August 30, 2014 | 980 users online

Hair - Wen by Chaz Dean - Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by deanna424

This is one of the worst products I've ever used. It made my hair fall out in clumps. It also left my hair feeling dirty, weighed down and greasy. I used it twice with the same results before I returned it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Nicolehasredhair

I'm so glad I only got a sample and not a whole bottle.

I found it was really drying to my hair, stripped a lot of my colour out, hurt my scalp, and I was left with really crunchy hair after using this product.

Save yourself the trouble and try something else.

It smelled good that's about all the good I have to say!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by FrancescaEQ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using Wen for about 3 years now and I will never go back to regular shampoo. I'm a mixed chick so have a mane of long very curly hair. After having it chemically relaxed at age 14 I've spent the last 10 years growing it and nursing it back to health. I used to struggle with it being v.dry & frizzy and looking like an actual afro! I decided to try Wen & have been converted for life! It smells amazing & feels lovely in both my hands & on my scalp & hair. My hair is tame now, much more manageble, v.soft & not to mention the growth I have is incredidale. My hair looks so healthy & I have my curls back now rather than frizz. I get so many complements on my hair now I think the product just really agrees with me. I hate the odd times now that I use regular shampoo it makes my hair feel almost squeeky clean like its been stripped of everything, it feels so harsh! I've had no problems with the UK customer service so I'm happy all round with this conditioner.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by starskye

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily and greasy hair and so I have to wash my hair everyday. I tried salon & drugstore shampoos & conditioners and still. Well I got this as a gift 5 months ago and decided to try it today. Like it says, it doesn't lather so I was really worried since I already have greasy hair. I massaged it in and rinsed then did a second cleanse and left it in during the rest of my shower then rinsed in the end. I put it in a towel while I did my makeup. My hair was hard to comb through but after drying it with a blow dryer my hair looked better than it normally did. Considering the comments above, I may just use it 1-2x a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Boujie88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love, LOVE this product. The underhanded way they do the autoshipping though and make you try to get out of it, is practically criminal, but I digress.
My hair is fine, but I have a lot of it. Wen makes my hair soft, shiny and very manageable. Once in a while on a weekend, I will use regular shampoo and conditioner, and regret it - always going back to my Wen. I have stockpiled it so I don't run out. Great stuff.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 2:35:00 AM More reviews by hebrides

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This cleans the hair but it leaves it too full and unmanageable. I do not get glossy, swinging hair as in the infomercials. I left it on as directed and rinsed very thoroughly. I just used it last night and my hair is difficult to manage today. It just does not rinse out enough or leave the hair really clean. I hate the mint smell. It lingers after the hair is dry. I get far better results with any of my other shampoos or conditioners. My daughter loves it and has fabulous hair, but it doesn't work for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2014 12:55:00 AM More reviews by kfigz

I have been using Wen for a year now, and I will not reorder after my last bottle is gone. I have had good days and bad days with this product. Some days my hair is very soft and manageable, and some days it is a greasy mess. However, EVERY day my hair is limp and lifeless. Even with a root lifter and an Instyler my hair is flat. Another thing is, I originally purchased Wen because of the infomercial where the 2 girls get their hair dyed red, and the one who washed with Wen had no color bleeding or fading. I love to have red hair and I thought it would be worth the money if this worked. NOPE! My hair color washed out immediately. I was so pissed. As far as packaging goes, I had several pumps that didn't work and I had to squeeze the product from the bottle. I also seemed to have a lot of hair come out at least a few times a week. I gave this product a good chance since I stuck with it for a year, but I'm done.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by alleycat1963

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just received the 30 day supply, and while I was very impressed with the packaging, and the friendly welcome kit, and glossy brochure, I am not impressed with the product. I believed all the hype that I would see this transformation in my hair. I thought it would have that "fresh from the salon" bounce and shine. No. I used it the exact way the instructions said. Then, after seeing how if I kept using the crazy amount they tell you to , there will be none left in a week! I like the whole concept, and I can not say it is a horrible product, just not better than most high end products out there. I don't think the price is over the top, if it worked the way the infomercials show it to work.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2014 4:10:00 AM More reviews by CaptainsLog01

I didn't really find anything special about this product. It's too expensive for such a little amount. I got the 30 day supply in almond mint and it didn't last the full 30 days after 15 days or so I found myself rationing the conditioner. I decided to cancel my future shipments but they sent me a second package anyways so I filed for a return and sent the untouched product back. I was told by costumer service that I would be refunded in full including the shopping costs. But when I checked my credit card I saw that they charged me AGAIN! So I called them and again I was told that I would be refunded my money but it has now been two months and instead of a refund I was charged again this month even though I am no longer receiving products. If you're looking into getting non harsh sulfate free hair care products I would suggest getting organix you could find it in local drug marts and they're 1/3rd of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by misscynthia06

I have long, curly, color treated, damaged, dry hair. I use heat about once to twice a week and was looking to stop uses shampoo and start hydrating my hair.

I really love this product. Honestly....It is very finicky and not easy to use at all, you have to be willing to go trial-and-error and have some days where your hair looks dirty, flat and gross. But when you get it right, the right amount of product, the right amount of rinses, the right styling product, your hair looks and feels amazing. While that much work is way more than I would like to do just to have clean and healthy hair, once you figure out what works for your particular head of hairs, it really becomes easy and quick.

My color has lasted so much longer since I started using Wen exclusively.

I recommend purchasing from Sephora or Qvc, not directly from Wen, as I have heard they have horrible customer service and billing procedures.

This is a product you either love or hate, I held back on reviewing until I had been exclusively using Wen to wash my hair for a significant amount of time. I can honestly say in my experience this product has been really good for my hair. I wish it was cheaper, but I really can say I will purchase again.

I refuse to call myself a "wen girl", it really isnt THAT amazing, you can get similar results from other products for much cheaper, but there is some value to the hype, my scalp is healthy, I have less hair coming out in the shower and my color lasts much longer.