Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cetearyl Isononanoate, Panthenol, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Ceteareth-12, Sodium Citrate, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 2/21/2015 1:57:00 PM

I bought a 3 pack of these wipes at BJ's, even though I've never used them before. After a disappointing experience with Pond's nighttime wipes, which have a heavy, bad fragrance, I was definitely interesting in trying these, which are fragrance free. They do the job very well, although they aren't fantastic with removing eye makeup (I have yet to find a wipe that is).

on 2/17/2015 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using these for a while, and have repurchased them. It's a good product, and did not irritate my dry skin. I had tried a different wipe (one my daughter uses) and I found it had such a strong, perfumed scent that it was nauseating. I really enjoy the fact that the Simple wipes are unscented. I'm not a heavy make-up user, and one wipe seems to do the trick. Haven't had a problem with them drying out, but I use them regularly, so they don't sit around for too long. I plan to keep the Simple brand as the only make-up wipe for me.

on 2/9/2015 10:35:00 PM

I have to say I'm really impressed with these wipes. I can use them on my eyes to take off all my make up and they don't cause any irritation or burning. It took all my makeup off in less than a minute and didn't dry my skin out. You don't really need the eye make up remover wipes in the same line, these are just as good and you get more cloth for your whole face, plus they're softer than the eye makeup remover disks. Not even facial wash gets my eye liner off as well as these. My only concern is that they might dry out if the seal on the packaging loses its adhesive quality. However, I haven't had them long enough for that to happen.

Regardless, I will be buying these again when they run out.

on 1/23/2015 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought these at Walgreens, on special BOGO. I liked them. I take off the bulk of my makeup with makeup remover wipes then use the Philosophy face wash to get the mascara, leftovers off. These wipes were plenty moist, even after being in my stockpile since October. Lots of times if I stockpile, by the time I get to the wipes, they tend to be drier feeling so they don't remove much makeup at all. These were fresh and did remove most of my makeup. Will definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 1/19/2015 8:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I mostly use facial wipes for when I'm just too lazy to use a facial wash to remove my makeup or if I'm in a hurry/tired. These unfortunately were really irritating for my sensitive combo skin.
I did like that these did not contain fragrance in them but they do contain other irritating ingredients in them. They are affordable but you really don't get that many wipes.
I'm going to try Olay's 2-in-1 sensitive facial cloths next because they have good reviews here, on Paula's Choice, and because I like their sensitive face wash. Would not recommend the Simple cleansing wipes for those with sensitive skin.

on 1/7/2015 6:11:00 PM

I've been using these wipes for about a week. I use them to remove my eye makeup and they do a great job even with waterproof products. No burning around my eye area which I've found usually happens with most face wipes. Good for removing foundation as well, but I find it doesn't take it all off which isn't a huge deal because I always cleanse after using anyway. My favorite part is they haven't broken me out and I have pretty sensitive skin that usually breaks out with the slightest change in my skin routine. Great for sensitive skin.

on 1/2/2015 12:45:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The main reason I use facial wipes is to remove eyemake. This did not work and burned the skin around my eyes.

on 12/28/2014 11:29:00 PM

Love these!!!! They're really the only makeup removing wipe that hasn't made me break out or made my face itchy and irritated. I heard about the brand before it was popular in America and was interested to try it! So glad I did

I too had an allergic reaction to these wipes. I'm not sure which ingredient caused it, but if your skin is at all sensitive avoid these wipes. My reaction was a load of tiny, red bumps.

on 11/1/2014 8:30:00 AM

I actually got these as a free promotional gift and although I don't use facial wipes in the conventional way, I do use them for wiping my hands and brushes when I'm applying my makeup. So I still wanted to try these to see how good they were...

Obviously I can't comment on whether they remove makeup from your face, but they did do a good job of removing the excess foundation from my hands and eyeshadows etc from my brushes. These are really soft and a good size when compared with other facial wipes and baby wipes I've used, so I can imagine they would be very gentle to use on the face. They also retained their moisture which is another plus point as I've had ones in the past which have dried out really quickly and I've ended up throwing the pack away half used.

If you're someone who uses facial wipes as they were designed for and are looking for some gentle ones that won't aggravate your skin but are effective at removing your makeup, I don't think you could go far wrong with these. I've seen them in Boots, Superdrug, Savers etc ranging from 2.00 up to 3.99 which seems pretty comparable to other facial wipes on the market in the UK.