September 23, 2014 | 1086 users online

Concealers - MAC - Select Cover-Up

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by CountessOfPerth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

This concealer is nice and fluid, and NW15 is actually, surprisingly, a perfect match for my super-fair skin. This isn't full coverage or thick enough for blemishes, but for under eye and scars, it works well. Easy to blend with brushes or fingers. The only reason why I wouldn't repurchase is because there's a drugstore concealer I found that works just as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My sister gave this to me because she didn't like the coverage it gave her for her face. I, however, find this amazing for under the eyes.

The packaging is really nice. It comes in a squeeze tube. I only need a small amount, about the size of a grain of rice, to cover my under eyes. I use the shade NW15.

This gives sheer coverage, but I find it to be buildable. First, I cover my entire under eye area and blend out using the Sigma P86 brush. Then I put a sheer layer just over my dark circles. I find that it covers them when I layer the product.

It has a very sticky consistency once blended out. I do find that it dries down, but I do feel the need to set this with powder. But even when I don't set it, it doesn't move around. I never find this to cake up, settle into lines, or break up throughout the day. It leaves a "natural" finish. It leaves me luminosity under my eyes, just where I want it to.

I also like to use this product around my mouth to clean up lip lines. Since it isn't thick, it doesn't look cakey around my lips.

I'm glad that my sister gave this to me. I really like it, but I don't think that I would have bought otherwise.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by NICOLESINGH1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use nc45 foundation but i have really dark acne scars and most of the time they still peak through the foundation. I was told to use concelar in nw40 on the spots after foundation. Its pretty good. Helps me stop caking on foundation over the spots. I like this concelar bcz it coverage is really good and does nt cake up. Also i use it around my mouth. Sometime wen i dnt feel lyk usin foundation i jus put the concelar on my spots and use a lil bit of powder. Flawless! Pretty good under the eyes too. =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This concealer is great. I have NW15 (light warm based). I use it for brightening and highlighting. It has no light relfecting particles so its nice and natural. I am super pale so right now I even conceal redness and spots with it in the NC15 shade (light cool based). It's creamy, light and dries well under the eyes and on the skin. I must say though, if you have super dry skin and a dry eye area that you should always properly prep your skin. A good canvas is important to this concealer. I personally don't find it creasy, cakey or drying. It blends in seamlessly. It's natural looking but you can certainly build it up.

I'm not sure what I'd comapre this to. Possibly Pro Longwear without the intense staying power. The texture is the same but the Prolong wear sets where as the Select Cover Up requires setting. If you need it. I find on me it dries great. I think what sets this apart from other conealers in my opinion is the fact it applies and blends better than anything I have tried. It just melts in my skin. I don't have problems with it fading. I probably would mix this with prolong wear in the summer to give it more staying power. I always apply my under eye concealer on moisturized clean skin first, and the proceed with foundation and then spot conceal what I need.

I find the packaging to be great. It's a squeeze tube so you won't be wasting your money. ($22CAD) You get 10mls. Truthfully that's nothing for a liquid texture product but on the plus side you don't need a ton.

I haven't had reactions or breakouts. I will repurchase this. I think it's definetly worth it to give it a go. I don't recommend online purchasing for MAC foundation or concealer. It is important to go in to the store unless you know exactly what you need. The NC line is super yellow in some products and the warms sometimes to dark.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Jimduhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the shade NW25.

Packaging:
I like that this is in a squeeze tube because it's more hygienic than their other concealer.

Price:
This is definitely pricier than your average concealer, but obviously not as high as some other high end concealers get.

Texture:
Creamy but very light.

Smell:
None

Pros:
-Very light– can definitely be built up or used for light concealing
-With that being said, it can even be used under the eyes
-A little goes a long way!

Cons:
-Pricey
-Not that great of staying power

Comments/impressions:
Like I said, this is good for light concealing. It's also better if you're looking to use it for a quick event. I definitely wouldn't recumbent it for an all-day thing. I personally used it for my under eyes but like every other product in the world that I tried, it ended up creasing! I'm not mad about it though lol. I kind of expect it out of anything that comes near my eyes. Anyways, you can also use this to spot conceal but I think that the other MAC Concealers are better for that. I would recommend this product if you want to use it for your undereyes or for very slight blemishes you want to hide.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by ksidrah

Packaging is ok. Can't complain about the price because it was a gift. But the concealer? Total crap. I absolutely hate it. The person who have it to me have it in the right shade I guess (since concealer is usually supposed to be brighter than your skintione) when I used it and tried blending it, it wouldn't blend and definitely did not look natural. So I don't even bother using it unless I have a terrible blemish and no hope at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2014 3:03:00 AM More reviews by immiaaxo

Expensive, covers okay you have to layer on to really get it to work. Kind of cakey sometimes and dosn't last, the fit me concealer is a lot better. Maybe rep.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Cecily8

I used to use this when i was in university and i've used it for about ten yrs? I always thought it was good but also thought there would be better out there. Finally, i switched to MAC prolongwear concealer three yrs ago and thought i liked it more. However, recently, i started hating MAC prolongwear. i have to mix two colours and it's still not the best. i also noticed it looked horrible in pictures. i started looking back at my old pictures and realized my undereye circles looked so much more covered and natural when i used select cover up. I decided to buy Select cover up again and i can say that i like this one a lot more than prolongwear. NC30 in select cover up is not as dark and orange as prolongwear therefore i dont need to buy two shades. I do think select cover up can look a bit cakey but it doesn't sink into my fine lines. I find the coverage to be the same as prolongwear. So based solely on the fact that i do not need to buy two colours, i think i will stick to select cover up. Also, i like that its in a squeeze tube because i hate the packaging of prolongwear. i also like that it lasts all day on me as well. prolongwear is probably better if i was swimming or out in really hot weather. but overall, i like select cover up better.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by DoWhatUWant

I spend an eternity looking for good concealers and have spent a fortune on them, but this one is surprisingly good. I'd heard a lot of hype around MAC concealers and decided to ask for one for Christmas. The shade variety is really good, I have the very lightest shade and it does give a very good coverage but is really only good for spots and uneven areas, not for under the eyes. However it doesn't cover the darkest marks or spots, and throughout the day the coverage weakens. The price is definitely worth it though, although my ideal price for concealers is around £5, and this is around £15 in the UK, I can tell it will last ages because you only need a tiny amount for a large area, which is really good. Packaging is great, makes is very easy to apply. Good product although would definitely like to try some other MAC concealers to compare!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by SFifi

OK. so I was matched to the wrong shade. no rather i was matched to the right shade but billed and then given the wrong one. silly me didnt realise until after i opened and tried using a little bit. Now I can't return it so I'm stuck with it. This happened like a year and a half ago.ever since, I've been trying to find some use for this.It sort of matches my face, but i don't have any skin issues besides under eye circles so i never could use it.
Now let's assume it was the right shade. I have a huge problem with the consistency. It's way too thick for under the eye, and even on the face it just looks...well..like you have concealer on.It's beautiful when mixed with lotion and used as a tinted moisturiser, but then that's not why one would buy this.
The studio finish concealer which I now use and love is creamier and thicker but somehow blends in just fine and looks way better. I gave this one star because it wouldn't let me write a review but for the price, I'd say minus points!