August 22, 2014 | 1761 users online

Foundations - Kevyn Aucoin - Liquid Airbrush Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by binky189

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

All I can say is ashy ashy ashy, every way I applied this. I wanted to love it so much, I spent 2 week trying different ways of apply it. I tried the 109, 187, and 190 brush from mac; also used the beauty blender. But it was the same outcome, an ashy mess all over my face, powder didn't even help.

FYI: I bought LQ14 and I usually wear NW45 and Revlon CS cappuccino

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by ciscocat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay full disclosure first: I am a make-up snob and have tried all the high end lines (CDP, Armani, Chanel, YSL, etc) so you know I do most of my shopping at the dept. stores. Well after reading favorable reviews on the KA line here and in beauty mags as well as being impressed with his reputation and personal character, I decided to check it out at my local Sephora. I was blown away. Sephora doesn't carry all the products, but I was digging the quality of what I saw and the airbrush foundation has serious HG potential. I'm using LX 05, which is the second lightest shade. This goes on like silk and leaves a very nice glow that's not at all shiny or shimmery. It reminds me of Armani's LSF, but unlike LSF, this ones doesn't sink into my pores! I got a sample of the KA foundation earlier this week and after a side by side comparison with CDP's new Cream Foundation ($120), the KA absolutely had the more flattering finish and was still holding up after several hours. The packaging is also elegant. A reddish brown pump that only requires one pump to get enough product for the face. I'm in love.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2009 10:53:00 PM More reviews by poeticsinger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OK this foundation has the HG potential. But once again, the product is clearly not made for African American women. I have LQ13 and it's a smidge darker than I'd like but that's like the darkest color they have and I'm EXTREMELY light for a black woman and in no way symbolic of the color makeup should be for women of color. That aside, this is a very smooth foundation. It stops being perfect because I did have to blot about about 2 hours and there are foundations that hold that flawless look longer. BUT it's the easiest thing I've used in a while. I mix and match EVERYTHING. With this, I put the foundation on with the MAC powder that also says it gives you an airbrushed look and voila! FLAWLESS.
I think I'm going to put the powder on first and see if I like that better. But all in all, this is an awesome foundation and I recommend it highly

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2008 7:55:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow. I might - just might - have found my HG fdt (I say 'might' because I know myself: I'm a makeup junkie and I know that this is not the last one I'll buy). I bought this in LQ 07, and it's just a tad light, but I don't care. I DETEST dark foundations. I prefer to err on the light side and compensate with a bit of bronzer. I like this because it's medium to full coverage, but w/o the masky, dry look. It's emollient and creamy, simply glides on, and has a beautiful finish. Also, it does not settle in my pores, like 99% of the vast array of fdts I have do. I use Guerlain's Meteorites powder on it (Beige, which is a bit dark for my skin, so it goes well over this). However, it IS expensive, so I think I'll reserve it for special occasions. But I would absolutely recommend it.

Oh, another thing. You know how at the end of the day, your fdt makes you look dry and, well, old? This one doesn't. I put it on this moring. It is now close to 7pm and my face still looks fresh. As I said, Wow.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Faster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as a RAOK from a wonderful MUA'er. I have the 02 shade.(for reference i am nw15/20 with dry skin that is prone to hormonal breakouts) Firstly i was taken by the beautiful red pump action bottle - so unusual & striking!The foundation has a whipped mousse texture & the pump bottle makes it easy to get the right amount out and little is needed to cover the entire face as the foundation is very fluid & easy to apply. The first time i wore this i made 2 mistakes - i rushed applying it & never set it with powder - lesson learned! My face was an oil-slick by the time i got home from work complete with patchy bits, i find this strange as it is noted on the box that its for normal to oily skin. I have dry skin but i do moisturise it heavily. Anyways lesson duly learned - the second time i wore it i applied it carefully & took my time - i delivers what i would describe as a light to medium coverage (leaning twoards medium).I found i needed to be careful applying it around my eyebrows as it seemed to clump a little there but otherwise it glided onto my skin & left it looking "airbrushed"! I set it with my MAC Blot Powder & stood back and admired my face - it really does deliver a great finish when the time is taken & it is set properly. It has good lasting power too. I love the colour match for my skin - its probably one of the best i have ever had.I do really like this but i only gave it 3 lippies as i felt it took too long to get a good application - but i am usually rushing so perhaps this one should be kept for special occasions when i have time to spend on my application or maybe if i improve my application!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2007 6:18:00 PM More reviews by doncasterchan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bought this from Beauty.com. At first I thought eh..another so so foundation but at lunch, I went to the ladies room and thought - Hey, I look pretty nice today! It's not heavy coverage but it definately evens out skin tone without looking masky. Looks even better if you use primer under it. I also bought the KA loose powder and they work together nicely. EDIT: Oh no!! I noticed that my forehead's developing these little bumps. Not pimples, just clogged pores. And once I stopped using the foundation, they started going away. I don't know what ingredient is causing this but I guess I will just use this foundation for evenings out or a special day. Pity.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2007 6:30:00 AM More reviews by Kinkybabe

