TiGi Brunette Goddess

3.9

Water - Aqua , Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Cocamide DEA , Glycol Distearate , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate , Ammonium Chloride , Fragrance - Parfum , Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate , Sodium Lauroyl Oat Amino Acids , Sodium Carboxymethyl Lauryl Glucoside , Polysilicone-15 , Polyquaternium-44 , PPG-2 Hydroxyethyl Coco/Isostearamide , PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate , Linoleic Acid , Sunflower Seed Oil - Helianthus Annuus , Disteareth-75 IPDI , Decyl Glucoside , Cocamide MEA , Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride , PEG-8 Dimethicone , PEG-8 Ricinoleate , Citric Acid , Tocopheryl Acetate , Retinyl Palmitate , Ascorbyl Palmitate , Ascorbic Acid , Tetrasodium EDTA , Methylisothiazolinone , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Benzyl Alcohol , Benzyl Benzoate , Mica - CI 77019 , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 , Yellow 5 - CI 19140 , Red 33 - CI 17200 , Blue 1 - CI 42090

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

The smell of this shampoo is seriously too gorgeous to be true. It smells chocolate, caramel, coffee, vanilla and alcohol. The smell reminds me of Baileys Irish Cream. I wish it was possible to eat this product, haha. The reason why I bought this product was because of the smell.

On the other hand, this shampoo doesn't do anything special to my hair. My hair is as dry as it used to be before I started to use it, and it's as damaged as it was. No effect at all. It kind of adds a little bit of shine to my hair though. It also cleanses my hair good. Anyway, I won't buy it again.

on 7/20/2011 1:26:00 PM

I have very dry hair from mother nature. Often it is frizzy, especially at the ends. I have something between locks and straight. This shampoo wasn't enough moisturizing unfortunately, even after use of the Brunette Goddess conditioner additionally my hair was very dry. But it smells really good and isn't heavy. And it has a perlmut-like colour in brownish. By the way my hairdresser mentioned it works very good on red hair!

on 7/20/2011 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was enticed by it's claim that it protects hair from UV rays, sulfate free and preserves color. I must agree with others that the scent is delightful! It's not overpowering, not fruity or too sweet but what I'm digging right now which is a rich vanilla, cookie scent. It's such a treat for my senses and less of a task when it's time to wash my super long hair! I believe it definitely retains my color and does a wonderful job of keeping it vibrant, less brassy.

The product is very thick. Just make sure your hair is completely wet so it lathers well. Once I rinse the shampoo out, my hair seems to be a bit hard but I use Redken Volume conditioner which leaves my hair super soft and smelling great. Also, it doesn't leave a dirty feeling/residue (Paul Mitchell Color shampoo). I purchased the Antidotes Level 2 for moisture as well in this line and much love for that. I alternate between the two.

I base my review on how it lathers, no wax build-up, color retention, sulfate free, scent, price and packaging. Purchased during Ulta's liter sale. This was the last one left and grabbed it! Must be very popular as there were tons of other liter brands readily available. My HG.

Used previously: Suave (Color & Almond and Shea), Aussie Moist, All versions of Pantene, Sunsilk, Samy, Herbal Essense, Finesse, Tresseme, Nexus, L'Oreal, Biolage, Garnier, Bumble and Bumble, Redken, Matrix Sleek, Joico Frederic Fekkai to name what I can remember.

For reference my hair is long, coarse and color-treated.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I like this a lot as a daily shampoo. It smells absolutely amazing and works well to preserve hair color and get gunk out of hair and is really just a good all-around product.

on 3/6/2011 8:51:00 PM

The first time I used this shampoo I hated it. It smells wonderful but that's about it. I found it much too harsh and even with conditioner it left my hair stripped and tangled. My hair apparently doesn't like ammonium sulphates. Would not buy again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

i really like this! it makes my hair really shiny and smooth. it smells like toffee :) it haves a nice pump too... i dont know would i repurchase, coase its pretty expensive and some cheaper shampoos does the same thing and i like to use a lot of shampoo, coase i have a lot of hair.

on 2/21/2011 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

This is an everyday shampoo rather than a shampoo that has a specific claim or duty (i.e. moisturizing, volumizing, smoothing, etc.). It takes a couple of squirts to really work into a lather, and the lather is thin, dense and creamy. It leaves my hair feeling soft and clean. I'm not sure if it makes my hair any shinier since my black hair already looks shiny. What I really love about this shampoo is the scent. It smells like vanilla/caramel/toffee/hazelnut! I almost want to eat it and if you have a sweet tooth or just love sweet scents, you'll really enjoy this shampoo.
...
As for any negatives, it doesn't work into a full or heavy lather right away, as it might require an extra squirt of product. That said, it is gentle enough for everyday use and I haven't found it to be drying. It isn't that much fancier than a cheaper shampoo, but the scent is delightful.

First off, I could eat this stuff, it smells soooo delicious, like cake batter to me! It makes my hair really soft and I just love this shampoo. I have the pump form packaging which makes it a lot easier in the shower. I'm almost out, and I definitely need to stock up on this stuff!

on 1/6/2011 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

WOW! I thought Dumb Blonde was the best shampoo I ever tried, this stuff knocks it out of the water. It has a nice chocolate/caramel scent and the conditioner is awesome. I feel safe using this without over-conditioning my hair. The dumb blonde reconstructor is great, but too much protein can damage your hair. This makes my damaged hair feel soft and almost virgin again. I just wish they gave you the same equal amount of conditioner like the shampoo. 13 oz. of shampoo and 8 oz. of conditoner... not a good match! lol

on 12/16/2010 2:35:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am really impressed with this shampoo. My natural hair color is dark ash brown. I no longer color my hair, so I can't say how well this helps "preserve" brunette color. But as a natural brunette, I do feel that it "enhances" my color, so to speak. PROS: It makes my hair shiny...to a noticeable extent! I have NEVER known a shampoo to actually make well on the promise of shiny hair, but this one delivers! I usually don't like food-scented cosmetics, but this smells delicious, kind of like caramel or vanilla cake batter or something. I think the reason it doesn't bother me is because it smells really authentic, unlike most other food-scented products that smell super fake and make my stomach turn! When your hair dries, the smell changes to a less intense, dessert smell. I like this. I get to have the decadent smell to make my shower more fun, but I don't have to carry it around with me all day. (I should note that I don't use the corresponding conditioner with it. I feel that it is moisturizing enough without the conditioner...another plus!) It also lathers well. The only CON I can think of is that I don't really care for the packaging. The pump is nice in the shower, but good luck if you want to take it with you on vacation! Not exactly portable! Maybe they have travel sized bottled that are without a pump...? Anyway, I would definitely buy this again. Yes it's more expensive than drug store brands, but it's also 100X better than any drug store brand I've used (and I've tried most of them!).