July 26, 2014 | 967 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - 115 African Queen

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by InTone

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm a very VERY pale...this is a bold, duo-chrome pink and purple color and I LOVE how this looks against my skin. I never liked the megashine gloss since I have their shade in Natural which is too brownish for me to be natural (pale girls, you know what I mean) and I thought the gloss felt goopy. But I actually really love the formulation on this, it's very smooth. I give it a thumbs up. I only wish it would of come closed in Ulta...imagine who might of put their lips on the applicator before me? They really need to do something about that....
I ADORE this type of duo-chrome purple-blue-pink shade, I love love love lippies this color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2011 7:22:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

Super pigmented, lovely texture and a fairly yummy taste while not feeling too sticky! Great gloss!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 4:36:00 PM More reviews by echamier

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This lipgloss is EPIC. I love the color so much and have yet to find any drugstore lipgloss like it! It is the perfect combination of pink and purple! I wear this during the day and at night. It is a super pigmented, super bright color, so if you're afraid to stand out, I would not recommend this shade for you, because that is exactly what you're going to do! LOVE IT.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by VioletRaven

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Now this lip gloss is seriously cool. The shade is amazing, I love how it changes in the light; purple, pink and violet. Gorgeous!
I wish it had a doe foot wand, but that's all I didn't like about the packaging.
With that said, here's a few pros and cons.
Pros
-gorgeous colour.
-it fades very prettily.
-can be modified depending on what lipstick you wear it over.
-very cheap.

Cons
-has a plastic smell.
-feathers a bit when worn on its on.
-not the best wear.

Despite the cons, I give this four lippies, 'cause it's such a lovely colour, and it's good for such a small dollar.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by magcue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful shade! I'm a PPP and it looks pretty good on me. The formula is great, it's not sticky and gunky.

Like the label applies, it is *very* shiny.

This lipgloss is buildable so you can go from day to night looks easily.

This is my first NYX product and definitely not my last.

I do, however, have to knock off a star because its wand applicator is bent at a very awkward angle which makes it difficult to use and it smells very sickeningly sweet, much like strong cherry kool-aid.

EDIT: if you're looking for lipstick (especially cheap lipstick) in a (very) similar color/shade, I highly recommend NYC's 405 Blue Rose.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by CrystalAdara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes, I love this lipgloss! This was the first NYX lipgloss that I bought; I had been dying to try these for a long time. I love that this gloss is sooo pigmented! It is very important to me that the color on my lips is the same as the color in the tube. This does not leave an annoying stickiness on my lips, but rather feels natural and light. the only thing is, it smells almost like sickly sweet bubblegum. So, if you are sensitive to smell, beware. But, it does not bother me and the smell will fade after wearing for awhile. It is definitely a bold shade, what you see is what you get, but you can always sheer it out with a neutral gloss on top. Awesome color!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by nuclearteeth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

A perfect "POW!" pink if ever I've seen one. Very smooth in terms of application and the gloss feels light while on. As for the colour...this is NOT for the faint of heart. It's bright and bold and juicy, but can be toned down for work if you just dot a bit in the center of the lips and spread over the expanse. Very nice colour for brown girls!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was on the fence about this but I ordered it anyway when cherryculture had a 50% sale. I thought it was a cliche dark skin girl color that I don't really like, but I was so pleasantly surprised. It's not as bad on as in the tube. I love love love this color. And even at the regular price of $5.50 it's a steal compared to MAC Lip or Dazzleglasses.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Nikki_L

I was pleasantly surprised by this color. I have used NYX glosses in the past and I like them. A deep fuschia color with slight irridescence. It works on my dark skin, surprisingly--even without a lip liner. Pop of color.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by cbailey4111

Gorgeous, gorgeous color. Only problem is I'm having trouble finding times to wear it, lol. I tried a thicker layer at work one day and got a strange look from my boss. So typically I put some balm on and smooth a dot onto each lip, and tada! Pretty pink lips. I don't care for the smell, for me it's like a fake green apple and it's very strong but whatevs. I love my NYX glosses.