August 21, 2014 | 1321 users online

Eye Shadow - Chanel - Soft Touch Eyeshadow - Ombre Essentielle - Ivory

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2006 8:52:00 AM More reviews by anamarta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have to say this is one of the best eyeshadows I ever used. Itís a super fine powder, so easy to apply and blend and it lasts on my lids without creasing. Ivory is a wonderful highlighting shade. Itís not too white and no yellow undertones. It has a lovely shine to it, without being glittery. Colourwise it would be similar to BB Bone eyeshadow, but this one is so much better. I use it to highlight in the brow bone, all over if I donít have the time to do more makeup and it really pops my green eyes and I also use it to subdue other colours. For instance, I love my NARS Surabaya duo but sometimes my hand is a bit too heavy and it looks too dark. Instead of taking it all off and starting from scratch again I just dust Ivory on top of it and it subdues the colour without altering the shades. This would be my HG all-use eyeshadow shade if only it wasnít so expensive. It retails for £14.5 in the UK (2 g), comes in the typical black mirrored Chanel compact, but it costs more £5 and has less 0.6 g than the Stila refill (I put everything in palettes so I donít really care about the compact). I would only repurchase it if I was feeling rich, or if in the meantime I canít find an exact match in Stila. I do love this eyeshadow, if only it was a bit cheaper I would buy the other colours as well.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No