Becca Luminous Skin Color sheer foundation

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Propylene Glycol, Homosalate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, Persea Gratissima (Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables), Talc, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Myristate, Kaolin, Cocoglycerides, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Allantoin, Panthenol, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Palmitate, Glycine, Fructose, Urea, Niacinamide, Inositol, Sodium Benzoate, Lactic Acid, Parfum. May contain: Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Ultramarines CI 77007, Red 36 CI 12085, Red 7 CI 15850.

on 2/27/2013 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I tend to gravitate towards sheer foundations that have a natural finish and look like skin. I had read about Luminous Skin and decided to give it a go. Immediately I noticed the huge shade range on Becca's site. There is also a helpful chart that divides the foundations, concealers, and powders into depth and undertone to help you select the correct shade. I also like Becca's theory on foundation and found it similar to my own. In a nutshell, they say that you should use a very sheer foundation all over, then conceal as needed, and set with powder. In my experience this looks far better than slapping a full coverage foundation on all over. I also like that you get 1.7 oz (as opposed to the traditional 1 oz size of most foundations).

Packaging
The packaging is a nice pump that allows you to adjust the amount you want (meaning it doesn't squirt out a huge amount if you press gently). Like other Becca products, the packaging is sleek and minimal which I love. I really hate bulky, overdone packaging (like Benefit) to this is right up my alley.

Color
I range from NC15-35 in MAC but am more olive and less yellow than a true NC. Because my skin tone changes throughout the year I buy two shades of most foundations that I buy: one that matches me at my palest and one that matches me at my darkest. I read that the yellow shades in Becca were extremely yellow and that the neutrals leaned yellow but not extremely so. I ordered Nude and Olive to mix as needed. Nude is about and NC20 and Olive is around an NC30/35.

Texture, Coverage, and Finish
When I tried Luminous Skin I immediately liked it. It's very sheer with a dewy finish. It does smell like sunscreen but I quite like that. I prefer applying this with fingers rather than a brush because of the thin consistency and like to use it along with the Becca stick foundation (on red areas) and their Fine Loose Setting Powder.

Staying Power
Despite this being dewy I find it lasts well on my combination skin even in 100°F heat. It lasts about 8 hours on me but I need to blot about halfway through the day.

In a Nutshell...
This is a great foundation if you don't need or want much coverage and you like a dewy finish.

on 2/11/2013 5:02:00 AM

I have this in the colour tan, and love this for a basic everyday makeup look - I hate the feeling of heavy foundation especially just during the day and this is just enough colour and coverage to keep me comfortable and even out my skin tone. The shades are really forgiving as they're so sheer so you can afford to go a bit darker to tan up the skin a bit. Also smells amazing! Worth the money as a bottle lasts several months. Best TM I've tried.

on 1/27/2013 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Labeled as a foundation, but really it's more of a tinted moisturizer as the coverage is very sheer and it has an SPF of 25. I have it in "Olive" which matches my skintone perfectly - it's very neutral for light to medium skintones, but it has just enough yellow tones to it to counteract any redness and give my skin a more polished look. I love that the color stays true throughout the day even in hot humid weather.

on 12/27/2012 7:20:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Great for weekends when you don`t need/ want full coverage and great for mature skin well because many say that you look better w/o a very powdery "you can see me wearing fndn look":). ID totally agree:) I only need to even skintone and some redness. Does amazing job especially if I use Dior Radiant Base under to even skintone even more.
I need more coverage on my nose and after trial and error Diorskin loose mineral looks good all over and for more coverage on nose-redness I put some Revlon Colourstay mineral fndn instead. f.e. Finally found some usage for that! It looks very naturally glowy so I don`t want to loose that by applying too much powder on top. This beats many Tms that I have tried.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm NC20-25 and I use Nars TM in Alaska / powder foundation in Fiji and I'm very yellow toned. I have this in Camel and it is a great color match for me. I do love this product, but must prefice this review by saying that the coverage from this is fairly light. I personally don't mind that. I also really like that it has SPF25. This goes on really well and the packaging is simple and classy.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is HG status for me. Let me tell you about my skin. It sucks. Seriously. Nothing is worse than dealing with my pores, my super oily skin (give foundations three minutes, poof, they're gone), my red skin and acne prone skin, basically... it's a nightmare waiting to happen. PLUS, every foundation I tried OXIDIZES like you wouldn't believe (oompah loompah anyone?)

