November 29, 2014 | 1206 users online

Treatments - Nail Life nail revitalizer

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2011 11:11:00 PM More reviews by alright2009

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product because for years I had been getting solar nails done and decided I needed to cut cost somewhere and well, having my nails done with fills and whatnot was something I could go without. I did research on what to use after solar nails are removed. I saw a few good reviews on this item. I have only used it for about 2 weeks and so far I am not seeing any major changes? I took it camping with me and applied it every day as stated and I still had peices of my nails peeling off and after the 7 days there was quite a bit of build up from all the layers, to the point where it was 'crusty' at the ends of my cuticals. I am now trying what others have said worked for them and that is as a base coat with polish over the top. I then put one layer of Nail Life on and what I do different, is use Sally Hansens Hard As Nails every other day as a top coat. This so far seems to be working well. I have had 'naural' nails before so I know I can get them back to being healthy and hopefully this product will help but I don't think I would buy it again because of the cost and slow change, if any.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by a2bbb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

at first i hated this product I thought it was the biggest sham. it didn't help straighten my nails at all and they just kept breaking. I kept with it partially because it was so expensive ($12) and because i was making a youtube review for it. Two months later I can say I'm finally seeing results. It's finally working. There's a few nails that I could never get to grow because they'd always break off they are finally strong enough to grow. as well my other nails are feeling more resilient when i bend them backwards. it' the kind of product taht you realy have to give a chance to. After all the growth cycle of a nail is 3-6 months

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by cakie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My job requires me to wear gloves most of the time, so that make my nails became really weak and peel all the time. I used to use Essie Protein Base Coat which gave me really good result, till I found out they actually d/ced it... so nightmare begins (._.) I found this product while surfing @ sally beauty site, and got it in the store when it was on sale plus with some coupon, so the price really wasn't bad, especially with the amount you are going to get.. a big 1 oz bottle.

Back to the product itself. I bought the formaldehyde free one. Got it certainly based on the big rave here and there... but it been quite a disappointment. I used it as a base coat under my nail polish, and my nail polish peel within 1 day. Then I used it by itself, still no help... not only nail did not get any stronger, in fact my nails just started to peel within 1 day *again*... I will probably try again when my nail get a little bit stronger, since I really don't wanna waste it. Though, I won't repurchase it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Tahari

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I started using the formaldehyde free version of this product a month ago to help with my nail thinness and breakage. I followed the directions on the label. At first I noticed my nails did feel stronger, but a week ago I noticed the top layer of my nails was peeling off! I cut the breakage off and applied Nail Life over the nail layer that was left. Today I used nail polish remover to take it off, and my nails are still peeling! I wish this product worked for me, but now I'm just hoping my nails aren't permanently ruined!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by harpiequeen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't have trouble growing my nails out, but my nails are naturally very thin, so much so that just performing minor activities will make them bend and hurt. I use this as a base and top coat, and not only are my nails rock hard (no more pain!), but my polish doesn't go anywhere. Seriously...it's time to change my polish because my nails have grown out rather than the polish has chipped.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by AnnetteWright

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I recently started working as a cashier in a grocery store and my nails totally fell apart (they weren't doing so well right before, though I've grown nails before.)

After doing research here, I decided to try this product and I'm so glad I did.

After about 2 weeks of using this, along with polish and top coats, my nails have stopped peeling and breaking. They have a bit of length to them.

I won't be attempting to grown them out longer than the end of my finger tips, but just have them well groomed and polished.

It is a very good product, I'm glad I tried it. I am using the "original" formula which is not formaldehyde free. I needed the real thing. In a few more weeks I'll start weaning myself off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Kabuk1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is AMAZING, it's the only nail treatment I've ever used that actually WORKS & does what it says it'll do. I'm recovering from a set of homebrew acrylics at the moment, and my nails are really weak. I've been using this for a couple weeks, and the difference is unbelievable. They almost feel normal again. They were so thin & damaged that they would bend completely in half, and some of them actually HURT. They're still not 100% just yet, but this product has strengthened them to the point that I can actually grow them out a bit without them breaking & peeling. And it makes them grow faster too! There's really nothing to dislike about this. It seems pricy at $7, but you get a huge 1 oz. bottle that will last you a long time. I have the formaldehyde free version, and I haven't had any issues with peeling or chipping like some of the other reviewers. In fact, my manis last until I take them off when I use this. New HG, fa' sho'! I think this is either a dupe or a replacement for Renu-A-Nail, which was also an excellent product but you can't find it anywhere anymore :-/

EDIT: This is still my favorite nail product, but I recently tried the original version with formaldehyde, and I HATE it. After only about a week my nails started turning yellow & began to chip, split, and peel. And it caused my polish to bubble like crazy no matter how careful I was. I'm returning it tomorrow. I'd advise people to stick with the formaldehyde-free version.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 4:31:00 PM More reviews by carshrimp

This is a great nail treatment for weak nails. My nails started to split and peel, but after applying this on for a few days, it stopped and looks much healthier than before. It is a bit pricey, but well worth your money!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 11:25:00 PM More reviews by HONEYBUNZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This nail treatment really works, will make your nails long and healthy

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Luckyboy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to revise my review of this product. At first I loved it. You get a lot and the price is good. At first, after applying your nails look shiny and nice, however........ I have noticed that when I wear this product for 4 or 5 days it completely ruins my nails. My nails chip and dry out bad. It takes forever for my nails to recover. They get sore and look a mess. Never again! I'm throwing my bottle out.