April 18, 2014 | 1709 users online

Palettes - Bobbi Brown - Chocolate Eye Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2007 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Aseretmarie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this palette. It's got some great neutral browns and I've been able to use every one of them. I also love the brush/eyeliner brush it comes with - very convienent that it's duel ended. I also like that it has both shimmer and matte colors, it's a good mix of both. I would repurchase at some point, but I don't think it's still available (grrrr!)
If you can find it, it's worth it. It's perfect for travel too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2007 10:57:00 PM More reviews by storybookheroine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Why did Bobbi Brown make such a great neutral palette LE? It's a beautiful collection of neutral shadows ranging from cream to dark brown. At retail it's a great value, seven shadows (four matte and 3 shimmerwash), nice double ended brush and good mirror for a palette but ebay prices are horrible. I was very lucky to swap for it. I hope she brings this one back!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2007 6:11:00 AM More reviews by lian_qiu

I waited for months for this to become available in Australia. Finally got my hands on one. Costs $95AUD, but totally worth the money, because it's the perfect palette for that understated and professional look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2007 7:19:00 PM More reviews by savethemarianne

This chocolate palette costs around 40 and contains 7 shades of eyeshadow/liner. It's useful if you're the kind of person who finds they never finish an eyeshadow and it goes to waste, as each one is .7g. Fits neatly into handbag and has mirror and brush, dead useful for one the go. I use the darkest shade as an eyeliner and I find application easy as anything and the colour is nice.
However, it does smudge after a while, I don't like to wear it under my eyelids when clubbing.
"Bone" is useful as a base to even lid tone before applying not just the other shades, but any eyeshadow you've got. The range of shades is good for daytime and night, but I would say I find myself preferring some of the shades over the others and therefore some blocks in the palette get a bit left behind. However, considering how much each of these individual shades would cost seperately, it's not a bad deal if you're trying Bobbi Brown for the first time.
The only reason I won't buy this again is because out of 7 shades I mostly use 5 and leave the 2 shimmers, I'm sure there are cheaper variations of these shades out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2006 1:06:00 PM More reviews by goddess3o3

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OMG WHY WHY WHY IS THIS LE! This has to be my fave palette I've ever purchased! I bought it long after it was discontinued and wish i had bought a few before they were all gone! Beautiful neutral palette with a little shimmer. Very versatile! You can make a great day look or a sexy smokey evening look all from one palette! LOVE LOVE LOVE this palette!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2006 3:29:00 AM More reviews by crazyshopaholic

What's not to love about a palette with various gorgeous neutral/nude/brown shades? It's versatile enough for both day wear & night wear. Great product! It's also a no-brainer for matching shades. I'll definitely buy Bobbi Brown eyeshadow palettes from now on!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2006 8:48:00 PM More reviews by thaliaucla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an amazing palette. I was never into Bobbi Brown or into neutral eye shadow shades before this, go figure! All the shadows blend and work together so easily they are really nice. This is easy to use when you are in a hurry and need a nice, natural, fuss-free daytime look. I highly recommend this. I wouldn't pay over $10-15 per eye shadow, there are 7 shades in here so that equals roughly $70-$105 total for the palette, I swapped for a very lightly tested palette for a $40 item and I am very happy with it, I was nearly ready to pay $80 for it on ebay, I *just* knew it would for me from the photos of it and I was right. I just wish the shadows were a tiny bit softer like Tarte shadows, I get very spoiled by Tarte shadows! lol. My favorite shade in this is the darkest shimmer eye shadow, third from the right. It's lovely, enjoy! :o)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2006 12:39:00 AM More reviews by canadabanada

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this palette a lot! I am fair-medium complexion and this is a great neutral and professional look. you can wear this in so many different ways
the BB shimmerwashes are unlike any other brand. truly perfection. This is a must have purchase if you can find it and need some good quality browns in your repetoire.
you can tell how much I love it because this is it 3 months after I bought it: continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2006 11:08:00 AM More reviews by therese108

Ah, Ms. Brown, you have the best marketing on the planet! Like Everywoman, you know that the mere mention of chocolate will bring women stampeding from all corners of the globe, especially if it's a beauty treat that won't lay any extra calories on our hips! Thus... Chocolate, the perfect look for fall, and the perfect way to sell brown eyeshadows that any self-respecting makeup wearer already has and brown lipsticks that nobody normally would want! My local BB counter sold 50 of these babies in one day, and I scored one of the last 2 before it sold out completely! But I digress. Even diehard makeup junkies like myself will find this palette extremely useful. For one, you'll never have to root around again in your bag or drawer to find perfectly matching neutral shades. This has every incarnation of beige or brown you could want, from matte Bone to shimmery Cacao, and they're helpfully laid out (from left to right) from the lightest base shades to medium crease shades to Espresso, the darkest liner shade, so you can easily mix and match depending on your mood. Lately I've been bored stiff by matte shadows so the Shimmer Washes are getting the most play. The Cacao Shimmer Wash, in particular, looks gorgeous on the lid and crease, though the matte-gray Stone does a good job of defining as well. I love the accompanying dual-ended brush: the fluffy end makes the perfect crease brush, while the liner end can be wet to achieve an even more dramatic line. All in all, a delicious way to achieve the perfect subtle or dramatic neutral eye you can then complement with a pop of cheek color. I'd say the Chocolate Eye Palette is far more value for money than the accompanying Lip Duos, which cost almost $40 for chintzy pans of brown lipstick and pink gloss. You can easily duplicate the lip look by resurrecting that brown lipstick you never thought you'd use, and topping it with a pink gloss that I'm sure is a staple in most women's makeup bags. But kudos to Bobbi for getting the secret chocoholic in all of us to emerge with this inspired fall collection!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2006 9:10:00 AM More reviews by enka

The Chocolate Eye Palette was part of the limited Chocolate collection in 2006.
The palette offers 7 small eye shadows and a double ended brush for applying e/s and for lining. The brush is a big dissapointment. Although it is suprisingly soft and fluffy, the brush looks cheap with its very thin handle, which makes usage inconvenient. The brushes from all the other palettes by Bobbi Brown are in far better condition.

The palette itself offers a pale matte ivory (BBs ubiquios Bone) to neutralize the eye area, 3 matte neutrals and 3 shimmery neutrals. Bone is Bobbis standard shade to prep the eye area for further make up, but I prefer something shimmering like MAC Shroom to hightlight the brow bone. The colour rage differs from golden neutral nude (Caramel Toffee SW) to warm suede nude (Frappe) to light brown (Champagne truffle SW) and slight darker brown (Cacao SW, my fave of the palette). Stone and Chocolate are brown-grey nudes that are supposed to be used wet as liner. I don't see a big difference between the mattes and the shimmer washes, both types apply very sheer even on my NC 20 skin and need to be build. I get the best results, if I use a stiff brush or my fingertips to get some visible colour on the lids.
But nevertheless, I like this Palette. The e/s are really great to add dimension and contour to the eye region. I like Bone on the entire lid, Chocolate SW on lid and crease an Chocolate as liner. Its a quick sophisticated fuss free eye look, if I want to focus my MU on the lips.
I find my self using this palette often with e/s from other brands.
The golden e/s is nice with a smudged teal liner and the other nudes work well, if you want to make a bold colour like MAC Aquadisiac wearable in a formal environment.