July 25, 2014 | 1280 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Magnifique Glossimer 83

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2009 12:02:00 AM More reviews by brrrit16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow. Amazing lipgloss. The texture is like the perfect blend of not being sticky but somehow sticky enough to last a very long time. Also, lovely color- like the others said its a medium pink, but almost a unique pink with gold flecks- not a color you see too often. Need to pick up another as soon as possible!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 1:36:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie90

This is a gorgeously wearable bright pink lip gloss. I would call this color "bubblegum pink" with subtle gold sparkle. However, it is not as neon or fuschia as, say, MAC Pink Poodle. The bright color in the tube translates slightly lighter on the lips, but the color still pops and brightens your whole face. I love the texture of Glossimers, they are so smooth, pigmented, and have good lasting power. This shade is not at all frosty like some other Glossimers, but it has some gold sparkle to give it just a hint of warmth. I would classify this as a cool toned color, however this is one of those beautiful colors that would complement any skintone! Pair this with a rosy pink blush, and it gives a very fresh pretty look.

EDIT: This is the BEST lip gloss ever!!! I bought it less than two weeks ago and I used practically half of it already! This is groundbreaking, since I usually use a lip gloss a few times then don't use again...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2009 11:37:00 PM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

beautiful pink shade with gold shimmer. not thick and sticky but still managing to have amazing staying power.
my lips look ten times bigger btw.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2009 5:29:00 PM More reviews by loarc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Click continued for swatches. This was the second Glossimer I purchased. I bought it after seeing it on FOTD by a beautiful MUAer and was not disappointed. I typically go for the more of a nude lip but pink color of this attracted me. Its a perfect pigmented pink color thats not too bubblegummy color. Sexy but also sophisticated. My skin tone ranges from Chanel Soft Bisque 2.5 to Natural 4.5 (I think that MAC NC25 to NC45). Anyways I find this looks better on me when I am tan vs. when I am pale. Like all glossimers, nice pigmentation, moisture, and not very sticky compared to others (MAC). Worth the $.

continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2009 11:32:00 PM More reviews by madddiemom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So many times I'll buy a pink lip gloss and it gives my lips a sheer, frosty color that's barely pink. Magnifique is NOT that gloss. It's got the perfect amount of pigment so when I apply it... it actually looks pink. But not too pink. The perfect amount of pink. To me it's almost a lipstick/lip gloss hybrid. More color than a gloss, but less than a lippy. It is exactly what I wanted. It looks very bright in the tube, but it's the perfect pink on your lips. I love this gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2009 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Jessica0984

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased Magnifique based on the reviews I read here and when I first took it out of the box I was thinking this isn't going to work for me. When I put it on I was completely surprised. It is a beautiful mid toned pink with subtle golden shimmer. It looks awesome on and not as bright as it does in the tube. I think it would look good on almost anyone and if you are ever by a chanel counter I would give this one a try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2009 9:48:00 AM More reviews by LukkiChrm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an absolutely gorgeous color. At first, I was nervous this color would be too cool for me, but It is a bright cool pink color with some gold shimmer in it, so I can see this color on both a warm toned or cool toned person. In fact, I often use this color to warm up colors that wash me out. The color shows up on the first application, but as a very sheer color, but you can keep layering it to get a more opaque look. I agree with the reviewer below, it can look innocent or polished. The texture is classic glossimer formula (hydrating and smooth), and it has no metallic finish to it like some do. The shimmer is noticeable, but it is no obvious nor does it feel gritty. I would definitely repurchase this color.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2008 6:28:00 PM More reviews by march_angels

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the pink color on my fair skin. It's a gorgeous pink! I'm so thankful it's not sticky either. I have to go back and buy more Magnifique before they decide to discontinue it for whatever reason! I can't wear any other lipgloss after trying Glossimers!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 6:44:00 PM More reviews by eadinsmo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this one on impulse, together with a Chanel Precision Lip Pencil in Tulip. They were temporarily misplaced (I admit it, at the bottom of a handbag at the bottom of the closet!). And now that we've all been reunited I am thrilled.

This lipgloss looks pretty girly and pinky in the tube, but it can go any way you like. Innocent and sweet, or polished and professional, or pouty and sexy. The color requires a teeny bit of layering to show up. I usually wear a light layer, just enough for gloss, a hint of color, and some sparkle.

As others have noted, it feels divine on the lips. Sticky enough to last a surprisingly long time, without actually feeling sticky. Chanel's worked miracles with the texture of this one.

Of course it's expensive. But you get a lot more product that you would from some other manufacturers. And you can't beat pulling this elegant gloss out of your purse when you know people will notice!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2008 6:23:00 AM More reviews by mmhilla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I contacted an MUA'r who has this used item up for swap a few times, used, and never got a response. So, I went to ebay and bought one Brand new, pretty cheap. Although I really like the color, the SA at Nordstrom's said it has been discontinued. So I will use this one up, and find another chanel glossimer pink that I like. I would repurchase, but I wont start hunting this item down. EDIT: Sorry this is not discontinued, I misunderstood the SA at Nordie's. They were all out at the counter, but I can still get online.