October 23, 2014 | 1793 users online

Eyeliner - Smashbox - Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner - Black

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by golightlyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ugh, worst gel eyeliner ever. I bought it because the MUA at Ulta said it was good, and usually you can't go wrong with smashbox. However, this stuff is always moving around, it transfers on the top of my eyelid, HARDLY waterproof. So disappointed. I've used drugstore products that are way better than this liner, plus you get way more product for way less money (however, I've discovered almost all drugstore brands test on animals. Please do your research before buying drugstore again). The consistency of it is somewhat dry, I have to swipe it on my brush a few times before it gets on there. I applies quite easily, however this doesn't really matter because it's not going to look like a nice precise line by the end of the day. I'm going to try and set it with a black eyeshadow, hopefully that will make it stay because I stupidly lost my receipt and cannot return. But my opinion is there are MUCH better eyeliners than this one, it's a major let down.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by melanieeatsghosts

I got mine in the Sephora Draw The Line kit, and personally I like it a lot. Many other eyeliners transfer on the inner corner of my eyelid (I have very hooded Asian eyelids/not monolids though), so I get dark inner corners all the time. This one didn't budge all day, even through a nap and going out in the rain.
The only con is that you really need to apply a second coat or it isn't dark enough.. It's also quite a bit drier than other cream eyeliners, but I'll put up with the extra coat for all day staying power :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2012 5:33:00 AM More reviews by sealegg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Smashbox Waterproof Eye Liner in Black is a decent eyeliner.

Pros:
It doesn't smudge
The consistently is smooth
It's easy to apply
It's great for subtle looks
It is waterproof

Cons:
It's not quite as black as I hoped

I love my liners as black as they can be and this one just didn't cut it. However, on me it is great when I don't feel like doing anything to my eye except lining and applying mascara. I gave it four stars because although it is not super dark, the liner does what is says.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm going to have to disagree with most the the reviews on this product. This is my FAVORITE eyeliner for tight lining.

There is nothing more that I hate in this world than going into the bathroom after having been at school for an hour and my tight line has not only vanished, but migrated under my eyes, making me look like a zombie!!

I have eyes that are on the drier side and don't take we'll to tight lining, as I also wear contacts on a daily basis.

After buying this little beauty I won't leave the house without a bit of it on. This liner REALLY lasts on me with little to no smudging at the end of the day. I don't really use it for my eyelid itself as I find that makes my small eyes look that much smaller. But in my tightline it works great!!

UPDATE: This deserves more than 5 lippies. My waterline eats eyeliner no matter what I do. I decided to be brave today and see if this would stay put. I applied it in my tightline AND waterline with a flat liner brush (Sephora #25) at around 9 this morning and it is still on my eyes at almost 9 in the evening! It does not look as flawless, it has faded a bit at my outer corner but it has not lost any of it's intensity! Besides in the outer corners of my eyes, the liner has stayed put and has stayed black. HG STAMP OF APPROVAL.

UPDATE #2: Still loving this eyeliner. Recently got the Real Techniques fine liner brush and I cannot stop wearing cat eye liner! The brush makes it so easy and this liner just glides on! It is a super intense black without being even the tiniest bit glossy, it has that perfect matte finish! It has dried out a tiny bit but that is easily fixed by a quick warm-up under a blow dryer to soften the product again :)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by vinefit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

Its a gift from friend & since I'm looking for waterproof eyeliner to tight line my upper eye, I thought this was a godsend. Now, the texture look creamy but it is not super smooth when apply. It doesn't stay long & it smeared & run about 3 - 4hrs of wearing. Waterproof......I call this nonsense. It also irritate my eye (I wear contact lenses) after an hour or more of wearing. By end of the day, I can visibly see the eyeliner transfer down to my lower inner waterline. Save your money on this one......NOTHING WORK AS STATED ON THE BOX.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this eyeliner to wear on the inside lid because of its waterproof nature. I like it but I'm still continuing my search for something better. It does stay on the inside lid longer than pencil eyeliners but I find it doesn't go on as smooth as I'd hoped. It's easy to get an unevenly colored line, depending on how much product is on the brush, so I tend to over each lid more than once to get an even line. Pros: it's a dark black, it lasts fairly long, and my little pot has still not dried out after a few months of use. Cons: doesn't last all day, and goes on a bit splotchy. I would repurchase but only until I find something better.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by krispykreme90

Ahh where shall I start? So, I watched a review on this product on the Amenakin channel where the eyeliner was given a heads up for it's non budging appeal and longevity. I was also impressed with this when I noticed how it didnt budge. However, having said that, I never really had a problem with the other eyeliners I tried, like the Rimmel exaggerate eyeliner or the Barry M eyeliner. I guess I just wanted to purchase the brand rather than the actual product. When I first attempted to try the Smashbox eyeliner, it look a while to apply with the brush as I had to keep dabbing the brush in the product frequently as it wasnt standing out in my eyes. It didnt feel like gel liner, it was rough and if air gets into the little pot then the liner will lose its texture and dry out. This happened to mine on the first day, even though I quickly tried to shut it tight. It was just impossible to keep the air away, and the liner was just useful for me at all. However I do prefer using it on the rims of my eyes as it lasts a long time, much better than eye pencils. Wouldnt buy it again though, and wouldnt recommend it. It's just too expensive and is not worth it for the amount they charge. You can get better gel liners in the drugstore section.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by ahockenbrouch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has to be the worst waterproof eyeliner I've tried so far. Originally I bought it to use on my waterline & tightline. I gave up on that because it pulled at my skin while applying, went on in clumps, or barely at all & was gone in less than an hour. I kept it around to use as a regular eyeliner under false lashes. Last night I lined all the way around my eyes with it and it looked pretty good until I went to the restroom. It had drifted into the corners of my eyes and all the way down to the tops of my cheeks. I looked ridiculous. I have very dry skin, so I usually don't worry about having to set my makeup with powder, especially a waterproof eyeliner, but if I ever use this again I know I will have to pat a black powder liner over it or else it will be everywhere. This should definitely not be sold as a waterproof liner. Maybe in the stick form it is better, or maybe I got a bad batch, but I do not have anything good to say about this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2012 1:30:00 AM More reviews by widdersyns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Overall, I really like this eyeliner. It goes on more smoothly than any other eyeliner I've used, and it lasts all day. The only problem is that it began drying out pretty soon. It still works as it is now, but I worry that I won't be able to use the whole jar. It's a really expensive item for how little product it is, so I'm pretty disappointed in that flaw, and will be more so if I can't use it all. I probably won't buy it again when I run out; I will likely experiment with other brands of gel/cream eyeliner instead.

Edit: This is completely dried out and useless now, and I've used less than half. If you plan on using this frequently and quickly, maybe if you're a makeup artist, you might risk it. But this is really a waste of money if you don't go through it quickly.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by jwonggw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this stuff thinking that it would be a good one. It sucked! I got raccoon eyes only after like an hour or so. I had to keep looking in the mirror to make sure i didn't look scary! I wouldn't buy it again. It was really hard to apply and was kinda of cakey. You have to drag your brush a few times to get enough liner on your brush. I returned it the next day!