too yellow. My SA told me the half shades are the tonal ones, and shade number doesn't necessarily mean darker--just that the tone might be more pink, peach or yellow.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by glitter22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm quite disappointed with this foundation this is purely down to the shade match only. I am a NC 30 and was matched up to the shade natural 4. In the store it looked fine as it usually does. But when I applied it at home the colour looked strange on me. It's as if the colour just sits on the skin leaving a strange murky cast on my face. I've tried it on with different moisturisers/primers/applicators but it still does not look natural. I find it hard to believe that that Kate Middleton wore this exact shade on her wedding day considering how fair she is! I mean my skin is light and Asian toned but even this colour looked strangely dark on me. I even tried on the warm beige 3.5 but even this shade looked darker than the 4 natural! This foundation is overrated considering how expensive it is and it doesn't even come with a pump. I wouldn't bother wasting £30.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by skeezicks_7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm kind of on the fence about this foundation. I like the porcelain color, and it doesn't irritate my skin, but the coverage is kind of odd. It has fairly light coverage, and the coverage is not easily buildable. It streaks if applied too heavily. It does have a nice texture and applies smoothly. The sunscreen is effective and it is moisturizing as well. But if applied over the wrong moisturizer it doesn't look good--it accentuates pores and looks shiny, plus it will smudge off badly even after being set with powder. I found that it only really worked well for me when used in place of a moisturizer. I plan on trying other foundations before determining if I will purchase this one again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2013 6:48:00 AM More reviews by emilyjonesx

I brought this product around 3 months ago and still have very much of it left which is a bonus, BUT i have to say the consistancy is close to water! also i find that this product doesn't suit my combo skin, face does feel a little greasy. unhappy as usually i LOVE the bobby brown make up but this one's a no go if you suffer with oily/combo skin.

Thumbs down (N)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

I was very happy with how this product went. A few reviews that I read made it seem like this would be a very heavy foundation but that wasn't the case at all. It was very nice fluffy and light. This foundation also blended effortlessly, did not irritate my sensitive skin or cause breakouts, and did not change color through the day. I used my normal moisturizer with this and had no issues with dry skin.

One thing that you may want to note is that if you have very very light skin, this may be too dark for you. I highly recommend for all skin types and this is a great one if you have sensitive skin!! Great product

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Edit: HG status for me. I'm doing a course of Accutane and this works perfectly over flakes. And when you have deep chocolate skin, you need something that will give you a bit of glow. This does just that without making me look like a greaseball.

Before you use this foundation, you really need to understand Bobbi Brown's beauty philosophy. She is not a "cover every single flaw you have" beauty mogul. Rather, she, like my grandma, believes make up should enhance what you have. (Easy for her to say! Her skin is flawless.)

Once I learned to embrace this philosophy, I learned to really like Bobbi's foundations. This one is light to medium coverage with beautiful colors (I am NW50 and wear Walnut in this one. NO one, not even MAC, makes colors for women of color as well as Bobbi.) I like that it's buildable without looking cakey and really does leave my dry/sensitive/acne prone skin looking healthy and hydrated.

But don't expect long wear! You get maybe four hours out of this stuff. ( I just carry my Bobbi Brown stick with me if I need to touch up.)

Also, I skip the hefty store price tag and buy this on Ebay. Love that!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2013 7:03:00 AM More reviews by crumblycookie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Having used this for a few years I don't think I'll continue to. it gives light to medium coverage and I prefer something a little heavier. I am in the UK so we don't have the same colour-coding as you seem to have in the US- I don't actually understand all this N4 etc etc! We just go by the name of the shade. I use Porcelain as I am fair. I find this is still quite yellow based and wonder if it is oxidizing in the bottle as it's much darker/ yellower than the BB Skin Foundation I've bought- in the same colour. This foundation is quite greasy. I have normal to dry skin. It disappears after 2 hours and when I build it up it does get a bit gloopy round the sides of my face. I don't think this foundation is value for money- £30- and will probably look at others.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by sandrap0209

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this foundation for years and has work very good in my skin, the color match perfect and stays all day giving you that look of very hidratated skin, is especially good in winter, during the summer I have to use powder on top of my foundation, has medium coverage but always you can add another layer to cover this areas that you want to conceal like discolorations or dark spots. Definitely I love this foundation.