If you are sick of spending too much time applying KA SSE( Sensual Skin Enchancer), then this is a good substitute! I have to say that this is the best Liquid Foundation I have tried and I have tried many ( e.g. La mer, NARS, Jane Iredale, Suqqu...). I am half asian and because the colour selection of KA LQ shades is less than SSE's, it is easier for me to choose as it is dead obvious to spot LQ 08 as a medium tone yellow-based shade. I almost forget to note that LQ 08 is not my perfect shade as it is half a shade lighter but it is still acceptable as I rather look a bit lighter than pinky brown with LQ 09!

I initially bought this because of the lemmings induced by previous reviewers and I am not disappointed! It's cream texture is very hydrating and comfortable on my skin without the sticky feeling that I often get with Liquid Foundation.The result is heavy-medium coverage with glowy-matte finish that look just like real skin.Although it hides my acne marks pretty well, it cannot cover any red underground spot on its own and I mix it with KA SEE for complete coverage in those occasion. I am also impressed with its staying power on my uber oily skin after 4/5 plotting throughout the day.

One thing I am not too sure of is that it might clog pores but I will update if things change!

EDIT: It definitely do clog pores as I have tiny whiteheads developed on cheeks and chin after using this and so I have reduced two lippies! For now, I am back to Jane Iredale PurePressed and only use this for special occassion. NO REPURCHASE NOW

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2007 9:36:00 PM More reviews by divafx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a creamy whipped liquid type foundation in a pump. What I like about this is the texture, staying power, and natural looking coverage. When I'm wearing it I get a lot of compliments on my "porcelain" perfect skin. My skin is absolutely not perfect but even on bad skin days this makes it look perfect. It's very creamy and blendable and a little goes a long way. I did take one lippie off for the colors. The SSE has perfect skin match colors but the liquid airbrush makeup tends to not have a great color selection. I'm extremely fair with yellow undertones. I normally use a mix of SX02 and SX01. The liquid airbrush makeup in LQ02 looks warm based when you pump it out of the container but for some reason it turns decidedly pink on my skin. I'm not sure if it's my individual chemistry or if anyone else has had this issue but my neck is very yellow and with the Liquid Airbrush makeup my face is cool toned. The two-toned look is not that great of a look. I tried color correcting it but nothing I did seemed to keep it from turning pink. By pink I mean it made me look like I was a cool when I'm a warm, I'm not talking a garish pink or anything like that. Had my neck not been so yellow you wouldn't have known the difference. I really love the coverage and how this photographs but wish they'd expand their color selection. All in all, I'd say combination to dry skin tones will like this foundation. I think really oily gals might feel like it's too heavy. I have combo/sensitive/acne prone skin. I didn't experience any breakouts from this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2007 3:51:00 PM More reviews by ranianed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think this is one of the best foundations I have ever tried BUT i used it quickly! 1/2 pump is all you need but the bottle is rather small -- its gone already!
Great medium coverage, great feel, great staying power. Might be more economical to work on mastering your Sensual Skin Enhancer application but here's the thing . . . sometimes i like to apply makeup on the fly and cant take the time one needs for SSE, you know? Fabulous product though -- will break down and buy again asap.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2007 6:21:00 PM More reviews by pl37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very oily, acne-prone skin, with some tiny whiteheads on the cheeks and aroung the chin, blackheads on the nose, and occasional cystic acne. I am extremely pale (with warm undertones) and was excited about this foundation because I found a good color match (LQ 02). However, I soon got disappointed--within a few hours of applying this foundation, I developed two cystic pimples in an area where I usually don't break out. I quickly washed it off and the pimples went away over night (phew!). I found the coverage to be OK (buildable), but the finish left much to be desired. Overall, a huge disappointment:(