October 24, 2014 | 1134 users online

Bronzers - Everyday Minerals - Soft Bronzer

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2010 1:10:00 PM More reviews by kitkat73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This the only matte bronzer I have used that is suitable for my very fair skin. I'm NW 15, Cool Fair from EDM is too dark in winter. I was all over EDM a couple of years ago, and have lots of stuff lying around, but this (sometimes mixed with Natural lucent face color to add glow) is pretty much the only product I still use. Bronzers in general just don't work for me - too dark, too brown, too orange, just not flattering. This is a very neutral shade, and light enough that it's not going to do much for you unless you're fair/light. But for those of us who never thought we could even use bronzer - this is a find. It also works well as a contouring powder. I still use it pretty sparingly though, so my jar will probably last for years. Really the only downside to this is that it is a loose powder. I'm a bit over loose mineral makeup in general, and would love if this came out in a pressed version.

The reason I'm giving this a 4 is because the packaging seems "cheaper" than it was. The jars on many of my newest products from EM don't close properly and just seem less sturdy. Also, the company closed down the forum, changed the website making it harder to navigate and increased shipping prices. It's still a brilliant product, though, and I will order again if I ever run out.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2010 12:51:00 PM More reviews by KourtneyBrooke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

MY HG BRONZER! I'm super super pale i.e. could never find a foundation light enough for me.. Edward Cullen pale. But THIS warms up my skin just enough to bring me back to the world of the living ;) No orange to it. Purely a pale brown. Perfect. I keep going back to this. Best texture too. Plus, minerals are so good for your skin. My only problem with the packaging is that the little sifter(sp?) cover always gets stuck on mine so I can close it and a lot is always coming out. I can't control how much I put in the 'top' anymore. if that makes sense... you'll see.. but it's not a big deal.. def. not a dealbreaker.

EDIT: No longer using everyday minerals. they added some ingredients that aren't minerals and my skin broke out. I will have all of them up for swap ASAP. Just not for me anymore :(

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2010 12:44:00 PM More reviews by corgi75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hooray, a bronzer that PPPs can wear without looking ridiculous, orange, dirty, bronze or glitttery.

I'm a neutral toned NW/C20, strawberry ashy blonde, brown eyes with some redness and uneven skintone. I'm pushing 35 with expanding pores and the beginnings of fine lines. I hate bronzer on fair skin, and wanted one just to look a bit healthier, like I have a natural flush with a bit of a gleam. I need a bronzer which is a neutral natural colour which is light enough to blend in naturally, yet dark enough to actually be worth using.

This is the only bronzer i've ever bought that just gives me a proper natural glow without making me look unnatural, doesn't highlight pores or lines, and actually offsets my redness. I've tried Smashbox, NARS, Estee Lauder and MAC in my search for the perfect bronzer and all have paled in comparison to this one.

I also use this as a contour and on lazy days a neutral eyeshadow. Its a perfect no-fail versatile product.

Gave it a 4 due to its crappy packaging and clunky website...and the fact that Postage costs to Australia are absurd. Still, I have no choice because there's nothing else like it on the market.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2010 4:33:00 PM More reviews by cindylee60

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm a fair yellow-toned gray-eyed redhead. Since I don't tan, I like to use bronzers but they all make my face look dirty if I'm not very careful. Soft Bronzer by Every Day Minerals solved that completely!

It goes on my skin with a subtle, beautiful flush of color. Very subtle, and as others has said, would be useless on medium or darker skin tones. It's weightless and looks completely natural. I love it!

Soft Bronzer all over my face and Sand Cherry blush is all I wear for makeup now...and a little Chapstick :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2009 6:36:00 AM More reviews by aly64

I love this color. I don't wear make up all the time. So when I do people sometimes notice and it's not always the reaction that I want. My nose and cheeks are naturally darker because of freckles. When I brush some of this over those areas then it gives me a more natural glow. Even though my foundation matches the color of my neck and jaw, without a little bit of color on my nose and cheeks I tend to look a little unnaturally pale. This color is very light. It's actually just a tad bit darker than my natural winter skin color. (I wear Fairly Light Neutral) I also like to wear a little bit of blush on my cheeks over this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2009 7:48:00 PM More reviews by bubbleheart

I like this more than I expected to. Its a very very light tan colored bronzer - no shimmer or sheen at all as far as I can see. I thought that it might just be too light for me to use as a bronzer but if I brush it on a couple times it does show up and looks incredibly natural. Sometimes I do need to add a little bit of something else as blush because its not quite enough alone on my cheeks. Im not the fairest of fair but still relatively light skinned, and Im guessing that if you are olive or anything upwards from there this would be a useless product really but I could definitely see myself buying another of these in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2009 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have a problem with bronzers because I am so fair that any kind of bronzer looks like I haven't washed off my last mud pack completely.
Big fan of EDM and their Soft bronzer is no exception.
I was attracted by the name and thought I would give this a go, very pleased I did.
I use this bronzer for contouring my temples, along my jawline and under my chin for shadow.
The colour is very subtle and adds just the right amount of shadow for me and looks very very natural.
This colour works very well for fairer skin types and I would recommend it to others like me who find other bronzers just TOO MUCH!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2009 11:43:00 PM More reviews by blushingpale

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

An amazing bronzer for fair or very fair skin with warm or neutral undertones. I uploaded the photo from EM's website because I felt it was a better representation of this golden-beige color than the photo already there (or perhaps a "different" representation in brighter light).

I love this bronzer! It gives a lovely golden glow to my very fair neutral-toned skin (Sandy fair in EM, Mac NC/NW 10-15). It probably wouldn't work well for very cool skin tones or for anyone darker than "fair," though. If you have fair cool skin, E-mail Me might work as a bronzer for you as it has some pink (for me it's sort of like a cross between a blush and bronzer), or Daydream as it's less yellow. If you have fair-medium to medium cool or neutral skin, try Swimming Pool as a bronzer. I've heard the Everyday Bronzer works best for warm-toned skin that is medium or darker, but I haven't tried that one myself as I think it would be too orange on me. Just suggestions. Enjoy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 10:52:00 PM More reviews by nattyred

This is one of the best bronzer/contour I have ever used. I have the fairest skin and this is such a soft and natural looking color, it looks like its really my own skin. I use this as contour to define my cheek bones. This is a very light shade for very light skinned people. I would not see how this would even show up on med to dark skin tones. You can definitely see this product against my skin, but it is very subtle and natural (which I like). I suppose you could really pack this product on if you want it darker and more bronzy, but I just like it with one layer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Mipmip

I use this blush as a light contour/bronzer. It looks so fresh, just like the first little glowy tan you get when spring comes! No glitter and hard to fail with, I'm golden/olive fair/light. When summer comes and I turn into a medium I will test something darker than soft bronzer though.. or maybe use it as a highlighter? Great stuff!