July 25, 2014 | 1909 users online

Hair - Wen by Chaz Dean - Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by starskye

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily and greasy hair and so I have to wash my hair everyday. I tried salon & drugstore shampoos & conditioners and still. Well I got this as a gift 5 months ago and decided to try it today. Like it says, it doesn't lather so I was really worried since I already have greasy hair. I massaged it in and rinsed then did a second cleanse and left it in during the rest of my shower then rinsed in the end. I put it in a towel while I did my makeup. My hair was hard to comb through but after drying it with a blow dryer my hair looked better than it normally did. Considering the comments above, I may just use it 1-2x a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Boujie88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love, LOVE this product. The underhanded way they do the autoshipping though and make you try to get out of it, is practically criminal, but I digress.
My hair is fine, but I have a lot of it. Wen makes my hair soft, shiny and very manageable. Once in a while on a weekend, I will use regular shampoo and conditioner, and regret it - always going back to my Wen. I have stockpiled it so I don't run out. Great stuff.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 2:35:00 AM More reviews by hebrides

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This cleans the hair but it leaves it too full and unmanageable. I do not get glossy, swinging hair as in the infomercials. I left it on as directed and rinsed very thoroughly. I just used it last night and my hair is difficult to manage today. It just does not rinse out enough or leave the hair really clean. I hate the mint smell. It lingers after the hair is dry. I get far better results with any of my other shampoos or conditioners. My daughter loves it and has fabulous hair, but it doesn't work for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2014 12:55:00 AM More reviews by kfigz

I have been using Wen for a year now, and I will not reorder after my last bottle is gone. I have had good days and bad days with this product. Some days my hair is very soft and manageable, and some days it is a greasy mess. However, EVERY day my hair is limp and lifeless. Even with a root lifter and an Instyler my hair is flat. Another thing is, I originally purchased Wen because of the infomercial where the 2 girls get their hair dyed red, and the one who washed with Wen had no color bleeding or fading. I love to have red hair and I thought it would be worth the money if this worked. NOPE! My hair color washed out immediately. I was so pissed. As far as packaging goes, I had several pumps that didn't work and I had to squeeze the product from the bottle. I also seemed to have a lot of hair come out at least a few times a week. I gave this product a good chance since I stuck with it for a year, but I'm done.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by alleycat1963

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just received the 30 day supply, and while I was very impressed with the packaging, and the friendly welcome kit, and glossy brochure, I am not impressed with the product. I believed all the hype that I would see this transformation in my hair. I thought it would have that "fresh from the salon" bounce and shine. No. I used it the exact way the instructions said. Then, after seeing how if I kept using the crazy amount they tell you to , there will be none left in a week! I like the whole concept, and I can not say it is a horrible product, just not better than most high end products out there. I don't think the price is over the top, if it worked the way the infomercials show it to work.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2014 4:10:00 AM More reviews by CaptainsLog01

I didn't really find anything special about this product. It's too expensive for such a little amount. I got the 30 day supply in almond mint and it didn't last the full 30 days after 15 days or so I found myself rationing the conditioner. I decided to cancel my future shipments but they sent me a second package anyways so I filed for a return and sent the untouched product back. I was told by costumer service that I would be refunded in full including the shopping costs. But when I checked my credit card I saw that they charged me AGAIN! So I called them and again I was told that I would be refunded my money but it has now been two months and instead of a refund I was charged again this month even though I am no longer receiving products. If you're looking into getting non harsh sulfate free hair care products I would suggest getting organix you could find it in local drug marts and they're 1/3rd of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by misscynthia06

I have long, curly, color treated, damaged, dry hair. I use heat about once to twice a week and was looking to stop uses shampoo and start hydrating my hair.

I really love this product. Honestly....It is very finicky and not easy to use at all, you have to be willing to go trial-and-error and have some days where your hair looks dirty, flat and gross. But when you get it right, the right amount of product, the right amount of rinses, the right styling product, your hair looks and feels amazing. While that much work is way more than I would like to do just to have clean and healthy hair, once you figure out what works for your particular head of hairs, it really becomes easy and quick.

