December 22, 2014 | 1446 users online

Cleansers - Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Missylou80

I LOVE COCONUT OIL!!!!!!!!!!! It leaves my skin and hair so soft! I use coconut oil to take off my makeup and it leaves my skin soft and supple. I also use it as a night time eye cream and I kid you not, no more dark circles! I use a coconut oil hair mask about once a month and my hair is soft and healthy for a whole month! It is worth the not-so-expensive investment! I also use it for baking and my morning coffee (try it!)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by minusthegirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

As a mixed girl with insane curls, I thought my hair would LOVE coconut oil. Oh no. Instead of making my hair less frizzy or easier to handle, it just.....makes my hair look greasy and disgusting. I have fine hair, so maybe this was the issue. I can't even use this in my deep treatments-my hair will be so greasy and stringy and disgusting for days afterwards that it's not worth it.

On my skin? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Oh, what a nightmare. I have combination skin and decided to use this to cleanse, mixed with a little bit of honey. I woke up in the morning with the most blotchy, reddened, evil looking face.....I think this triggered my rosacea that I suffered from back in high school. I thought it would be a nice treat for my dry areas, and I only used it sparingly on my t-zone. Regardless, i had such badly clogged pores and my skin broke out so horribly that it took me almost a month to recover from the experience. Even my boyfriend was concerned because my cheeks were so red and raw looking. I've never had a breakout that bad before.

Coconut oil and I stay away from each other now. Btw, the brand I used was the Trader Joe's brand that comes in a glass bottle.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by littlesparrows

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

*EDIT: I added a review for this product under Extra Virgin coconut oil under "lotions/creams" as well as this one, because I had used it mainly for skin moisturizing. It details the problems I had with this oil which caused some very bad bumps on the legs and arms, similar to the cystic acne problems people have experienced on their facial skin. This oil really did a number on my skin.*

As much as I love the scent of coconut, I just cannot use coconut oil for skin or hair. So many people have great results, but it just is not going to work for me.

I have very dry skin and dry, naturally curly hair that tends to frizz, so I thought coconut oil would be so good for both. I will say that initially, when applied on the skin on the face and body, it feels so moisturizing and smooth and the same goes for hair and scalp- my skin and hair just soak it up. And then it all goes wrong. I wash the oil out of my hair and use a good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner and even doing this, I am left with a frizzy dry mess of hair. I wake up in the morning after putting oil on my skin at night and it is all dried out and dull. It is worse on the face- dry, clogged pores, dull, just awful. So much for coconut oil as a beauty product. But for cooking it is amazing- great to saute shrimp or any seafood and use it in homemade chocolate chip cookies, just substitute half the butter the recipe calls for with coconut oil- delicious!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by billa2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

love coconut oil! I've been using it on my hair for as long as I can remember but only recently tried using it on my face. I can't use this everyday otherwise my pores become clogged but it works great every once in a while (couple times a month) as an overnight hydrating mask. My skin always looks amazing the morning after I've used this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by amoore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am such a fan of coconut oil. I use it as a daily body moisturiser, hair treatment and for removing makeup. My boyfriend has started using it instead of shaving cream as he kept getting a shaving rash - he's loving it. The best thing about coconut oil is that's it's all natural - no chemicals or preservatives. I will always use coconut oil!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2014 5:03:00 AM More reviews by lalama13

I have used coconut oil everyday.
- oil pulling in the morning and evening, after brushing my teeth.
- OCM for face every morning and evening.
- facial massage in the evening, while taking a bath
- hair, once for a while.
- eating it by itself or in tea or food
- cooking

it is amazing, and good price when i can find them in holland and barret half price, or in costco for a huge bottle.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2014 5:07:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Coconut oil for the face? No way! Too pore-clogging for my liking. But it's ideal for the hair and can be used in place of a serum, for dry hair ends or to tame flyaways. I use it for my hair ends once or twice a week when I'm due a hair cut - the smallest amount possible, warmed between the palms. As I have fine, bra strap length hair I have to be careful not to overload my hair and pure coconut oil is one of the few oils that my hair can tolerate as a leave-in. I can't tell you how great it is for people who 'can't do' oil - it's HG material for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 2:47:00 AM More reviews by ResistanceIsFutile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This oil has changed my life (or at least my hair)! Really. I use a bit on the ends only after shampooing and conditioning. It helps detangle and fight frizz. My rough blow dry looks smoother and my hair is silky and stays shiny after flat ironing. A little worked through the ends of 2nd day hair that's pulled into a ponytail looks groomed and healthy rather than flyaway. Maybe my hair has just been really dry my whole life and just needed some oil. I thought I'd hate it or it would break out my problematic skin, but I love it. I rub the extra oil on my hands after doing my hair and my skin feels soft.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by cherryme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As this review is for the coconut oil as a cleanser I will tell you my experience with it (I also have reviews for other uses)- we don't have any relationship, not even as a cleanser. Which I tried once and it was enough because it is horrible. Gave me cysts, pimples and clogged pores.
From time to time I like to massage my eye area with an oil (and then wipe it off) and when I tried with coconut oil it irritated my skin as in small red dots and patches under my eyes. Also left a ''veil '' on my eyes. It is also very greasy and needed a lot of facial wash to clean it off. Yuck.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by timtamz07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ah, what would I do without this? It's great for pretty much anything in my beauty regime. It can be a body lotion, hair mask, eye/face-makeup remover and even a face moisturizer for those with dry skin. Personally I use as a hair mask when I run out of my Organix Moroccan Oil renewing Treatment. It does the job just as well. I use it mostly though as an eye-makeup remover. I think it's really gentle. I first gently wash my eyelids and eyelash with warm water to get rid of the stiff mascara sitting on it then I get a cotton ball put some coconut oil on my eyelids and gently rub off the smudged excess. It's so gentle and doesn't leave my eyes watery. It moisturizes my eyelids and under eyes before I go to bed.