November 26, 2014 | 1468 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Exact Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by lcwoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my go to mascara. I have tried soo many mascaras and none holds a curl like this one.. I have stick straight short asian lashes. This defines, separates, volumizes and holds curl. Lashes look natural - not spidery...so if you want super thick, dramatic lashes - this may not be for you. It doesn't flake or smudge.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by xjayle

This is a great waterproof mascara. It doesn't smudge or come off at all. The brush is a little weird & leads to a couple of clumps. But it's still a pretty good mascara.

Even though it's waterproof, I don't recommend wearing it swimming though. It will smudge.. But either way, it's great. I recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Spamstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This ranks right up there with one of the worst mascaras I've used. What a clumpy, globby, icky mess! It ended up under my eyes, on top of my eyelid, and it made my lashes stick together. WTH???

I keep trying Cover Girl mascaras....WHY?? WHYYYYY??? Try Jordana Lash Extreme: $3 and it makes this stuff look like motor oil!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by cewkittylover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Based off of reviews on MakeupAlley, I purchased Cover Girl's Lash Exact Waterproof and Maybelline's Full 'N Soft Waterproof for a direct comparison. I wanted a product that didn't give me raccoon eyes.

I loved the sturdy wand and how the brush kept my lashes apart without clumping.

Clumps? - no
Defining? - yes
Flakes? - no
Raccoon Eyes? - no
Lasting? - yes
Voluminous? - yes

I threw away my Full 'N Soft and kept my Lash Exact.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by pec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Applicator:
Rubber bristles. This style of applicator evenly coats your lashes, as well as define & separate enough during application that you don't need to comb afterwards. I haven't used a mascara with a traditional brush wand since I tried rubber bristles, as I find they just clump chunks of lashes together and require lots of combing to separate.

Easy to Hold:
Yes. The grip on the wand isn't too fat or awkwardly shaped, and is made of a shiny plastic that isn't slippery so is easy to hold on to. The wand isn't as long and thin as some mascaras (eg Maybelline Define-A-Lash) so it's comfortable to use.

Easy to Use:
Yes. The stopper in the tube scrapes off enough mascara so you don't end up with an applicator that is goopy with too much product and requires wiping or blotting. The applicator is slim enough that you can get right to the root of your lashes (both top and bottom) without accidentally smearing mascara on your eyelid, waterlines or lashlines. The tapered tip lets you get right to your tiny inner corner lashes, all of the bottom lashes, and coat any lashes that were missed at the outer corner. It is also very easy to scrape extra mascara off the tip so you don't weigh down your inner lashes.

Lashes Achieved:
Natural; Darkened & Defined; Darkened & Volumised. A light application will give you feathery natural looking lashes, 1 or 2 more coats will darken & define, many more coats will darken & volumise. Doesn't add much length.

Buildable:
Yes. You can apply several layers to build up extra definition or volume without clumping, spidery lashes, or too much mascara on the lash tips.

Holds a Curl:
As it is waterproof, yes.

Flakes/Smudges:
As it is waterproof, no. Though if your lashes get wet (tears, rain or swimming) you will lose the feathery/defined look and have clumpy chunks of lashes.

Formula/Consistency:
Perfect - not too wet or dry. You can use the mascara straight away without having to wait a few days or weeks for it to dry out to a manageable consistency.

Perfect For:
Makeup or mascara beginners; someone who wants a versatile mascara that can achieve both natural and dramatic looks with just the 1 product; someone who needs a truly waterproof formula.

Recommended:
YES. TO EVERYONE.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by blu3

I love this mascara. It does exactly what it says it will do. Define each lash. If you want volume, if you want length, this is not your mascara. I love this because I use it in combination with another mascara. I will apply this first which separates my lashes. Then I will apply another mascara for volume and won't get that clumping that I ALWAYS get with volumizing mascaras. Sometimes I wear this on it's own just to define my lashes a little (on days where I want a very natural look). I have never noticed any smudging. It is indeed waterproof (pretty hard to take off). I have to soak a cotton pad with my eye makeup remover and just hold it on my eye to kind of melt away the mascara and take it off. that's how well it stays on! I've recommended this to several of my friends who either don't need volume or length...or like me, have clumping problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Dragonlady76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara because as a contact lens wearer it does not irritate my sensitive eyes and it's waterproof to boot.
The staying power is great and it does hold a curl.
I have naturally long and thick eyelashes that are hard to curl since they tend to want to clump at the ends when I apply mascara so it really does hold a curl well, but I do use a metal eye comb to remove any clumps and to separate the lashes.
I do not notice any color transfer for the first few hours of wear and I live in humid central Florida, but by night time I can see a hint of transfer but that's after at least 9 hours of wear and only on the waterline area and I apply mascara there as well so that's pretty good to me.
The price makes it affordable and as long as my eyes stay happy I'm happy and I will keep buying it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

I picked this mascara up because of the small brush for my bottom lashes. Its a great mascara because it holds the curl and is waterproof. Doesn't smudge or flake but its more of a natural look, thats why I only apply it to the bottom lashes and I use the lash blast waterproof mascara for my top lashes for the dramatic look. Overall, this is completely waterproof and provides a natural look!

EDIT: it's been about 100 degrees everyday here in CA and I've seen some smudging on the edges of my eyes :( had to take a lippie off D:

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by ElectricBluee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG.
I never thought I would love this so much. In fact, I didn't even know it existed. I just happen to run into Walgreens on a desperate hunt for any random waterproof mascara and picked this baby up for about 7 bucks or so. I got home, put it on, and fell in love.

I have pretty short, straight lashes that are a brownish black color. Individually, they're pretty thin but I have A LOT so it gives the illusion of fullness. This mascara separates and defines BEAUTIFULLY and leaves them super black. It also holds curl really well if you apply a few coats. This definitely isn't great for volume, but that's not what its advertised to do (my biggest pet peeve: when people whine about lack of volume in a mascara specifically targeted in length/definition). However, this baby defines like no other. You can see every lash I have!

I love the brush. It's fairly small and has short plastic-ee bristles the grab every lash at the base and coats them in a perfect amount of product. The brush allows you to get in every corner of your eye as well. When first purchased, the formula is a little wet but I can manage. Eventually it dries out a little and turns into the perfect consistency; not too wet and not too dry. I also find that if you apply one or two coats, it really doesn't clump but any more than that it will clump a little at the ends and such.

As for the waterproofness of this mascara, it's not wonderful. Yes, it won't smear or smudge if you cry and such, but when I swim with this, it has a tendency to transfer to my undereye area, leaving it looking grey and dull. But that's ok, because I have the Maybelline mega-plush in waterproof and its staying power is fantastic. It does however provide enough waterproofness to hold curl really well.

Overall, an amazing mascara and is currently my HG. Good luck!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 9:21:00 AM More reviews by kngfrank

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I haven't tried too many mascaras but this is my favorite so far. I have pretty good lashes, so this defined them but looked very natural. It didn't clump at all and I love the small wand.