Crystal Crystal Body Deodorant Stick

ammonium salts (natural mineral salts). 9.14.09

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Uhhhh.... This is awesome!

I've literally tried EVERYTHING for my BO, I wish I was exaggerating too, but I have the BO of a man working all day in the sun it seems.

I've tried numerous clinical strength women and men deodorants and anti per-spirants, either they ended up making me smell worse, stopped working, or would wear off.

A few years ago I became more conscious about nasty chemicals on my body and turned more to natural and organic healing and treating, the one deo that would prevent me from stinking was LaVanilla, but at $18 every few months, and considering if I swear a lot it would wear off, wasn't for me.

Then I red reviews for this on MUA and decided to give it a go, I'm super glad I did.
I found it at Walgreens for $6, and that night I ran home and showered, and slathered this on till my pits were dried off.

The next day I went outside in the Texas heat and sweat - a lot - and I didn't stink!!!
This is a miracle product (for me, anyway) and it'll last me a year! I don't really care about sweating, I care about smelling!!
Definitely recommend anyone to give this a try.

on 5/7/2014 6:43:00 PM

Due to aluminum chlorohydrates and other unhealthy ingredients, I have been looking for a natural deodorant for some time and happened to come across reviews for this product. I was very sceptical about this but I went ahead and purchased a travel size stick online. On using it, I was even more sceptical as it felt like I was just rubbing a wet stone on my underarms with no obvious product being applied. I have now been using this for almost 2 weeks and to my utter amazement, it actually works! I haven't smelt even a hint of odour in that time and I do tend to sweat a lot in the night. If you are looking for a natural and healthy deodorant (this is not an anti-perspirant) then you should give this a try. I just wish I had purchased the full size option.

on 5/7/2014 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After my last deodorant basically stopped working (ew), I was on the hunt for something to replace it. I remembered hearing about people who used crystal deodorants in the past, since from what I understand, they hit popularity in the mid-90's, so I decided to pick up the travel-sized one from Whole Foods and give it a try. Best two dollars and change I've spent in ages.
First off, it works. It works VERY well. I've got a pretty active lifestyle, and even after I work up a sweat, this stuff still prevents odors like a champ.
I love that it doesn't stain or smear on my clothing. I wear a lot of black, and many deodorants leave marks. This stuff doesn't.
It's fairly easy to use. Unscrew the cap, moisten the crystal, and apply to your underarms. Easy stuff.
For me, it's non-irritating even after I shave my underarms, which is great considering how most deodorants are like acid on freshly-shaven skin.
Price-wise, it's comparable to other natural deodorant brands. Not bad.
The packaging of the travel size is a little weird. It doesn't retract - it's just a cylinder of crystal lodged into a plastic base. I feel like it may fall apart over time, but so far it's been sturdy. I can't say anything for the full-sized version, as I haven't yet purchased it.
Will definitely repurchase.

on 4/29/2014 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a wonderful option for deodorant if one is looking to avoid aluminum chlorohydrates. I decide to give this a good old college try and was super impressed.

It is a stone that you wet just under the faucet and apply to under arm area. Takes about 1 minute to dry. No odor or fragrance associated with the product. It works very well for me. I even had my husband sniff my pits at the end of the day...no stick at all.

It is not an antiperspirant. I use Certain Dry twice a week to help in the controlling sweat. The combo of Certain Dry twice weekly and Crystal daily is my go to now.

Dirt cheap, like five bucks and it will last 1 year. I haven't even made a dent and I have used it daily for 2 months.

Just wish the container was more leakproof. It retains water and leaks a tad. Therefore don't leave it out on stone/granite countertops. (Warning on the product itself.)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have officially found the deodorant I am gonna use for the rest of my life! Before Crystal, I sort of swore off using anti-perspirants -- they just seem so bad for you. I was stealing my boyfriend's Old Spice deodorant and although it is anti-perspirant free, it (and most of the other scented deodorants out there) is laced with fragrances and a lot of other irritating chemicals, and worst of all, doesn't even work well for me. When I noticed that I still smelled like a rotting onion at the end of the day, I decided to give Crystal a try.