At the recommendation of the ladies on the MU Board, I tried Becca LSC in Sand (I'm NC 25-30 for reference), and I live near the beach. So I finally, after having thrown out tons of $$ on foundations, gave up and tried this Becca Foundation. It's not a miracle worker. However, this combined with the primer actually even out my skin tone (YAY), is sheer but pigmented enough to even my skin tone out (YAY), doesn't really control oil (the primer does a good job of that though) LOOKS natural (YAY) and most of all... THIS DOESNT OXIDIZE ON ME!!! That's the selling point.

What's amazing is when I wear it, I always get complimented about how pretty my skin is. I love it. I love this stuff. Seriously. I can never thank the ladies of the MU board enough for recommending this!

on 9/18/2012 9:18:00 AM

I have been hunting for ages for a sheer foundation to use daily - something that's a little more than a tinted moisturiser but a lot less than other "sheers" in leading brands (e.g. Chanel, Chantecaiile, Nars, Bobby Brown, Barbara Daly, L;Oreal) that I've tried. Having tipped 50, I even bought a book that helps you update your makeup (how sad is that?!) so you don't fall into a time-warp trap. (I'm just at that stage where everyone's needs have to come before mine, so the sensible option to take myself off to the best department store simply doesn't work.)

The book recommended a sheer foundation by YSL but happily I remembered a girl's BF and sought counsel of MUA. Here I found Becca, went on line, bought this (in Nude) together with Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal - and I couldn't be happier! Lightly dusted with Barbara Daily ultra sheer loose powder and I have a look that's dewy, never cakes into lines, doesn't even break out into a shine much and stays throughout the day.

I don't have perfect skin at all. I have slightly oily skin with the odd spot-scar from teenage years, and a couple of small blotchy bits. But I hate the made up Barbie doll look with a vengeance, and this is just lovely.

A big thank you to all those who bothered to review it before me.

on 9/16/2012 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I purchased this along with the stick foundation. I'm NC10-15, and got this in sand. This product has a definite smell, it doesn't bother me but I can see it bothering those with more sensitive noses. The coverage of this foundation leaves a lot to be desired for someone wanting medium to full coverage like myself. I'd compare it to a tinted moisturizer, or even a light bb cream. It feels tacky going on the skin, and doesn't really dry. It looks greasy on my face later on in the day, even when set with a powder. I feel it doesn't really do much as far as evening out my skin tone, or making the texture look better. I do like the color match, and wear it under foundation on days I want more coverage. If you have overall clear skin, this might be an HG product for you. But with my freckles and acne scars, it leaves a lot to be desired.

on 9/2/2012 10:24:00 AM

This beats any tinted moisturiser or crappy BB cream on the market.
Lovely gel-like texture, subtle scent, works really well at unifying one's skintone (and I do have acne prone skin which leaves me with pigmentation that does not go away too fast and it does show on my NC18-20 skin) and works really well when you topically layer high coverage concealer on your problematic areas. It sinks in after a little while, stays put throughout the day and feels very nourishing (don't translate that as "not suitable for oily/combination skin types", because I do fall under this category and it works beautifully).

I have it in shades Cashmere & Nude and both work wonderfully for my skin in the winter, as well as in shades Olive & Tan for the summer when, being located in Greece, I am significantly darker, every year without fail. I know that 4 bottles (5, if you count my extra Cashmere backup bottle :pp ) of the same foundation is excessive, but I went a bit crazy when Becca decided to pull out of Europe and I could snatch this up at half price online.

The packaging is sturdy and pretty and their colour selection is amazing. It does come with a hefty price tag but, in my world, it is worth it.

on 8/28/2012 10:49:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really love this foundation! In order to feel such a way about this product, you need to know how to apply it to get the best results.

I have combination skin, so I wash my face and completely skip moisturizer. First, I ALWAYS use a primer; preferably Hourglass Primer. After the primer sets, I apply MAC Pro Longwear Concealer (NC20) around my nose, chin, under my eyes, and on any blemishes. NC20 is lighter than my normal complexion, but I do that intentionally to brighten my face. That's also why it's important to apply it under the foundation. Also, that concealer is medium to full coverage so it covers any issues I might have on my skin that the sheer foundation wouldn't cover. Next, I apply the Becca Foundation in "Olive." I use a synthetic foundation brush to apply this. The synthetic foundation brush won't absorb extra product like a natural hair brush would do, so you get maximum coverage on your face. I then apply BECCA Beach Tint in "Grapefruit" and then set it with MAC Blot Powder in "Medium/Dark."

With this method, I get a flawless finish but I don't look like I'm wearing makeup. That's really the whole point of the BECCA brand :)