December 21, 2014 | 1884 users online

Treatments (Face) - Neutrogena - Rapid Clear Pads

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are not bad. I was searching in Walgreens for something to take care of clogged pores and picked up a jar of this. Each pad is thin and soaked with product. I concentrate on areas like my forehead and chin. It does a great job of cleaning out my pores and reducing acne, though don't expect anything drastic. There is a strong initial whiff of alcohol which eventually becomes muted and doesn't bother my nose or eyes. It also doesn't aggravate my sensitive but oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by tiffani1001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is hell for pimples. It works SO good. I don't have full-blown acne, but I do have oily skin and do tend to get pimples on my chin area from time to time. It is slightly drying, which is fine for me with oily skin, however I do use a moisturizer as well. This stuff has kept my skin clear. HG without a doubt.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 11:27:00 AM More reviews by melkiser07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The convenience factor is HUGE. My skin has been pretty clear since using these, and I think part of the reason is that it's so easy to be consistent and use them morning and night (and wow I'm always surprised at how much stuff accumulates on the pad that was apparently just sitting on top of my skin before!). Only thing missing is pore minimization, but I guess you can't have everything in one product (probably since part of the point is cleaning the pores and that conflicts a bit with minimizing them).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Sharyg1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

So my sister introduced me to these. She's always had pretty clear skin, with an ocacional break out, maybe around that time of the month, but she was never really acne prone (like me). All of a suden, she was covered in cystic acne. Huge pimples wich even left marks on her once beautiful clear skin. Needless to say, she was histerical about this. Tried every over the counter cream, lotion, you name it. Nothing worked. She had to go to the doctor and ended up using Retin-A. Wich is the only thing that worked, but at a $125 dollars a tube it was hefty. Not to mention it worked, but didn't clear it 100%.

Well, I don't know what possesed her one day and she decided to give these a try, eventhough nothing over the counter seemed to work. Well! what do you know. Not only did these work, but it worked better than the Retin-A. Even the marks went away. Having paid $125 bucks for the Retin-A, this was a steal.

She got me on them and they worked great for me as well. Although I didn't use them every night, every other night. I no longer used, because ever since I started to use organic jojoba oil as part of my cleansing routine, and under my moisturizer and mineral make up, I no longer break out. So I don't need them. But if I needed them for any reason, I would definitly get them again. They may not be for people with regualar, or dry skin. But if you have oily skin and/or problems with cystic acne, give these a try. You might be in for a nicce surprice.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by Leajer424

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I like these pads. Brought them with me to go out of town to use in leau of washing my face before bed bc i knew id be having a late night and sharing a bathroom. To my surprise my face was clearer after this routine so I decided to not wash and just use these w the Rapid Clear Lotion. My skin isn't perfect but there's a big difference in my usually moderate acne. People who say it broke them out have probably never used an SA product....it is a keratolytic...its going to bring stuff to the surface if u haven't been usingan SA, AHA, Retinol, or Tretinoin product regularly. Most acne products are like this and require PATIENCE.
I think possibly I'm sensitive to washes and apparently do better using astringent pads like these instead. I use at least a couple at a time and really saturate and make sure I get all my makeup off after rinsing in the shower.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2011 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Clover04750

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product because I needed a quick cleanser for mornings. I used it every morning and swore by it for about 5 days. Then I got my premenstrual break out. This is usually 1-2 spots. Unfortunately, this number increased to 4-5. I decided to trust the product and continue everywhere but the open acne. Once the acne wasn't open, I used the pads again and said pimples got infected. I stopped using the pads completely and my skin cleared. Thinking it was hormonal, I gave the pads one more try and hated them for sure in two days.

I dont know if it's because they're pads or the brand of them, but this does not work for me. I do not plan to use cleansing pads ever again after this. I will say that the sticky residue does prevent drying and this may work for others, but I wouldn't pass it to a friend...maybe an enemy lol

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by rachel03

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love these things. I don't have horrible acne, just the occasional breakout and these pads clear up my skin right away. The jar that they come in is amazing also. It dosn't leak and is very clean. Nice.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by aajb8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I get hormonal acne once a month, which consists of a pimple or 2 on my chin, so I bought this product to try to prevent it. The product seemed to be working at first, although a bit drying, which I expected. However, when that time of month came a few days after starting to use this product, I not only broke out with my normal chin zits...but several others on my forehead, around my nose, cheeks AND chin This is very atypical of my face. I continued to use this product hoping it would clear them up in "8 hours," and...wait for it...I broke out even more! Little bright red pimples everywhere! I stopped using this product immediately and all of my pimples went away quickly after.

This product not only did not work for me, but made my condition worse! I would try something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by smerch89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love this! I have extremely oily skin and I tend to break out when I least expect it. This, however, has helped me maintain a clear complexion. I replaced my toner with this and use one pad in the morning and one in the evening before my moisturizer. Great price, great packaging, great product and great results!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 3:01:00 AM More reviews by broadway0rbust

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I was having some serious hormonal and stress issues, I tried everything to clear up the pimples that were covering my forehead. Nothing worked. No exfoliator, no zit cream, nothing. Then I decided to try this stuff. I heard some positive things about salicylic acid and acne, so I figured, why not? I tried just about everything else, what would another $6 be? So I tried it, and after my first day of using it, my forehead stopped growing those zits! I used the pads religiously until my acne cleared up. Then, once they were gone, I used them every other night. Now, I use them on an as-needed basis. This stuff never fails me. I LOVE it. I hope they never discontinue this!