December 22, 2014 | 942 users online

Loose Powders - La Mer - Skincolor De La Mer - The Powder - Poudre de La Mer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by kristinelorraine

this is the only powder that works on my acne-prone, oily skin. i have tried all the powder in the market and this is the only one that controls the oil on my face without making me breakout. it feels light and soft on the skin. it really lasts all day even after i sweat. i highly recommend this!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by nnovak006

I really wanted to like this powder but it was just OK for me (if that). I got it in translucent and it was very sheer which I like In a loose powder. The problem was the staying power and finish. This product would not give me a flawless finish and it actually sat in my pores which I hate. Also, when wearing this powder I would start to see shine around midday which is unacceptable for a $65 powder. The container is large and not good for travel. If you want a fabulous powder that is worth the money try Chanel Universalle Libre or Ben Nye Banana Powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by funnyblossom

I bit of background info: I wear Bobbi Brown foundation in shade 3 beige, I am 43 years old and have combination skin. This review is for shade 5 translucent. I stopped at the LaMer counter for the first time and after trying the soft cream (but that is another review..), I spotted this powder. I have worn this for the last 5 days - it is outstanding. I wore it all over my face for the first few times, but my partner noticed my forehead was too bright. I now wear it on my cheeks, chin, and top of my nose (I avoid the lower sides of my face and my forehead). In comparison with Dior Nude powder in 22, By Terry loose powder in 7 and Bobbi Brown (cant remember the number), this pretty much tops the chart. I apply it with a puff, pressing it in and after a few minutes, I buff it in with a brush. If you are over 35 , I urge you to go to a LaMer counter and try it. Go outside and check yourself in sunlight. I did it, I had a coffee and really tried to convince myself not to spend the money. But as I checked myself in the mirror 30min later - I just had to go back and get it. Update: Still loving it! If I overdo the application (all over the face) it may look ashy.. I just tap it on my cheekbones and center of face with velour puff and then buff it in with a kabuki.. lovely!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Savikins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this powder! I have it in translucent, and it makes my skin look beautiful, natural, and dewy. I apply it with the powder puff it comes with, and it sets my MAC studio fix foundation very well (I apply my foundation with a Kabuki brush). I even brush some underneath my eyes with my concealer brush, and it gives them a nice glow. This makeup makes me look positively ethereal!

I actually like the way it's packaged, and I can't think of a better way it would be packaged. It dispenses just enough of the product, without wasting much at all and more importantly, it keeps it from being contaminated with bacteria.

I've had the product for over a month now, and I've barely made a dent in it, even though I use it everyday. I can easily see myself having some left over after a year is up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

This is a beautiful, ultra-soft, ultra-fine textured face powder! And when I say ultra soft and fine, I mean you can stick your finger in it and not feel anything! It's almost ethereal! And the finish on your skin looks soft, satiny-matte and natural ... Like you have nothing on your skin - just naturally beautiful skin. So pretty and unlike any powder I have ever seen or used before. Definitely worth the extra $$$. With an oil absorbing foundation underneath, I don't need to touch up my oily t-zone very often during the day, and my skin looks perfectly natural and satiny ... not powdery. I use the color "Creme" and it's beautiful! The Translucent looked too shimmery for my taste, but the "Creme" is more of a matte-satin finish. Will purchase again!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 9:26:00 AM More reviews by DahliaLily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an very finely milled powder and as such gives an exceptional finish - light and airy smooth but good coverage. Because it is so finely milled and is loose the powder easily escapes the large holes in the container going up in the air and if you are standing over it - into your lungs. So for persons like myself with allergies and asthma watch out - stand back when using and use a puff and press into your skin and don't use a brush and get powder going in the air and your nose and lungs. Wish this came in pressed form! Only leave a few holes exposed when pulling off the sticker. I totally do NOT get the rave reviews about the translucent shade which is really white even for a ghostly pale girl like myself. The cream and even beige are really better colors and the cream works great for me.....beige on occasion. I also find that the puff application does get pieces stuck to certain areas as if clumping so make sure your skin is dry from all moisturizers and foundations before attempting to press powder in. It is a spectacular powder but with my asthma it did make me cough a bit. Had a huge coughing problem with Sonia Kashuks loose powder from Target years ago and had to stop using it. Will happn with finely milled powders in general if you are an allergic person. Love the powder though..........

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I geek out about loose powder; it's a sickness. I've tried countless. La Mer's powder is a legend, isn't it? Glamorous, cher in so many senses of the word. The good: the translucent has a lovely pinky iridescence; it is very finely milled and feels super silky; next to Suqqu, it feels the most luxe going on; it looks like dewy, pretty skin. It's a generous 25g so it's good to decant and split with like-minded friends even if you don't want to spend the money at one go. The bad: it does not last well under the stresses of heat and humidity. It's fine for my dry skin when the weather is mild but I'd worry that it would slide off oilies. I also think the packaging is clunky and ostentatious. Bottom line: It has a lovely finish, especially for photos, and an exceptionally smooth feel, but it's not the mainstay that KGD powder is for me, and I don't think I'll need a full size.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2012 11:14:00 AM More reviews by mixipixi

Wow - this powder is beautiful! It sets my tinted moisturizer and leaves such a nice glow. No cakey dry powdery look here! I use the puff it comes with (yeah its not the greatest but its not horrible) and I pat the powder on in a rolling motion and my makeup stays put all day. My skin looks great and flawless and even. I even use this powder over regular moisturizer on "no makeup" days and it makes my skin look so much better. The texture of the powder is just beautiful and it's very finely milled. It is expensive but you get a huge container of it that will last forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 3:32:00 AM More reviews by MARmaladeJay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Given the fact that I have been looking for a setting/powder-type 'foundation' to wear every day for the past two months and the products I have tried thus far, have stopped here. Keep in mind that I have tried NARS Loose Powder in Eden, Lancome's Translucence Mattifying Silky Pressed Powder in 350 Bisque, Giorgio Armani Micro-FIl Loose Powder in #02, and BareMinerals Original Mineral Veil, and Smashbox's 'Photo Set' Finishing Powder SPF 15. Of the 5 powders, BareMinerals came the closets next to La Mer's in terms of oil control, but La Mer's worked the best. I use the shade Neutral 02. I really wanted to like all of the powder I tried, but within an hour the other powders made me very oily.

La Mer with its finely milled texture is the only powder that has given me the oil control and at the same time allows my natural skin to 'glow' without looking greasy. It does contain very small shimmer particles, but it is not visible on the skin when applied. After all the trail and error, this 'Powder' is worth every penny.

I do need to touch up after 4-5 hours, which is fine with me. The only low rating I gave is the packaging. Obviously, it's way to bulky to carry around so I have a small container that I carry with me. The puff that is included is incredibly soft. I use it only to set my foundation, cream blushes, and concealers.

I do wear this alone on most days and I apply it with a buffing brush. It leaves a sheer coverage without looking cakey. I will definitely repurchase this.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by angelanggg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this in 05 translucent and used it for almost two months now. What i like about it is it gives the radiant yet subtle finish. and the powder is really really fine in texture (thanks to talc...) I don't really use the puff that came along, cause it doesn't look like it can do any magic. The oil control ability is just so-so, as my nose got oily after half day. (And given the packaging, for sure i won't bring that out for touch-up. For that I will grab my Jurlique Rose powder) Otherwise, I think it is a good product. As for the price, it is really not that expensive, as you will get a huge amount of product comparing to others in the market. I will considering buying that again (but i wonder if i will ever run out of it), cause it really embellishes my makeup vanity!