October 23, 2014 | 1890 users online

Liquid - Becca - Luminous Skin Color sheer foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Labeled as a foundation, but really it's more of a tinted moisturizer as the coverage is very sheer and it has an SPF of 25. I have it in "Olive" which matches my skintone perfectly - it's very neutral for light to medium skintones, but it has just enough yellow tones to it to counteract any redness and give my skin a more polished look. I love that the color stays true throughout the day even in hot humid weather.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2012 7:20:00 AM More reviews by Nuppu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

Great for weekends when you don`t need/ want full coverage and great for mature skin well because many say that you look better w/o a very powdery "you can see me wearing fndn look":). ID totally agree:) I only need to even skintone and some redness. Does amazing job especially if I use Dior Radiant Base under to even skintone even more.
I need more coverage on my nose and after trial and error Diorskin loose mineral looks good all over and for more coverage on nose-redness I put some Revlon Colourstay mineral fndn instead. f.e. Finally found some usage for that! It looks very naturally glowy so I don`t want to loose that by applying too much powder on top. This beats many Tms that I have tried.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 9:12:00 AM More reviews by browneyessmiles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm NC20-25 and I use Nars TM in Alaska / powder foundation in Fiji and I'm very yellow toned. I have this in Camel and it is a great color match for me. I do love this product, but must prefice this review by saying that the coverage from this is fairly light. I personally don't mind that. I also really like that it has SPF25. This goes on really well and the packaging is simple and classy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Redhairedbombshell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is HG status for me. Let me tell you about my skin. It sucks. Seriously. Nothing is worse than dealing with my pores, my super oily skin (give foundations three minutes, poof, they're gone), my red skin and acne prone skin, basically... it's a nightmare waiting to happen. PLUS, every foundation I tried OXIDIZES like you wouldn't believe (oompah loompah anyone?)

At the recommendation of the ladies on the MU Board, I tried Becca LSC in Sand (I'm NC 25-30 for reference), and I live near the beach. So I finally, after having thrown out tons of $$ on foundations, gave up and tried this Becca Foundation. It's not a miracle worker. However, this combined with the primer actually even out my skin tone (YAY), is sheer but pigmented enough to even my skin tone out (YAY), doesn't really control oil (the primer does a good job of that though) LOOKS natural (YAY) and most of all... THIS DOESNT OXIDIZE ON ME!!! That's the selling point.

What's amazing is when I wear it, I always get complimented about how pretty my skin is. I love it. I love this stuff. Seriously. I can never thank the ladies of the MU board enough for recommending this!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2012 9:18:00 AM More reviews by kefb

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been hunting for ages for a sheer foundation to use daily - something that's a little more than a tinted moisturiser but a lot less than other "sheers" in leading brands (e.g. Chanel, Chantecaiile, Nars, Bobby Brown, Barbara Daly, L;Oreal) that I've tried. Having tipped 50, I even bought a book that helps you update your makeup (how sad is that?!) so you don't fall into a time-warp trap. (I'm just at that stage where everyone's needs have to come before mine, so the sensible option to take myself off to the best department store simply doesn't work.)

The book recommended a sheer foundation by YSL but happily I remembered a girl's BF and sought counsel of MUA. Here I found Becca, went on line, bought this (in Nude) together with Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal - and I couldn't be happier! Lightly dusted with Barbara Daily ultra sheer loose powder and I have a look that's dewy, never cakes into lines, doesn't even break out into a shine much and stays throughout the day.

I don't have perfect skin at all. I have slightly oily skin with the odd spot-scar from teenage years, and a couple of small blotchy bits. But I hate the made up Barbie doll look with a vengeance, and this is just lovely.

A big thank you to all those who bothered to review it before me.

13 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by cheeky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this along with the stick foundation. I'm NC10-15, and got this in sand. This product has a definite smell, it doesn't bother me but I can see it bothering those with more sensitive noses. The coverage of this foundation leaves a lot to be desired for someone wanting medium to full coverage like myself. I'd compare it to a tinted moisturizer, or even a light bb cream. It feels tacky going on the skin, and doesn't really dry. It looks greasy on my face later on in the day, even when set with a powder. I feel it doesn't really do much as far as evening out my skin tone, or making the texture look better. I do like the color match, and wear it under foundation on days I want more coverage. If you have overall clear skin, this might be an HG product for you. But with my freckles and acne scars, it leaves a lot to be desired.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by jadorelechoc

This beats any tinted moisturiser or crappy BB cream on the market.
Lovely gel-like texture, subtle scent, works really well at unifying one's skintone (and I do have acne prone skin which leaves me with pigmentation that does not go away too fast and it does show on my NC18-20 skin) and works really well when you topically layer high coverage concealer on your problematic areas. It sinks in after a little while, stays put throughout the day and feels very nourishing (don't translate that as "not suitable for oily/combination skin types", because I do fall under this category and it works beautifully).

