August 2, 2014 | 1637 users online

Lip Gloss - Philosophy - Vanilla Birthday Cake Flavored Lip Shine

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by Redmosaic

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Going on a 3rd tube of this, having also tried Sugar Cookie and the holiday Angel,all delicious and yummy baked goods scent, but VBC is my favorite as it is the thickest, stickiest, and strongest scented gloss. I love using it at night, after washing and moisturizing my face and lips, then sealing in the moisture on my lips. The cozy scent helps me dream. And I wake up usually, with pretty ,shiny lippies!
Also used when ever I want a moist shine. I like the heavy tacky feel, then I know its hugging my mouth.
Great price, and one tube lasts forever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one good smelling gloss. It really does have that Vanilla Cake batter smell and has a sweet taste. The consistency is thick but not bad. You don't need much as it is very glossy. It kept my lips moisturized all day while outside in the cold. It put a nice protective layer on that guarded against wind burn. Couldn't ask for a more dive smelling gloss for us Foodie smell lovers. I use this over a lip tint as it really has no color, just some glossy sparkles.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2010 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very glossy gloss! I know that sounds kind of stupid, but honestly, it is one of the smoothest, shiniest lip glosses I've ever used. The gloss itself is a bit more fluid that most other tube glosses, so it is a little more gloopy in texture but not in a bad way. It's pretty sheer but with cute little gold glimmery bits, coats very evenly and smoothly and layers well. It is a tiny bit tacky but not really sticky (unless you put on a tonne of it on I guess) but it is not the longest lasting gloss ever. It does however, smell delicious! I have this in Raspberry Mousse as well, and both flavours smell good enough to eat... Yum!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Zevie

I bought this mostly for the taste/scent. It smells and tastes exactly like it sounds. Very good, especially if you love foody products. As for the color, it's mostly clear with a little gold shimmer. Easy to wear and I think it'd suit everyone. It's very moisturizing and stays on my lips a long time. It is sticky but not overly so. The packaging is cute and doesn't leak. I'd buy again and recommend to a friend!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2010 8:36:00 PM More reviews by demmie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

The smell is downright divine. The color is okay, not sure if it really compliments my skintone or not, even though it's pretty sheer. But this lip gloss is a bit too gloopy for my taste, and it just doesn't last.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Makeuploverlynie

Overall, i do love this lip shine by philosophy. The scent is delightful, it smells like (the always too sweet to eat) frosting that is usually found on top of our birthday cakes. everytime i have one of those cakes, the smell of the frosting makes me want to stick my finger in the cake and lick off some frosting. but everytime i do, i realize that its waaaaaay too sweet to actually eat. This lip shine allows me to enjoy the frosting without cringing from the aftershock of sweetness. i love this lip shine and i buy them in bulk and i have them stocked up. i give this to my friends on their birthdays along with a card. Perfect present and not too costly. oh, and like all the other philosophy lip shines, this lip shine gives a beautiful sheen to my lips, its not sticky, and its very moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by ZebraPrints

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this lip gloss. The scent just makes you wanna get up and make a vanilla cake! Lol. The only bad thing about this lip gloss is when you purchase, its not 100% full, there's only like 80% of the product in the tube, but deff. one of the best smelling glosses around!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by xxanaisxx

I adore this lip gloss - yes it is sticky, and when you wear your hair out it will undoubtedly get stuck to it - but it smells (and tastes!) gorgeous and wears really well; it's actually the best wearing lip gloss I've ever owned. On lips, it is slightly tinted and super shiny, with a tiny hint of sparkle, and the slanted applicator end makes it so easy to put on (you only need to use a tiny amount). It is expensive, and I haven't been able to find it on special anywhere, but the tube does seem to be lasting a long time, so is good value for money. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 5:17:00 AM More reviews by PinkSyringes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the smell of this lipgloss, it's very sweet smelling like vanilla cupcakes. It goes on smooth as long as I put something on before it, like chapstick. If my lips are dry it can be even more tacky then it already is. There is no color but, it is high shine, and it last awhile as long as I am not eating, drinking or kissing. Ha! Overall, I like the scent, love the packaging, and the shimmer it adds. Great for an everyday simple lipgloss. It's definitely not a staple in my makeup bag. Great as a gift though!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2009 9:35:00 AM More reviews by FoXyKiTten01

I bought this on a whim when I was returning something at Sephora. Lately Philosophy products have been such a let down. I feel like their stuff is over priced and fake smelling. With that said, this is a "hit or miss" smell for me. Sometimes it smells like gross melting plastic vanilla cake (when i first apply), sometimes it smells delish (a little after i apply). Anyhow, I like it well enough as it is moisturizing and feels thick but not sticky on my lips. In the tube it's a golden, sparkly color, but on my lips its shiny/clear. I would buy again if i had money to spare, but aside from that I think it's overpriced scented gloss. continued >>