NARS Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

4.4

on 2/3/2015 10:51:00 PM

I really wanted to love this.I was so excited to buy this.As soon as I got home I tried it immediately.First,to highlight cheek.Looked horrible.Then,I tried down the nose bridge.That too looked horrible.I tried above the brow,cupids bow.Nope,still horrible.It just seemed to clash with the foundation I was wearing =(

on 2/1/2015 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Amazing, i love it....

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Out of the 10+ highlighters in my arsenal, this is my absolute staple. It's shockingly ghost-like in the compact, but with a light hand in the right places, I feel like freakin' J-Lo walking down South Beach with Albatross dusted on. It's my last step in my daily routine and the glow is simply gorgeous for day or night. My next favorite would be Mary Lou-manizer by The Balm, but the compact sucks and breaks regularly. Nars never fails with the quality of the compact and I can take it anywhere. It's pricey but totally worth the cost. Oh, and I have used the same one several times a week for 2 years and just had to repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this originally to use as a highlighter (well, duh, that's what it's for), only to find out that it is way too shimmery for daily use, at least on my face. I DO like it as an eyeshadow, however- it's very good for highlighting the brow-bone and blending with other, darker colors to make them less intense.

on 1/21/2015 2:49:00 PM

just recently purchased this and i am obsessed! i love how natural it looks on my skin and it is the perfect highlight. although pricey, it is definitely worth it as i use it every single day under my eyes, on my cheeks and down the bridge of my nose. definitely a new staple in my makeup collection!

on 1/14/2015 6:15:00 PM

The powder is a beautiful highlight, but is very yellow, close to even orange. Looks quite orange on my medium/tan skin. Not a nice, bright, neutral highlight I was hoping for. Very warm and highly taste specific. The reviews for Albatross are great so I was excited for this product, but it just didn't look right on my skin...had to return it.

on 12/26/2014 4:47:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I really really wanted to like this product. It was the first high end highlighter I ever purchased and reviews had me sold especially hearing that it's great on medium-dark skin tones so I bought Albatross and the first time I wore it, I was on my way to a lunch date with my husband. I looked in the mirror in the car and it looked so bad. It looked so yellow and it didn't just melt into my skin. It just sat right on top and looked terrible. I used a light hand and blended it but it just looks so unnatural and harsh. My husband told me not to wear it again. I've tried using it a couple times after that but I just don't like it. I do like it on my eyes though. That's the only thing so I will not repurchase ever! So dissapointed.

on 11/23/2014 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love how this stuff shows up plain white, but when I swipe a gorgeous candlelight glow pops up. It's very sexy, yellowish gold glow. My issue with it is that it has little staying power. I know that's what primer is for, but even with primer I feel like I just get a few hours of wear.

on 11/4/2014 12:29:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I use this daily as my highlight and really like it. I can understand others' complaints that it pulls a bit yellow, but as my skin has slightly warm undertones it looks fine on me. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect brush to apply this as it often get a little 'everywhere' in the morning, but it just takes a second to buff out the edges to a lovely finish. My best method thus far is to use half of a stipple brush to sweep it on strategically, but I'm sure there are brushes made for this that might serve the purpose better.

Pros:
* natural finish
* great glowy quality
* smooth application
* blendable
* a little goes a long way

Cons:
* can be a bit yellow
* best if applied carefully

on 10/23/2014 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a great gold toned highlighter. I gave mine to a friend because I wasn't really using it. On occasion I would mix it with my pink blushes to make them look more like NARS Orgasm, but then I got wise and just bought the darn Orgasm blush.

Top Rated NARS Products