I have it in shades Cashmere & Nude and both work wonderfully for my skin in the winter, as well as in shades Olive & Tan for the summer when, being located in Greece, I am significantly darker, every year without fail. I know that 4 bottles (5, if you count my extra Cashmere backup bottle :pp ) of the same foundation is excessive, but I went a bit crazy when Becca decided to pull out of Europe and I could snatch this up at half price online.

The packaging is sturdy and pretty and their colour selection is amazing. It does come with a hefty price tag but, in my world, it is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Petunia1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love this foundation! In order to feel such a way about this product, you need to know how to apply it to get the best results.

I have combination skin, so I wash my face and completely skip moisturizer. First, I ALWAYS use a primer; preferably Hourglass Primer. After the primer sets, I apply MAC Pro Longwear Concealer (NC20) around my nose, chin, under my eyes, and on any blemishes. NC20 is lighter than my normal complexion, but I do that intentionally to brighten my face. That's also why it's important to apply it under the foundation. Also, that concealer is medium to full coverage so it covers any issues I might have on my skin that the sheer foundation wouldn't cover. Next, I apply the Becca Foundation in "Olive." I use a synthetic foundation brush to apply this. The synthetic foundation brush won't absorb extra product like a natural hair brush would do, so you get maximum coverage on your face. I then apply BECCA Beach Tint in "Grapefruit" and then set it with MAC Blot Powder in "Medium/Dark."

With this method, I get a flawless finish but I don't look like I'm wearing makeup. That's really the whole point of the BECCA brand :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Moopeh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

Becca LSC provided gave me sheer very dewy coverage in a perfect colour match. It didn't highlight my dry spots and with powder on top, lasts all day.

I use Olive and Bamboo depending on the time of year. I range from nc35 (winter) to nc42 (deep tan).

My Skin and Expectations.
When you have a hard to match skintone the elusive pull of Becca products can be a strong but expensive endevour. I paid a lot of money for Becca products (shipping and duties)

I have acne prone combination skin. A very oily T zone and very dry cheeks. I get flakes sometimes, I get blackheads, I have large pores, my skin is not a smooth canvas. I also have hyperpigmentation scars and unevenness in my skin. I wanted this to even out and make my face look smooth but i never expected it to cover scars.

It did just that! I have this with the Becca Powders, and honestly just LSC and the powder can make a lovely no makeup makeup base. The loose powder can look cakey when layered, but it's a really lovely TM.

If you have trouble with skin texture (fine lines, pores, flakes, bumps) This product will help smooth them out and won't highlight unevenness. I LOVE this aspect of the product because most foundations highlight my awful skin texture and in the end, I look aged flakey and bumpy (Nars sheer glow, SFF).

Cons
Without powder, this look greasy on my nose after a few hours and starts to fade. I need more coverage on my scars and to make my face flawless. I have dark patches and clusters of scars, I also have redness around my nose, this doesn't cover any of it. This is in NOT a stand alone product unless you have amazing skin.

This also has a lot of emollients in it and I always use an oil based cleanser (Pond's cold cream) to take it off at night, followed by a gentle cleanser (my fav is avene) to cleanse the skin. If you don't use an oil based cleanser this will leave residue on the skin and some of it's lest stellar ingredients (isopropyl myrastate) can easily cause breakouts.

If you have breakout prone, combination or oily skin, and you pair this with a sunscreen with oil in it, or a moisturizer with lots of oil, you are begging for a breakout.

Packaging

I think the Packaging is cute. I like that I can see how much is left, the pump dispenses a good amount. However it is cheap. Drop the bottle one and chances are the cap will break. I have several Becca products with this cap and half of them are chipped or cracked. One has the silver spaceship top missing. Becca, make a better cap, you charge an arm and a leg for a small amount of product.

