Flexitol Heel Balm

4.7

Water, urea, lanolin, cetearyl alcohol, mineral oil, glyceryl stearate, decyl oleate, PEG-20 stearate, paraffin, phenoxyethanol, sodium PCA, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), allantoin, centipeda cunninghamii extract, glycolic acid, panthenol, tocopheryl acetate, benzyl alcohol, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) oil, arginine, aloe vera gel, fragrance.

on 2/25/2013 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'll just say right out the gate - my feet have become a total mess. I used to get fairly regular pedicures that kept my feet looking semi normal. For the past few month, I've slacked off on just about every beauty front and, let me tell ya, no where is this more apparent than my feet. Now that I'm getting back into grooming like a normal human again, I knew I had to do something about my nasty heels. I bought this based on the user reviews here so, thanks all you gals before me!

To be honest, my feet in general are actually pretty good. No weird nail thing going on or "hammer time", if you will. The only real problem are my dry heels which seem to be getting worse as I get older (yay, old age!). First off, I live in a hard water area which is murder on skin in general. Second, I hate socks and slippers and tend to wear flip flops in my uncarpented house all the time. As cool as flip flops are, they're actually fairly hard on your feet after a while. I've tried doing the thick moisturizer/sock routine at bedtime but even sleep doesn't stop my hatred for socks. I end up pulling them off sometime during the night and frankly, no amount of lotion is going to help my sad soles.

As I said, I bought this based on the reviews here. When I got this last week, my feet were probably at their grossest. I'm talking thick layers of skin on my heels that catch on sheets, clothes and anything else. I have a smoothing file but honestly, those things are a bit of a joke. I ended up starting to pick at the skin and pulling it off which is as gross and painful as it sounds. I was tempted to try the Ped Egg but having shaved off layers of skin off my feet before, I wasn't too keen on limping around again. I've used this lotion as directed (one in the morning and once at night) and it has miraculously transformed my feet. Granted, they're not totally smooth because as I said above, my feet situation was pretty dire as of late, but my feet are actually beginning to resemble those of human being who hasn't been kicking flour around.

The only downside to this lotion is it's a bit sticky. Seriously, that's the only downside. I can deal with the smell or parabens or whatever else because this works. I'm thrilled I finally found something that does what it says it will and is under $10 (I believe I paid $5 for this). I'm also thrilled that this can be used only when it's needed. I plan on getting a long overdue pedicure in the near future and then using this as a preventive measure. If you're hesitating about buying this because of complaints about the smell or whatever else, don't - get this lotion. If it worked on my jurassic feet, it will certainly work on yours!

on 2/20/2013 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Updat: I recently purchased the diabetic version from drugstore.com. On the website the ingredients are different than those that appeared on the box when it arrived. Those on the box match the new version of Flexitol that does not work at all. I am very disappointed and doubt I will buy the product after I finish this tube.

According to a reviewer on Amazon, the original brand that worked so well is now the diabetic version. I then compared the ingredients of the diabetic version on drugstore.com with the ingredients of the original formula a previous user posted and they are almost identical. I bought the original version before I discovered this but plan to buy the diabetic version now. I don't have cracked heels, but do like to take care of my feet and keep them pretty and as soft as possible.

I tried everything under the sun to get rid of my dry and cracked heels and this is the only thing that has worked. I use it morning and night. Now my heels are so soft! I adore this! I've gone though so many tubes over the years.

on 9/12/2012 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I used most of this tube prior to my reawakening to using makeup and skin care in my late 50's, no less. I'm really enjoying it! Anyways, after several months of applying a pretty generic moisturizer to my feet every night (I liked the fresh smell), I dug this Flexitol out from the back of my nightstand drawer and what a difference! I've had it on for an hour or so and my feet really feel thoroughly moisturized. What's with the urea ingredient? Acts as an exfoliator? I'll have to see about that - not that it really matters. Not a bad odor; not a good odor. Maybe a slight industrial type of smell. It looks like wall putty but it working for me tonight.

on 6/3/2012 9:12:00 PM

I used this product for years then forgot about it, only to be reminded of it by the recent board activity here. Now I'm wondering why I ever stopped using it. My skin in general is normal, a lot of times I don't even moisturize my body because it just isn't necessary. My feet are a whole different story though. Even with monthly pedicures I still have to scrub, scrape, lotion and hope for the best. It's probably because I hate socks and wear sandals as long as the temperature is above 65 or so. Anyhoo, a generous dollop of this on each foot followed by socks worn just long enough for the balm to sink in leaves my feet looking normal instead of cracked and white with built up dry skin. The best part is it doesn't have to be done every.single.day for weeks in order to see/keep up with the results. Usually I remember to apply about 3 times a week. Application tip: I apply the balm directly to my feet and rub my feet together in order to spread it out. I find it really hard to get washed off of my hands and since the scent is fairly unpleasant I don't want it on them.

on 4/3/2012 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This was one of my first HG products! I cannot rave about it enough. I got my first tube @ Wal-Mart. I have Type 1 diabetes & it was in the diabetic supply area, along with other moisturizers aimed @ diabetics. Noticed a quick positive difference. A couple months later they stopped carrying it @ Wal-Mart. I checked 2 CVS's, 2 grocery stores, Ollies, & K-Mart. Couldn't find Flexitol anywhere. Ended up trying 2 or 3 more foot creams. Nothing came close to my Flexitol. Now I get it off of Amazon in 2 packs for around $13. I've done that a couple times now. It seems there's 2 different types/formulas. The tubes are different too. The more yellowish colored one works better than the white, IMO. But either is awesome.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is great stuff! I like to sleep once a week with something moisturizing on my heels, usually put socks on too, and this does the job just was well as Vaseline in the moisture department AND it looks like I went and had a pedicure, every time! No need for pulling out the razor when you use this stuff

on 10/20/2011 10:57:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

FANTASTIC. 5% more urea than Carmol 20, and cheaper to boot. Thick without being greasy, and it works like nobody's business. I massage a small dab into my cuticles at night, and it's the **only** thing that keeps them from cracking. This stuff is near-magical.

on 8/30/2011 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

The smell doesn't bother me, but even if it did, I wouldn't care. This is the only thing that works.

on 1/2/2011 12:56:00 PM

This stuff is the bomb! I've only used the original formulation, so I might be in trouble when it's time to repurchase. Anyway... I hate the way it smells, and can't wash it off of my hands fast enough after application, but no more biscuit heels...Hooray!!! My feet looked better after the first use, and great by the end of the week. Nothing else has ever worked like this. My foot routine is pretty low maintenance these days. I swipe my feet nightly with Strydex maximum strength medicated pads for exfoliation, and follow with Flexitol Heel Balm. My Ped Egg is collecting dust. I never need to use it anymore.

Top Rated Flexitol Products