NARS Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

4.4

on 10/23/2014 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great gold toned highlighter. I gave mine to a friend because I wasn't really using it. On occasion I would mix it with my pink blushes to make them look more like NARS Orgasm, but then I got wise and just bought the darn Orgasm blush.

EPIC! Best highlighter out there by far for all skin tones!

on 10/9/2014 11:29:00 PM

Pretty disappointed with this highlighter. I wear C2 in FNB foundation for MAC. I'm asian with light-medium skin and this looks way too yellow on me. It looked promising from the reviews but when I tried it out, it was this yellowy shimmery mess. It would probably look better on tanned skin or less yellow complexions.

on 9/25/2014 4:02:00 PM

From looking at the package, it looks like it would be chalky, very pale, super yellow, and not very flattering. In reality, it's beautiful.

A light dusting on a small brush (it's easy to use too much on a big brush, since it's pretty pigmented) just gives a little golden glow, not overly shimmery. It's even okay during the day if you're careful about not using too much, and is completely magical for dramatic evening makeup.

on 9/12/2014 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

1. Luxurious! It feels velvety smooth in the compact and wait til you swatch it!
2. Great highlighter - it looks fab on my golden complexion thus far though l still am getting my hands on MAC's Global Glow
3. Pricey and worth it though you probably will get same results with a cheaper version as long as a good quality brush is used.
Love!

on 9/9/2014 12:31:00 AM

I'm a MAC NC25 and this looks too yellow on my skin, making it very unnatural. It's very shimmery also, do not recommend if you're looking for a "subtle" look. It's very heavy and if you don't have good or almost perfect skin it will show all your imperfections. I'm still on the quest for the perfect most natural highlighter...:(

on 9/8/2014 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Real talk. When I use this highlighter, angels sing, cherubs drop petals, unicorns whinny in appreciation.

It gives my skin a beautiful glow and just gives me that vibrancy that my world-weary, beat down body is unable to produce on its own.

Every single time I wear this, I get compliments that I look great. They never know it's the highlighter, but it's always just "something's different."

on 8/30/2014 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Albatross is lovee, whilst I gear towards more champagne hued highlighters - I love the glowy and golden shimmer Albatross has to offer. This shade is universal and would work on a broad range of skin tones which I find a major plus. One con is the price and the rubberish packaging which becomes so prone to collecting dirt and makeup. But I would definitely recommend this, I use this in rotation.

on 8/14/2014 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Luxury in a compact!! This is soooo amazing. I wanted something extra special as a pick-me-up after a hard day, so I got Albatross from Sephora because my father offered to to buy me something nice anyways back to the product but I had been on a FB group that always mentions dupes & they said that elf has 1 called "Gotta Glow" & as seeing that I could never find it in ANY stores in my vast amounts of traveling, I didn't want to buy fifty bucks or w/e worth of elf to get the free shipping & I wasn't gonna fork out 5 or ten bucks for shipping a $3 item, I decided to go put that money towards a more quality product of course (cue: Nars!!). I've never been disappointed in any Nars products not that I can afford many, but I am so glad I skipped all the BS & got the real deal. This looks scary & useless in the compact but u put it on & it turns this lovely pearl golden glow. Simply amazing! I am truly wowed. None of my other hi-liters even come close to how awesome this is. I will def repurchase & it makes me wanna buy some more Nars! I am a convert! Albeit a broke 1. But I will wear this evday, I am not breaking it out 4 special ocassions, life is a gift so evday is a special ocassion! If they could package the glowy radiating look of health into a powder, albatross is what it is!

on 7/14/2014 7:36:00 PM

Love this product! I have been using Albatross for years, and it's always a repurchase. I have very fair skin, and find most highlighters have a pink undertone and are not complementary to my skin tone, where as Albatross is gold and adds warmth to my face. I am always getting compliments on my highlighter, thanks to NARS :)

Top Rated NARS Products