Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy PLUS Intensive Repair Lotion

3.5

Water; Mineral Oil; PEG-7 Hydrogenated Castor Oil; Isohexadecane; Sodium Lactate; Urea; Glycerin; Isopropyl Palmitate; Panthenol; Microcrystalline Wax; Magnesium Sulfate; Lanolin Alcohol; Bisabolol; Methylchloroisothiazolinone; Methylisothiazolinone

on 1/20/2014 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

By far my favorite lotion. This is the only lotion I have ever liked. Yes, it is thick, it takes a few seconds longer to rub in, but it is worth the extra time. I read the other reviews, people say it is sticky, but not if you rub it all the way in. It has a slight sheen to it, perfect for nice glossy legs in the summer! I pour mine into a little glass jar (baby food jar lol) because my pump always leaks a little, that is my only gripe, but who cares? It is a little pricey, and worth every penny!

on 5/15/2013 5:46:00 AM

HQ!
Thank you sooo much Eucerin (OK, just being hyper - their other lotions take forever to dry and I didn't like it)
This lotion is a MUST have for extremely dry (I shed like a freakin' snake!) skin such as mine. Not to be gross, but I have snowflake skin. Sooo dry that if I scratch it, flakes just falls like it's snowing on a snow day (gross, I know.)
No matter how many lotions I've tried, it doesn't work (as well). I have to reapply within 6 hours or else I will see dry patches again. I have this in a 16.9 fl oz - BIG! WITH A PUMP!!
It has no scent - it does keep my skin nice and smooth for up to a day and more (and that's me - the snake/snowflake shedding girl). Most of the Eucerin lotions are similar in effectiveness but they take FOREVER. FOREVER. to absorb in your skin, you end up wiping it off on something else before it dries -____-.
I understand some complains that it's too sticky/greasy etc etc. BUT for people with chronically dry skin like moi, this is a MUST HAVE. I don't care if its sticky (definitely tolerable). If your skin isn't dry like the a desert then it's probably not for you.
For me Eucerin spells: Extreme help for really really really super dry skin that really really really need "alpha hydroxy formula to moisturizes all day and noticeably smooths skin."
P.S. I use this everywhere (esp. my legs)! Even my face - I am combination (oily T zone; dry everywhere else) and this lotion is (surprising) good for my face as well. Not too greasy - but effective enough.
Kudos to you Eucerin - don't ever discontinue this!
P.P.S. I also have KP (very bad case and very stubborn to get rid of): This lotion doesn't get rid of it fully but it does help to reduce it immediately. I see that my KP has lessen on the arms but my thighs are still quite plauged. I was rec. by my doctor to use the brand Eucerin and I thank her for it! I will keep using it and keep you gals posted!

on 4/10/2013 6:01:00 PM

I live in a cold, northern state. Winters are harsh and my skin gets very dry and uncontrollably itchy if I skip even a day of moisturizing. The good news is that this product works; the bad news is the way it goes on your skin. I've never understood what people meant by "sticky" or "tacky" lotions until now. This does not sink in quickly; your skin looks shiny and feels temporarily greasy. I will continue to use the giant pump bottle I bought (it's beneficial for my skin and is truly fragrance-free), but when it's out, I will probably not repurchase. Vaseline Intensive Care also works well but feels much better when applying. Eucerin makes some great products, but this just isn't for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Chicago winters are brutal-it's extremely windy and harsh, and as a result, my skin starts feeling very dry, tight, and uncomfortable to the point where it was starting to become painful. My regular lotion really wasn't working. As soon as I put it on, it felt like my skin didn't have anything on it. And it was very dull and ashy-looking. I bought Eucerin from Target. It's pretty expensive, more than ten dollars, but it works so well. It smoothed out the dry patches and really hydrated my skin. The bottle has lasted me a few months, and I still have a lot more.

on 2/11/2012 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

No wayyy will I buy this again. Smells and looks like glue. Doesn't absorb. Sad I wasted my money on it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm unsure if i will buy it again.. The AHA's help with dry flaky skin, but the texture is like glue! I feel like I'm rubbing Elmer's glue on my skin, and it even smells like glue. It will soften skin, so I suppose it does the job. I only use this at night because your clothes will stick to your skin. I have it because I need to use it up, but there are probably other lotions with AHA's that are not so sticky. Update: So after my review I read a review below where someone said their legs broke out in a rash, and I have the same issue right now. I thought it was a soap I used or some other product causing it. I'm thankful to be able to pinpoint the cause! It's going in the trash.

on 12/5/2011 11:34:00 AM

This is a GREAT product. I never write reviews for anything but this is truly wonderful. Background: I have combination acne prone skin. I have never had actual acne but rather "cystic" pimples here and there if that makes any sense. I am in my early 20s.
This would be too oily to use on its own. So I "water" it down by spraying witch hazel all over my face first and then apply a very small amount onto my face and rub it in. Sometimes I add a bit of benzoyl peroxide gel/creme to the mixture as well. The result is WONDERFUL. In the morning, my skin is silky soft and almost glowing. I have only been using this for a week so I can't say what the long term affects are but it hasn't broken me out yet and hopefully some of my acne scars will fade
Will update!

on 7/30/2011 6:13:00 PM

Pro: It's an great, hardcore, after shower body lotion, probably the best I've ever used (including many lotions, butters, creams, oils like pure coconut, etc.) Once you use it, it'll keep your skin feeling and looking great all day. I love that as I don't like to apply lotion several times per day. Used for a couple of weeks (esp. while exfoliating 2x per week or more) you can SEE a noticeable difference in your skin...better texture, better everything. Another pro: it dries with virtually no scent. Will not interfere with perfume, etc.

Con: It's sticky EWWW ELMER'S GLUE STICKY when you first apply. Don't put in body creases, like where your arms bend, behind knees, etc. (too sticky), but that goes away very quickly (wipe or wash it off your hands). Another con: I do not use this anytime other than right after a shower to lock in that moisture. When applied any other time, it's way, way too sticky.

Just buy the biggest pump bottle you can find and leave it on your bathroom counter, use it after a shower, and you'll be happy if you need hardcore moisture. For me, this is a no no for a mid afternoon lotion or before bed moisturizer or whatever. Sticky, tacky, oily...it's all of those things, but none of them when used after a shower.

continued >>

on 4/19/2011 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this lotion. It's one of two of my favorites (Curel being the other). Very moisturizing, nice texture, no icky smell, no white coating, quick absorbing and no greasy feeling.

EDIT (December 30, 2014): It's okay. I don't find myself hunting for it anymore because it DOES leave a smell. I prefer Vaseline intensive care repair lotion because it's lighter and doesn't have a smell.

on 3/8/2011 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of the best skin repair lotions on the market. Reason being is of the ingredients: alpha hydroxy, glycerin and urea. Like some people I have that chicken like skin or bumpy skin (also known as keratosis pilaris) on the backs of my thighs, booty and back of upper arms and this is the only product that smoothed it all out. To maintain the chicken skin I do this before showering:

1. Before showering I dry exfloliate using a body brush or hard loofah
(usually I only do the bumpy area but once in a while I do my body too.)
2. I use a regular loofah in the shower with any cleanser with salycic acid (I use Neutrogena pink grapefruit currently)
3. After showering, and while the skin is damp not wet or dry I apply Eucerin.

In 2wks I decreased the bumpy skin and a mth later it is almost all gone. Unfortunately this is something that always has to be done since you cannot cure this condition completely. But Eucerin for sure keeps my chicken skin under control!