Aura Cacia Grapeseed Oil

Grape Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate

on 2/11/2013 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I just used this as face and eye makeup remover and now my face is bright red and both my face and eyes are burning. Ugh, I hate having such sensitive skin. :/

on 12/20/2012 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really wanted to love this as I can't tolerate most (if not all) multi-ingredient cleansers/moisturizers on the market. I used it as both a cleanser and moisturizer. I loved that this sunk in so fast, cleansed well, and didn't break out or irritate my skin. Sadly, it started to dry out my skin after about 4 days which in turn caused my oil production to go into overdrive in addition to major flakiness. I will keep it around for emergencies, but for my combo(more oily than dry) skin it was a no go for daily use.

on 10/20/2012 12:10:00 PM

I have been battling oily skin for the last three years. This stuff is seriously amazing. I remove makeup with an oil cleanse mix (castor oil, grapeseed, jojoba, and a drop of tea tree), then use my clarisonic with Neutrogena acne wash (the amber colored liquid), then use a little grapeseed oil with a little jojoba oil on my face after for moisturizer. Seriously, it did not clog my pores, and I barely use oil blotters anymore. It's that good. Anyone with oily skin should give it a try, it completely changed my skincare and makeup routine, and made my skin beautiful.

on 9/12/2012 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

A great product that helps reduce the amount of sebum produced = less oily skin. This product is a natural toner.

I have researched a lot about oils for facial care. I have also tried many products.

I used grapeseed oil for 6-8 months during the winter/spring months in the UK.

I haven't used this product since because I am currently starting up a regimen to help unclog my pores. Once winter starts (now I am in the northern part Canada), I will re-introduce.

If you are using more than a "dime size" of oil for your face, you are using it wrong - it's hard to get the right amount with the squirt bottle - but when you get it, rub together and lightly tap your face. Do not rub in. If there are areas on your face that are drier than others - just apply more to those areas.

The key is not to overdo.

on 9/4/2012 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love how lightweight this product and gives the perfect dewy effect underneath makeup. I have acne-prone skin and I don't breakout at all.

on 7/20/2012 2:16:00 AM

Fantastic Product! Here's why: I struggled with acne and combination/sensitive skin since I was 12-13 until I learned from my dermatologist that actually using really strong products on my skin all the time was exacerbating the problem. So I switched from Acne Free to Purpose and started using Epiduo at night and Olay Sensitive SPF 15 in the morning. After about a year, I noticed that while the Epiduo was still working, but it was starting to make my skin dry. I went Whole Foods for a natural solution and intended to get Vitamin E. I saw this and decided to try it instead after reading the back. I began using it as a night-time moisturizer and immediately saw the results. My skin actually looked more luminous and less oily during the day. It has become one of my can't-live-without-product. If you have combination/sensitive skin, this is the remedy for you! My only problem with it that I don't even consider the product's fault is that the oil gets into my bangs and makes them oily quickly. However, the product is too good to stop using just because of that non-issue.

on 5/2/2012 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

love, love, LOVE! This stuff is fantastic. I have been using it for about a month/5 weeks now. I wanted to wait before writing a review bc of my bad experience with the Oil Cleansing Method (awesome for 2 weeks then INSANE break out and long recovery) Ok here is my current routine. I cleanse with Dr. Bronner's Rose scent, tone with a home made mixture of water, ACV, and witch hazel, apply 2 drops of this product, and then top with cetaphil. I have been working really hard at converting my skincare to all natural products. I would like to get rid of the cetaphil but it feels too wasteful to throw away the big bottle that I have. I have to say that I am normally an acne prone and I have not had any troubles with this. My acne has actually pretty much gone away, but I am wary about attributing that to this product because I have also been using supplements (evening primrose and zinc). However, I have not broken out since adding this into my regime. I also add it into my body moisturizer and it is fantastic. Not greasy on face or body, everything gets absorbed. Docked a star for the packaging. When I run out of this I am going to look for an organic cold pressed oil in a dark bottle to prevent spoiling. While I don't feel that this product is harming my skin because of the poor packaging, I don't believe that I am receiving all of the benefits. Overall very happy and acne free!

on 4/26/2012 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

***PRICE*** paid $12 for a large bottle. the price for amount does not make me uneasy whatsoever. The small bottle is $7 CDN. I bought at S&H Health. I've seen it at Bulk Barn as well.

***PACKAGING*** The bottle has a UV protective coat so aging of grapeseed oil is delayed. When it's fresh, it should look greenish. As it ages, it will yellow and is rancid.
***USE*** I use this all over (body) after showering with a body lotion afterwards. I have extremely sensitive skin with eczema. This is not irritating. It adds and locks in moisture above and beyond what a lotion can do.
***TEXTURE*** Although an oil, its texture is on the lighter side (in comparison to say - olive oil or jojoba oil). It does not feel too heavy on skin. It sinks in well after a few minutes.
***OVERALL*** This is the best thing I've done for my skin in terms of keeping it moisturized. I personally would not use this on my face as I'm prone to breakouts and I'm not willing to find out. Overall, very happy with this product!

on 3/6/2012 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I massaged this onto my face before cleansing with my usual wash (philosophy purity made simple, which foams and gives a pretty deep clean). I only used this for 3 week, but I had a lot of clogged pores after. It could just be a purging period, but I didn't notice and increase in radiance and it wasn't especially moisturizing for me, so I had no reason to continue it.

on 12/29/2011 9:19:00 PM

Purchased this from health food store for extra moisture on body. It has really helped, especially on my legs and sides. Usually in winter I apply oil after shower, before drying off then apply thick lotion or cream afterward. With this product I don't need to moisturize after, it is enough on it's own. Has a slightly nutty aroma that diminishes shortly after application. Really like this oil and may try on face if needed. Update, just want to mention that after constant use this oil leaves a film in the tub/shower that is very difficult to remove. Also towels have taken on the nutty aroma of this oil and I just can't seem to get it out.