October 23, 2014 | 933 users online

Fragrances - Lancaster - Lovely Liquid Satin by Sarah Jessica Parker

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2007 11:15:00 AM More reviews by sunmonkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A warm, soft musky floral which I think is a lot lovelier than the original EDT. Since The Body Shop reformulated their signature White Musk perfume oil in the mid to late 80's and made it smell bleeeuuuurghh I've been searching for something which that same gorgeous scent as the original and this is the closest I've found so far. I absolutely love it. The only drawback for me is that it has limited staying power on my skin. Now if they could just make it last a longer it would be truly perfect. My boyfriend loves this on me too and he is extremely fussy where fragrances are concerned.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2006 2:49:00 PM More reviews by kareygirl

I purchased this version of the LOVELY scent from a fragrance outlet with the idea that it was a whole new scent by SJP. The box was different and the sales clerk was not very well informed and since there was no tester, I honestly had no idea what I was getting. Let me just say that I was a bit upset after reading the packaging a bit more closely and learning that it was just the same LOVELY in a different formula. Since I own the EDP of LOVELY and like it about as well as any of my other fav. fragrances I thought...Great! I will never use this large size up along with the EDP. I believe I will use this formula more than the EDP because it seems to work better with my body chemistry. While my husband is not one to comment about any fragrance/makeup I wear, he asked me if I got a new perfume. That is as close to a compliment as I will ever get from him and I am anxious to see if others actually come right out and say "You smell great" or "What are you wearing?" I doubt that I will repurchase this as I have a tendency to tire of something before the bottle is used up but I think this will be one scent that reaches as close to empty as I ever get. FYI...I think this would be a great scent to spray after a shower in the evening because the scent is still there in the morning and it was a pleasure to sniff throughout the night. This is not to be sprayed directly on clothing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2006 8:30:00 AM More reviews by Goldmoon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Lovely, lovely, lovely, and that from a girl who doesn't particularly rate the perfume. Some quality of this formulation has really brought out the scent that perhaps, as another MUAer said, was what SJP wanted to create all along. Leave the bottle in the bathroom to spray all over before you dress, and the great "skin quality" of it comes through. I have young children (like SJP) and they just adore this and think it smells like me. I can see the connection between this and Narciso Rodriguez For Her, and here's a tip that works for me - lavishly use the liquid satin Lovely for day, and when you want to make it a little more glamorous for night (or anytime!!) spray NR EdP on pulse points. Warm floral musk heaven on me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2006 8:33:00 PM More reviews by BasiaS

This is the only celebrity fragrance I ever cared for, and I enjoy it in the satin spray version, too. It's a bit gentler and warmer than the EDT, yes, but it still retains that musky sharpness that I enjoy (some say it smells a bit like nail polish remover, and they're not wrong). One complaint: this works much better as a roll-on, not spray, since a huge amount of the liquid is expelled with each spray. And this is coming from a girl who generally hates roll-ons!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2006 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Carys

I didn't care for the original Lovely EDP because it smelled cold and flat. Lovely Liquid Satin, however, must be closer to what SJP had in mind, because it is much more deserving of its name than the EDP. I definitely can smell the layering of scents in this version of Lovely. When I heard that Lovely was going to be released in an alcohol-free form that promised to dry to nice finish on the skin, I was curious, so I tried it at my local Macy's and was surprised to by its warmth. Liquid Satin came alive on my skin in a way that the original didn't. Unlike the original, Liquid Satin worked with my chemistry, and it was warm and made me want to keep sniffing my wrist. I bought the spray bottle version, which is a beautiful frosted pink bottle, but I'm wishing I bought the roll-on version instead. Liquid Satin is a silicone-based serum, so one spray is enough to for both my wrists and quick dabs behind my ears. Given the serum consistency, however, I wish I bought the roller-ball tube instead of the spray bottle. Btw, it really does settle into a nice, dry finish. This is a nice scent for colder weather, given its musky and woody qualities. I can't see wearing this during summer, but I must say that this is the fragrance I'm reaching for lately whenever it's chilly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2006 7:46:00 PM More reviews by moonstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is everything the original version should have been. This alcohol free version captures all of the warmth and none of the cloying old-ladyish notes of the original. A light, warm scent that wears extremely close to the skin. Truly 'lovely'.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2006 1:29:00 AM More reviews by Bigcolour

This is the first time I gave in for a full-sized bottle. (Well, there are only the $39 4.4 ml rollerball pen and the $89 100ml bottle to choose from.) I remember I didn't like the original Lovely, but I fell in love with this one right away. It is much softer and closer to the skin. The beautiful drydown settles in rather quickly and stays for a couple of hours. (If I spray it before sleep I can still smell it the next morning when I wake up.) The rosewood note is the most prominent on me, and that's why I love this fragrance so much as I'm more drawn to woody than floral scent.
The only thing that I don't like so far is the price tag. However, by the time I finish this bottle, the price might have gone down a bit. I will probably be able to find some good deals online... I'm expecting this scent to grow on me, so for now I'm gonna say yes to repurchase.
UPDATE: I'm lovin' it! I'm adding one more lippy cuz I feel feminine and oh-so-chic everytime I wear it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2006 7:30:00 PM More reviews by ayala

The first thing that strikes me about Lovely is the unusual use of lavender and patchouli in such a light hearted context. This was no tutti-frutti fragrance as you may expect judging by the hundreds of perfumes (even more so with celebrity and drugstore fragrances) released recently. It had an original, elegantly rough edge to it. Lovely is modern chic, sharp like clean-cut like a tailored suit, yet flowing like a satin gown. Despite the fact that it does have florals, it is not floral in the traditional sense of the word. You don’t think of flowers when you wear lovely. If anything at all, you think of textures and fabrics such as crepe and linen and dull, brushed silk.

Lovely Liquid Satin is essentially the same fragrance, only based in an alcohol-free, silicone-based medium. This formulation allows for a softer presence without the alcohol that usually interferes with the top notes, and also the bottle is truly lovely – a frosted, light pink hued bottle, or a golden “perfume wand” – a roll on of 30ml that fits into any purse or pocket. I am a big believer in small packaging for perfumes, so I was sold quickly on this one.

The opening of both formulations is a heady and clean, crisp mélange of rosewood, lavender and apple martini. The apple martini note is brilliant. It really adds an unusually vivid, effervescent quality to the opening and thankfully lacks the mustiness that some other apple scents uphold. It’s elegantly boozy – like slowly sipping a delicious cocktail without ever getting drunk.

The Liquid Satin has a slightly different opening, in which I can detect top notes of lemongrass (which I do not smell in the alcohol based fragrance), which is sharp and grassy, but thankfully fades out rather quickly. The patchouli note is also more pronounced at the opening. I have a feeling that this silicone based version is more true to the original concoction by Ms. Parker. It just has that authentic impression of a perfume enthusiast blending scents together that will bear her own character.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2006 4:12:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

Same feel as the original, but softer, in such a pretty way. Out of all the celebrity scents out there, this is possibly the only one I care for. Raves.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2006 1:51:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a new idea in fragrance, I guess for those that detest alcohol in perfume. It's alcohol free and silicone based perfume. Still comes in a spray or rollerball, and has the same notes as the original lovely. Only it drys to a satin finish on skin and the bottle is a little different. I think it's nice to try and maybe give to someone you know who doesn't want alcohol in their perfume. I think the scent comes out "faster" this way than the original. The concept reminds me of little girls perfume, you know the kind that doesn't sting. That's a great idea!