My color has lasted so much longer since I started using Wen exclusively.

I recommend purchasing from Sephora or Qvc, not directly from Wen, as I have heard they have horrible customer service and billing procedures.

This is a product you either love or hate, I held back on reviewing until I had been exclusively using Wen to wash my hair for a significant amount of time. I can honestly say in my experience this product has been really good for my hair. I wish it was cheaper, but I really can say I will purchase again.

I refuse to call myself a "wen girl", it really isnt THAT amazing, you can get similar results from other products for much cheaper, but there is some value to the hype, my scalp is healthy, I have less hair coming out in the shower and my color lasts much longer.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2014 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Jilllann

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Worst thing out there. Gave me bumps on my scalp. List hair while using thus. you should check out the Youtube videos on thinning hair from Wen-I was shocked at how common this was for others.
Made my hair look greasy and like I did not wash it. Two of my friends ordered it and hated it too. Big word of caution never ever order on their auto ship program. The company will not cancel your order and customer service hangs up on you. The worst customer service I have ever dealt with. Both my friend and I had to cancel our credit cards to stop getting them from sending products to us on auto ship and then thy kept sending letters for months to tell us our kit was ready to ship and send ament when we cancelled it.
The left over product I'd work as a good dog shampoo for my friends dog.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2014 8:36:00 PM More reviews by lenlen9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, to be fair, I used Wen for 6 months so by now I believe I've used it long enough to give a pretty accurate assessment of how this product worked for me. In one word; awful!!! I guess I was one of those who fell for the hype but this did absolutely NOTHING for my hair except make it an extremely oily, matted,flat and weighed down mess. As if that wasn't bad enough, it always felt and looked dirty, gross and very dull. And no, I'm not using it incorrectly. I tried all the suggestions mentioned by the manufacturer, by friends who use it and my own experimentation but no matter what I did, I always got the same results. My normal hair texture is dry and I really didn't produce much oil in the first place so all the greasy residue was due to this cleanser. It was so bad that I always look like I haven't taken a shower in weeks.

My hair is medium length and I first tried the 16-24 pumps recommended for the lenght. That proved to be too much so I decreased it to 10-15 pumps, even going as low as below 10 pumps. The result was always the same. Of course with the less than the recommended amount, my hair and especially my scalp, felt even dirtier but here's the kicker...no matter what I tried, it always felt as if it's coated with wax even though I thoroughly scrubbed my scalp with it. After 4 months of use I started noticing very itchy scalp, some flaking and more hair fall. Yet, I stuck with it thinking it was just my scalp adjusting. On month 6 I noticed even more hair fall even on days I don't wash my hair. This hardly happened to my hair prior to using this. My stylist even commented on the condition of my hair and how it felt coated. I decided then I was going to stop using it and look for alternatives.

I'm now using another brand of no sulfate shampoo and by gosh, the difference is HUGE. Almost overnight, no more itchy scalp and most importantly no more weighed down flat matted oily hair. I have yet to grow the hairs I lost back but hopefully in time it will. I now use this product to shave my legs with. I think overall it's an over hyped and expensive product. I have gotten better results from sulfate free shampoos that are 4 times cheaper. The 1 lippie is for the scent only which is pretty nice.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Kristyann

Wow this stuff really does suck. I have highlighted slightly wavy hair that I use heat on every few days or so, so I am always looking for that miracle product that will leave my hair shiny and fully of body. After seeing those infomercials every single morning, I decided to take the plunge and try it out. This weighed my hair down, took forever to dry because of how greasy my hair felt (and my hair is SO DRY) and my hair felt dirty afterwards. The only thing this has going for it is the smell, so I kept the dry mist just to refresh my hair every now and then because it smells incredible. This was so bad, that i would feel like crap if I passed it along to someone else. At least I gave it a try!