You have to get the "stone" wet in the sink and really coat your underarm with it. Not just your underarm but the areas around it. Go a little lower and higher and all around -- more so than you would do with a regular deodorant. It takes a few minutes to dry but when it does, you don't even notice it's on. No creamy, greasy feel under your pits. No weird smells wafting when you move your arms or hug people. You just won't smell anything! Or see anything -- doesn't get on your clothes. And it truly does last all day.

on 3/1/2014 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really like this deodorant because it's natural and it keeps me smelling like nothing (it has no scent so it's better than being stinky). It takes a little time to dry after putting it on but it keeps the odor away and it feels nice when I roll it on.

on 2/8/2014 11:24:00 PM

Like many other reviewers have noted, I started using this after reading a few studies about the link between aluminum antiperspirant deodorants and cancer (especially breast cancer), Alzheimer's disease, etc. Ever since my first try, I've been using only Crystal for years. It's incredibly inexpensive (around six bucks most places) and usually lasts me around a year. I also like that I've never built up a "tolerance" to this like I did to other deodorants in the past.

As for application: it is completely odorless, dries quickly, and doesn't leave any residue or white marks on your clothes since it's a clear salt. Also, know that it is NOT an antiperspirant and will not stop you from sweating. So if you sweat a lot, you may need to look for something else. However it is very good at stopping BO. As others have mentioned, the label says exclusively to apply to only clean skin, and that is truly a "must." If you pits are already dirty, sweaty, or smelly; it's not going to help you and will also cause the stick to smell. You have to wet the stick before applying it or else it won't do anything for you. Again, as others have mentioned, I usually liberally wet the stone and apply with a heavy hand (and it stills lasts forever!) and apply under my arms and about an inch or two out just to be safe and keep smells at bay.

I'd definitely recommend trying it for anyone who is even slightly interested. Like I said, it's very cheap, lasts a long time, and is very highly rated. Just be careful not to drop it or it will likely crack since it's a stone. Also, it has come up recently that this deodorant is not entirely aluminum free (see article included below) however I still think it is a FAR better option than your typical antiperspirant deodorant.

REFERENCED: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/02/16/aluminum-lurks-in-crystal-deodorants.aspx

on 1/3/2014 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I've been using this product for two years, since I gave up using conventional anti-perspirant because of the link to breast cancer caused by Aluminum Zirconium and parabens.

Though live in the UK, I buy this from iHerb.com with my regular order of supplements.

I'm extremely happy with this product. It's so easy to use by just wetting the top and rubbing the crystal on the underarm area. It dries quickly, is odourless and leaves no residue or white marks. This is not an anti-perspirant so will not prevent sweating but it will kill the bacteria that causes sweat to smell.

I wouldn't use anything else now and would highly recommend it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a fantastic product that works well, if used correctly. It is a deodorant, NOT an antiperspirant. It will not reduce the amount that you sweat, but prevent the bacteria in your underarm area from producing the body odor smell.

I originally bought this after reading about potential links of Aluminum Zirconium to breast cancer. Aluminum zirconium, which is the typical active ingredient in most antiperspirants, prevents you from sweating by plugging up the sweat pores and acting as a barrier to prevent your sweat from seeing the light of day. That said, if you use antiperspirants 24/7, like I know some people do, you are constantly keeping the pores in your underarms blocked and thus all of your underarm sweat with all of its impurities and toxins that are supposed to be released outside of the body are staying within you.

Products like this one contain Ammonium Alum, which still has Aluminum in it, but the way in which it is bound to the rest of the compound gives it a completely different function. I haven't been able to find literature online explaining how Ammonium Alum prevents the bacteria from producing B.O., but I am assuming that it is simply the acidic state of the compound in which the bacteria cannot function correctly to produce the smell.

The packaging states that you should apply the product to clean underarms only. This is crucial. If you already smell, this won't do anything to help that. I usually apply this at night after showering, and again in the morning just after waking up before I've had a chance to sweat. If you already smell, you can quickly clean your underarms with a paper towel and a bit of soap, and then apply the product.

Another issue I'm sure some people with negative results are having is that they aren't applying it to enough of their armpit. This product works much better if you apply it to the armpit AND around the armpit about two inches out on all sides. This way, any bacteria around the vicinity of the armpit won't be able to produce B.O. either. The crystal leaves no residue on the skin or on clothing.

One stick costs around $6, and lasts for over a year. The cap screws on so it is great for travel. I always find this line at Walgreens, but have never seen it at either Walmart or Target. I haven't looked at Rite Aid or CVS, but I'm assuming that if Walgreens has it, they probably would too.

on 10/27/2013 9:33:00 AM

Safe and effective deodorant, small size great for travel. I've used this for years now without any of the irritation or rashes I got from conventional deodorants.

Video Reviews & Tutorials