July 28, 2014 | 1004 users online

Shampoo - Burt's Bees - More Moisture Raspberry and Brazil Nut Shampoo [DISCONTINUED]

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I was worried, considering these bad reviews. It makes my hair look great, until it dries...... it dried it out. I think this is best for oily hair or the Summer when we have oily hair. I have thick hair that gets dry this time of year. It's going back, along with the conditioner.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2010 1:10:00 AM More reviews by VegasStar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

An ok shampoo. The big problem is it is not moisturizing at all. In fact, my hair felt dry after using it. Liked the smell. Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2010 2:16:00 AM More reviews by fwilmore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this shampoo because I needed a SLS free product for my BKT treated hair. At first, I liked it, even the smell. But after the first few weeks of using it, it doesn't seem to lather AT ALL. My hair would feels dry and squeaky and impossible for me to rake my hands through it while the shampoo is in my hair! The only way I can get a few suds is to pour a handful of it in my hand, run it through my hair then rinse and put another couple of handfulls in. This wastes product, and because my hair is so squeaky, I can't get down to my scalp to clean it well and it's making my dandruff worse. Also, I can't stand the smell now. It makes me sick. I am going to go back to my coconut Organix because even though it's SLS free, it suds up nicely and my hair actually feels clean.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2010 2:22:00 AM More reviews by puggyxisxbored

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

As an African American with Natural ("not relaxed") hair, I had a tough time finding a shampoo without sulfates in it to retain moisture. I was very eager to try this shampoo until reading all of the negative reviews for it. Finding it on sale at Walgreens for pretty much half the original price, I decided to give it a go.

I can see why people complained about the hair feeling dry during use, but I didn't feel my hair "automatically tangle" either. That odd dry feeling went away as soon as I used conditioner. I did notice results when I dried my hair--it felt much softer, unlike when I used my previous shampoo that included sulfates. My hair was MUCH easier to detangle and twist.

The smell is ok: it didn't make me gag like how raspberry scent usually does. There was no lather while using it, and it was pretty hard to determine if my hair had enough shampoo in it or not.

Since I wrote this review after only one use, I am not too sure if I plan to repurchase this product. It is a yes for now until I find something better. Hope this helps!

EDIT: Ehh... I am starting to hate this product. Maybe the first time I used this, my hair had lots of product in it or something. Now this is starting to dry out my hair (I've used it about 5 times) and many strands shed during washing. I need to find another (gentler!) sulfate free shampoo =(

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2010 3:32:00 AM More reviews by inadiamond2087

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is drying, and it literally made my hair fall out. Every time I would touch my hair, my fingers would have a ton of hair strands wrapped around them. I grabbed some cheap Suave shampoo + conditioner to use and after using it my hair stopped falling out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2010 4:52:00 AM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me start out by writing that most Burt's Bees products either did not work for me, or just didn't live up to my expectations. After I had my baby, my scalp became very dry and itchy. I could not find anything to remedy that for 2 years. I came across this product and was intrigued by its all natural ingredients. It doesn't lather up as much as other shampoos, but it does lather. After I used it the first time in the shower, I thought, yikes.. my hair feels dry. I followed by using conditioner and let my hair air dry as usual. My hair felt silky and smooth, and best of all, no more dry, itchy scalp! Wonderful. It's expensive, but worth it.

Edit on 03/03/10: Reduces this to a 3/5. Although I still like this shampoo, it dries out my hair quite a bit. But it still is great for my dry scalp. Go figure. I'd like to find something else that is SLS free and doesn't dry out my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2009 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Pandalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this shampoo. Some people say it doesn't foam, but it did for me. I like the smell too. My hair did feel really dry, but when it dries,it's left really smooth and shiny :D

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2009 2:06:00 PM More reviews by MU2

Just an OK shampoo....did not mind that it did not lather, didn't expect it to....but my short hair got VERY tangled while shampooing, it was hard to work my fingers through the tangles and wash properly. I also have fine, thin hair which may have contributed, I don't know. It also felt very dry after rinsing, but the conditioner helped with that. I know some people like the smell, but I thought it was awful! Makes me wonder if the product was old.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2009 11:15:00 AM More reviews by megglundrigan

Firstly, I LOVE the smell of this shampoo and how long it lasted in my hair. It smells just like raspberries, really sweet and fruity without being over-powering.

Unfortunately it just didn't do much for my hair, which was a shame beacuse I love Burt's Bees. I found I had to use a lot of the product to effectively wash all of my hair (I have thick, wavy hair that's down past my shoulders) but I didn't mind that it didn't later...Because it's natural!

It caused breakage in the ends of my hair and made my hair a bit frizzy. The packaging is pretty standard though I find when traveling, packing the shampoo and conditioner in plastic bags is a must because sometimes the caps pop open and the bottles leak a bit.

A little bit pricey for a product that didn't do too much for me. Sad day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by bluedaisy11

I used to use only shampoos from drugstores such as Pantene and Aussie, but started to realize that they didn't much wash my hair as much as they left my scalp itchy and greasy faster. The chemicals included in these shampoos like sodium lauryl sulfate I feel do more more damage then good. So I looked for a shampoo with natural ingredients, found Burt's Bees, and chose more moisture. This product works excellently because my hair is hydrated all day and my scalp feels healthy, not itchy. But, a little pricy. Worth it though.