October 22, 2014 | 1779 users online

Cleansers - Aura Cacia - Grapeseed Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 9:44:00 AM More reviews by gabinadia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A great product that helps reduce the amount of sebum produced = less oily skin. This product is a natural toner.

I have researched a lot about oils for facial care. I have also tried many products.

I used grapeseed oil for 6-8 months during the winter/spring months in the UK.

I haven't used this product since because I am currently starting up a regimen to help unclog my pores. Once winter starts (now I am in the northern part Canada), I will re-introduce.

If you are using more than a "dime size" of oil for your face, you are using it wrong - it's hard to get the right amount with the squirt bottle - but when you get it, rub together and lightly tap your face. Do not rub in. If there are areas on your face that are drier than others - just apply more to those areas.

The key is not to overdo.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by heinesite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love how lightweight this product and gives the perfect dewy effect underneath makeup. I have acne-prone skin and I don't breakout at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2012 2:16:00 AM More reviews by Magh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Fantastic Product! Here's why: I struggled with acne and combination/sensitive skin since I was 12-13 until I learned from my dermatologist that actually using really strong products on my skin all the time was exacerbating the problem. So I switched from Acne Free to Purpose and started using Epiduo at night and Olay Sensitive SPF 15 in the morning. After about a year, I noticed that while the Epiduo was still working, but it was starting to make my skin dry. I went Whole Foods for a natural solution and intended to get Vitamin E. I saw this and decided to try it instead after reading the back. I began using it as a night-time moisturizer and immediately saw the results. My skin actually looked more luminous and less oily during the day. It has become one of my can't-live-without-product. If you have combination/sensitive skin, this is the remedy for you! My only problem with it that I don't even consider the product's fault is that the oil gets into my bangs and makes them oily quickly. However, the product is too good to stop using just because of that non-issue.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by allenleliza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

love, love, LOVE! This stuff is fantastic. I have been using it for about a month/5 weeks now. I wanted to wait before writing a review bc of my bad experience with the Oil Cleansing Method (awesome for 2 weeks then INSANE break out and long recovery) Ok here is my current routine. I cleanse with Dr. Bronner's Rose scent, tone with a home made mixture of water, ACV, and witch hazel, apply 2 drops of this product, and then top with cetaphil. I have been working really hard at converting my skincare to all natural products. I would like to get rid of the cetaphil but it feels too wasteful to throw away the big bottle that I have. I have to say that I am normally an acne prone and I have not had any troubles with this. My acne has actually pretty much gone away, but I am wary about attributing that to this product because I have also been using supplements (evening primrose and zinc). However, I have not broken out since adding this into my regime. I also add it into my body moisturizer and it is fantastic. Not greasy on face or body, everything gets absorbed. Docked a star for the packaging. When I run out of this I am going to look for an organic cold pressed oil in a dark bottle to prevent spoiling. While I don't feel that this product is harming my skin because of the poor packaging, I don't believe that I am receiving all of the benefits. Overall very happy and acne free!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 2:08:00 AM More reviews by leizel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

***PRICE*** paid $12 for a large bottle. the price for amount does not make me uneasy whatsoever. The small bottle is $7 CDN. I bought at S&H Health. I've seen it at Bulk Barn as well.

***PACKAGING*** The bottle has a UV protective coat so aging of grapeseed oil is delayed. When it's fresh, it should look greenish. As it ages, it will yellow and is rancid.
***USE*** I use this all over (body) after showering with a body lotion afterwards. I have extremely sensitive skin with eczema. This is not irritating. It adds and locks in moisture above and beyond what a lotion can do.
***TEXTURE*** Although an oil, its texture is on the lighter side (in comparison to say - olive oil or jojoba oil). It does not feel too heavy on skin. It sinks in well after a few minutes.
***OVERALL*** This is the best thing I've done for my skin in terms of keeping it moisturized. I personally would not use this on my face as I'm prone to breakouts and I'm not willing to find out. Overall, very happy with this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by kellay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I massaged this onto my face before cleansing with my usual wash (philosophy purity made simple, which foams and gives a pretty deep clean). I only used this for 3 week, but I had a lot of clogged pores after. It could just be a purging period, but I didn't notice and increase in radiance and it wasn't especially moisturizing for me, so I had no reason to continue it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by loveoutdoors

Purchased this from health food store for extra moisture on body. It has really helped, especially on my legs and sides. Usually in winter I apply oil after shower, before drying off then apply thick lotion or cream afterward. With this product I don't need to moisturize after, it is enough on it's own. Has a slightly nutty aroma that diminishes shortly after application. Really like this oil and may try on face if needed. Update, just want to mention that after constant use this oil leaves a film in the tub/shower that is very difficult to remove. Also towels have taken on the nutty aroma of this oil and I just can't seem to get it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by NataliaArtwork

When I began my freshmen year in college two years ago, my beautiful skin began to gradually get a pimple here or there. Then by the end of the year the breakout was pretty bad, and yet I could still manage to cover the problem and nobody knew except me. It felt like I was wearing a mask and I tried ProActiv, Skin ID, and other drugstore products which were to harsh, dried my skin out (thus making my oil glands hit overdrive), and initiated more blemishes.

I finally gathered up enough courage to go to a dermatologist and expose the skin I once felt so proud of and esteemed from the constant compliments. She prescribed all forms of medications and antibiotics to battle the acne from within and on the surface. Nothing helped. Soooooo, I began to look at natural & organic products. I switched my shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and toner to natural oils. But what about a natural moisturizer? Look no further girls who have combination, oily skin prone to sudden breakouts! Grapeseed Oil, by AuraCacia, is not a "cure", but it sure does help tremendously cleanse your face, tone it, and provide necessary moisture that will keep your sebum production to a minimum.

I began using it just 3 DAYS ago and have already seen a significant change in my complexion, tone, and blemishes. Grapeseed oil has antioxidants and vitamin E which helps your face shed dead layers of skin and close pores, so oil won't become trapped and will help balance your skin on all sides. I know, using oil to combat oil? Really, it does work... if you've had the courage to try products with alcohol and harmful chemicals (in drugstore brands) then what do you have to lose trying something that is actually good for your skin and 100% NATURAL? I purchased this at Whole Foods for like $8 and this 4oz bottle will last me awhile. Do your skin a favor and it will favor you :)

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by trinityblade24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This has done wonders for the tone, clarity, and softness of my facial skin. I have acne prone, oily skin and am on prescription retinoids. The retinoids made my skin irritated and dry and peeling, and other moisturizers could not combat that. But using GSO, all of that has changed and my skin is clear, soft, radiant, and glowing!

What I do is after I apply my retinoid at night, I massage in a pea sized drop of GSO on my face...the key is not to put too much or it will be too slick. Just enough to get a fine layer of moisture in. In the morning I just rinse my face off with warm water, and I look as if I just had a facial! I don't bother with washing and moisturizing again, just slap on sunscreen and my makeup and I'm out the door.

The real trick with GSO and I'm sure any other oils, is not to use so much...this has never broken me out, and GSO is so good for the skin, it's full of good fatty acids and micronutrients, as grapeseeds are full of nutrition (seeds after all, are meant to grow new plants).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

This is a nice light oil that is less stickier than castor oil. I add a few drops to my bath water with an essential oil, and my skin feels really hydrated. I used it on my face after cleansing, but I didn't care for the use of the product on my face since my skin looks dull after using this. I like using grapeseed oil on my hair as well- it moisturizes my natural texture hair really well.