Would I buy it again? If money was not a factor yes I would, the finish is dewy and glowy and lovely, especially for winter, however I'm exploring cheaper alternatives.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by SophieH

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

UPDATE: For some ineffable reason, I purchased this product (in Sand, then exchanged for Cashmere) and I have to say my opinion about it has not changed. 1) The ingredients I listed below are indeed those in the current formulation. The current formulation *does* contain Avobenzone + Octinoxate with no stabilizers, which makes it, in theory at least, a crappy sunscreen. 2) This covers nothing, nada, zero, zip. In fact, I can't even tell where I've applied it and where I haven't, because it literally looks like nothing on my skin and changes nothing about my skin. 3) I maintain that the color range is too yellow. The only truly cool color for light-skinned women is the Porcelain, which is way too light for most of us. Cashmere, the second coolest color in the light group, is really more of a neutral. The other supposed "neutrals" starting with Sand are really yellow. I owned Sand for awhile and it made me look jaundiced although I'm not even that pink. 3) Trying desperately to make myself like this product, I went ahead and "invested" (ugh) in a Becca #58 foundation/concealer brush to apply this with, plus the Becca Resurfacing Primer, the Stick Foundation, the Compact Concealer, and the Fine Loose Powder. All together, they look fine, if a little yellow (there aren't really any light cool shades in the Stick Foundation or Compact Concealer, either). However, in no way is the result any more remarkable than what I can get in *one* step from UD Naked Skin, NARS Sheer Glow, or Ellis Faas Skin Veil....or MUFE Full Cover Concealer, for that matter. All of the above are both more natural and more flawless than the Becca result, at least for me...and God knows they are quicker and cheaper (...yes, even you, Ellis Faas).

Seeing the glowing MUA reviews for this product--and the general unrestrained love for Becca by everyone in the beauty community--makes me think I must be in a parallel universe, or missing a part of my brain, or woefully deceived by my makeup mirror, or something equally terrifying. I simply do *not* understand what people see in these products. They take a lot of time and energy and money to produce a result that is today commonplace. There may not have been any natural-looking, high-performance foundations on the market when Rebecca Morris Williams created her brand, but there are now and this "system" is not necessary.

~

This is not intended to be a full review of the product, as I do not own it and have only tested it out in the store. *However,* I will for sure not be buying it, and here is why.

--Color selection is actually not all that great. Most of the pale colors (Sand, Camel, Nude, and to a lesser extent Cashmere) are neutral to yellow. Cashmere was the coolest I could get, but it was too light for my skin. The next cool shade was far too dark. So if you're cool-toned but not ghostly fair (or you're usually fair but you want something to use in the summer), good luck finding a perfect match in this product.

--As others have said, this is not actually a foundation. In fact, it's not even a tinted moisturizer. It has far less coverage than most tinted moisturizers and BB creams, and way less than even the sheerest, lightest-coverage foundations. If you're wondering how much it will cover, the answer is zero. I'm not even convinced it does anything to even the skin tone or correct redness. It's basically a translucent highlighter/dewifier except that it comes in skin colors rather than highlighter colors.

I guess I just don't get it. Why add foundation-looking makeup to your face when it's not going to do anything about your imperfections? If you don't have any imperfections, then why not go bare? If you do have imperfections, there are foundations, tinted moisturizers, and BB creams that look beautifully natural and actually cover them. Apologies to all the die-hard Becca fans, but this makes no sense.

--The ingredients are so good that I could see using this as one's daily moisturizer. (Note: I don't know if this has been reformulated or what, but the ingredients on my bottle were different from those on the Becca website. I'll post the ingredients that were on my bottle below.)

HOWEVER, the sunscreen is terrible. Never mind PPD or SPF; this sunscreen is horribly photounstable. Its active ingredients are Homosalate, Avobenzone, and Octinoxate (!), which is a horrible combination that will provide extremely short-lived protection (think 2 hours or less). You'd think Aussies would know their sunscreen. It's possible that the formula has been changed and the sunscreen ingredients are now better, but I haven't been able to find any online ingredient listing that includes the sunscreen actives. Even Becca's own website omits them altogether. Bad, bad, bad!

Aqua (Water), Propylene Glycol, Homosalate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (Avobenzone), Triethanolamine, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, Persea Gratissima Oil Unsaponifiables (Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables), Kaolin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Phenoxyethanol, Cocoglycerides, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Methylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Panthenol, Allantoin, Ethylparaben, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Propylparaben, Cetyl Palmitate, Cetearyl Alcohol, BHT, Sodium Benzoate, Fructose, Glycine, Inositol, Lactic Acid, Niacinamide, Urea, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Parfum (Fragrance) and may contain: [+/- Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Ultramarines CI 77007, Red 36 CI 12085, Red 7 CI 15850]

12 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No