Olay Olay Total Effects First 7x First Effects Daily Moisturiser

on 12/7/2009 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I'm very impressed with this. Normally I don't use moisturizers because I've got very oily skin, and my dermatologists have told me I don't need it so don't bother. But I've been sick with the flu the last couple of weeks, and it's been very cold (for Southern California) and windy, so most of my face has been as chapped as my lips. I slathered some on my poor face before bed, and woke up with baby-smooth skin. It smells nice and isn't unpleasantly unctuous either. And it didn't break me out! I will definitely buy this again if I need it.

on 3/7/2009 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

** Fragrance free and Oil free formula
** My skin breaks out so easily, and more to the oily side.
( for those of you concrned with the same issues)

I also wanted to point out, if you buy this at CVS and you do not like it, you can return it back to the store just make sure you have the original receipt

I just bought this yesterday at CVS for 21.00 and change. I read up on the product on MA and decided to take the plunge. I have currently been using DDF Moisture Dew which retails for 40.00 with tax at Sephora. While, the DDF was great light and good for my oily combo skin, it was only a moisturizer, and I wanted something that did more. I washed my face and put the Olay lotion on with one full pump, ( which I found out today was too much, bc I used 1/2 of the pump) and despite using a little too much, it was amazing. After putting it on, it sank into my skin and my skin looked radiant, my pores smaller ( not HUGE difference, but enough that I noticed) my make up went on smoothly and my face was not as shiny as it would be towards the end of a night out. Today, I washed my face and just put more on and I can see a difference of just applying the lotion, it just a healthier looking glow. ! I am so impressed, I am in my early twenties and this is great preventative for wrinkles too! You just can't beat it! I even got compliments last night on how great my make up looked! I def recommended it.

** If anything changes I will be sure to provided an update, but for now I am 100% + satisfied!

on 3/3/2009 12:09:00 PM

Love this! Olay has always been a go to product for me. They make really good products that are not to expensive. You can always find them on sale. I needed a more moisturizing day cream so I decided to pick this up.

It is a nice cream that isn't heavy or greasy. It helps to moisturize my skin but not making my skin look shiny. My skin feels so soft after I use it! And I love the fragrance.

on 1/11/2009 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have fallen in love with this moisturizer. It smells clean without being overscented and my skin just soaks this up without feeling greasy, just soft, smooth and silky. I will definitely buy this again!

on 7/25/2008 12:43:00 PM

Maybe it is only me who is only unlucky with Olay, but as the other cream that I just reviewed from them, this also gets a bad opinion from me. Once again, I tried to like it, used almost all the tube (which is btw expensive for being only 40 ml), but it does not do the job on my normal/slightly dry skin. The texture is a bit gel like, which I find unpleasant to begin with, as I find these do not sink in for me, but stay on the surface creating a quite unpleasant layer. Also, besides not being moisturising or nutritive enough, it does at all times keep my skin just a bit bumpy and broken out. I was not crazy about the scent either.

on 3/24/2008 4:21:00 PM

I saw the reviews , and I was looking for a moisturizer that help my dry skin due to tretinoin treatment ,before I was using ddf for oily skin is good but not to die for ,then I was on the market for this one ,,,is not bad ,my skin has not break out , doesn't moisturize well ,

on 1/10/2008 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I sampled the version with fragrance and it didn't bother me - but I purchased the SPF 15 Fragrance Free [just a personal preference]. I LOVE it.

I have been using now for almost 2 weeks and I have to say that I have noticed a difference in my skin. I had a couple of age spots developing on my right temple and while I still see them - they do give the appearance of having faded a bit. It is noticeable. I also am seeing an improvement in my skin in general. I can't state with absolute certainty that fine lines are disappearing at this point - but overall my skin has a lovely glow and smoothness to it. Again the changes ARE noticeable - and in such a short period of time.

The packaging is absolutely fantastic. I wish Olay would package all of their moisturizers in this fashion. Seriously. It dispenses cleanly and easily - and looks pretty when stored away. The product is thicker than their Complete product - but not overly so. It flows nicely on the skin and absorbs well. This is my daily moisturizer - I use a different moisturizer for night time.

This is a great new product from Olay - and I'm truly impressed with the results and will continue to purchase. My only beef is the price - but I'll pay it since I feel the results are well worth it!

on 12/31/2007 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this because it seemed to have good reviews here and on drugstore.com. I had previously been using Origins A Perfect World face cream, but I found it to be too greasy and caused minor breakouts on my face. I've been using the Total Effects for about 6 months now, and I really like it. I don't know if it has *treated* any fine lines or wrinkles (can any product really do this?), but it might be *preventing* them. I don't really have any major wrinkles or even a lot of fine lines, but I was looking for prevention. I also use this cream around my eye area and it has been great for that. The Total Effects is smooth, a nice creamy consistency but not too greasy, moisturizes well, and does not cause any breakouts. The regular formula (not the fragrance free or the one with SPF) does have a light, pleasing scent. I absolutely love the packaging since it enables me to dispense just the amount I need. I also love that it has a sturdy cap so that I can travel with the bottle and I won't be squirting it all over the inside of my toiletry bag. The price is high for a drugstore product, but I think it's worth it, since it's still cheaper than any department store product that does the same thing. I have already repurchased this and will likely continue to do so.

on 10/29/2007 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this as my night moisturizer. I like the consistency and scent. It makes my skin feel soft and smooth. For now, this moisturizer will do. But if I see wrinkles I may have to step it up and use something else.

on 6/22/2007 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have combination skin, and since being pregnant, I'll have some days where my face is just super oily! This moisturizer is definitely a godsend...I don't feel like my face is a greasy mess with it, and it does look like my skin has gotten smoother looking. Definitely recommend!