October 22, 2014 | 1847 users online

Eye Shadow - Almay - Stay Smooth shadows

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2003 1:50:00 PM More reviews by lory

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried these e/s in the singles, duos and quads, and find them to be chalky. The color range is neutral, but a bit boring. I love MAC and Stila, so I guess I'm spoiled. I wouldn't repurchase these.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2003 10:46:00 PM More reviews by chedoux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Nice e/s. I have this in Sapphire, a pretty soft purple shade; it gives me a nice smoky look without being too dramatic. It doesn't crease on me, but the color fades a little by the end of the day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2003 6:44:00 PM More reviews by jennyferr

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not bad, especially for me being a natural kinda girl anyways. The colors were nice muted and easily blended. Maybe too easily because this shadow has no staying power. The packaging is nice and I like the colors. Won't buy again though, it just doesn't really have enough pigmentation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2003 10:12:00 PM More reviews by rav2b

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Argh! These didn't work for me. Not only did they not last well, the brown shades I tried made my eyes sting.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2003 2:29:00 AM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think the quality of these shadows are outstanding. I have this in Sapphire and not only is the color a beautiful, slightly purple, navy, it lasts all day (especially if I wet the brush first). For the price, you can't go wrong. UPDATE: After wearing this longer, I discovered it didn't wear as well as I initially thought. I think Aveda/MAC shadows are more pigmented and last better... Plus I *hate* the cheap packaging (it falls apart so quickly!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2002 6:25:00 PM More reviews by onitacy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Some of the longest lasting powder shadows out there, I think. On me it lasts around 12 hours before it begins to fade. Pretty nice to not have to touch up at work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2002 6:47:00 PM More reviews by anooshka

I have this in a bronzy colour which is really beautiful (think it's called "bronze"???). it also does not crease eventhough i have oily skin and stays on all day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2002 8:21:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I loved there old eye shadow. It was perfect and shimmery. They discontinued it to my dismay and now introduced new eye shadow. I got a cream color. Its nice and goes on very nice. Smoothe texture and it lasts. Doesn't tug when applied and feels like silk. Color is also pretty opaque. It did crack in the container though, so you need to handle it with care.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2002 4:54:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

These really do apply smoothly, I was rather surprised. Best of all the color really held up on me all day without creasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2002 3:27:00 PM More reviews by marshmello

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

"Stay Smooth" is a good description for these e/s's because they go on smoothly and have a satiny feel to them. I really like the staying power and how they don't crease. I purchased the Natural Elements quad and was very impressed with the quality. I just wished the color selection was bigger .