La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Extract, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Ecalyptus) Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Heliuanthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Glyconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Paraffin, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance (Parfum)

on 4/16/2015 7:38:00 AM

This moisturizing cream is over hyped. It not better than other moisturizers. For the how expensive it is it contains chemical byproducts, minerals oil, silicone,other chemical and irritants. The brand Nivea Uk and Asia version has a face cream that is $ the $$$ price that is a close dupe in ingredients to this cream. Some times more expensive doesn't mean works better is the ingredients and how your skin reacts to the product.
Just some side facts mineral oil(paraffinum liquidum), petrolatum and paraffin are basic cheap ingredients that are in most drug store and high end moisturizers. These ingredients are byproducts derived from petroleum which is a from of gasoline. They have same origins in fossils fuels. How these ingredients works is by locking moisture in the skin, mineral oil and silicons sits on the skinís surface like plastic rap and can potentially block pores. Your outer skin does eliminate toxins, sweat, and oil and absorbs moisture from the air. By blocking the pores it doesn't allow any oil, sweat or toxin to come out so it trapped underneath the skin which can cause clogged pores even breakouts

on 4/11/2015 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I'm shocked that people don't love La Mer. While I have extremely dry, fair skin, this product might not be for everyone who doesn't,

I love the way my skin looks and feels after applying Creme de la mer moisturizer. My skin glows and is hydrated beyond what I had in high school.

I fly a lot and new this is what the celebrities use when they fly and finally spent the money to try it. So worth it. Plus it smells incredible.

I am still on my first jar as I use it sparingly given the cost, but when I am extremely dry or am traveling, this is my go-to product. I only wish I could find something this good that wasn't quite as expensive.

on 4/9/2015 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

My legs are so dry they look like snake skin for practically my whole life. This stuff is the ONLY product that has actually smoothed them out moisturized them 100%. Unfortunately, with the mind-boggling price tag, I could NEVER afford to buy it. 😢 My daughter happened to buy it for herself and she didn't like the smell so she gave it to me. Otherwise I would have never had the opportunity to try and LOVE this stuff! 😩😩😩

on 4/8/2015 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

totally not convinced! a simple moisturizer.

on 3/28/2015 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I know many of you here think this is a total waste of money, maybe it is for some....but for me it worked like magic on my skin. I did go through a lot of creams during this winter before settling with this one...and I have done extensive research on the ingredients before buying this product. If anyone interested, check out my review on my blog: http://bit.ly/1GBzgK4 It is however way too intense for anything other than dry winter months.

on 3/26/2015 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was thoroughly disappointed having spent £700 on their products to discover there was very little substance to their products. The creams are a marketing ploy to lure customers in upon their gimmicky packaging, there is absolutely nothing that is of value, in their potions. They do nothing and they offer a very poor mixture of components that does nothing to improve skin's texture or its' appearance. All their products fail on the following :
enhancing skin's texture, infusing radiance, removal of fine lines, uneven skin tone and pigmentation, pore reduction, luminosity, nourishing the skin with essential oils and replenishing it. This creme is absolutely good for nothing, useless cream that has a hefty price tag and bogus packaging to lure you in so you feel special because you have bought an expensive product - this is merely the purpose it's serving, therefore avoid at all costs and invest in a £1 Nivea Cream which will bring you better result at a fraction of the price. I repeat - AVOID!

on 3/23/2015 3:57:00 PM

I don't understand the hype around this product. It's all MARKETING and nothing else.

Keep in mind that it's in a jar (read: anything good inside will break down when exposed to air and light and you're left with a jar of nothing). Not to mention that it's unsanitary to constantly be dipping into it again and again. The inclusion of essential oils also damages skin and makes it more sensitive to UV rays and can increase the speed of skin aging - the opposite of what it's MEANT to do.

There are WAY better options out there for much less money.

on 3/1/2015 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm in my 40's and have very dry skin. This works for me (even better than Aquaphor). I detest high-priced skin care, but I finally gave in to this because after trying many samples, it provides the deepest hydration I've experienced. If you don't have dry skin, save your money. This doesn't make my pores smaller, cause scars to fade, or remove wrinkles. It's very hydrating for my dry skin....that's it.

on 2/24/2015 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

So so glad I bought it! A pricey gamble, and I was hesitant because of all the very negative reviews. But even after the first application, my dry skin soaked it up and my face was only slightly tacky. My skin looked dewy, didn't feel tight anymore but felt soft instead. This is my third day and I can see slight improvement without the cream on my face. Skin is less crepey, less wrinkly, but lines are still there. I'll update this later.

One month later, using it only at night, I find my skin smooth, glowing, and lines less noticeable. In fact, the "11" lines have almost disappeared. Once my Thalgo is finished, I'm going to use it twice a day. I love it so much that I just bought the Eye Concentrate hoping for the same miracle.

on 2/22/2015 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this cream!! I'm 46 and my skin is very dry. I have gone through every organic line of skincare, brands like Skinceuticals and others via dermatologists and of course lancome, Shiseido, Estee etc... I have taken care of my skin since I was 18. This cream, for ME works wonders. It took away, my dry patches, redness, bumps and blotchy skin. I Also use La Mer SPF30 sunscreen every day rain, snow or shine. Sunscreen will always be your #1 age fighter. I will add that their sunscreen is not greasy and doesn't make my face look like a ghost. That being said, I'm proud of my youth and thankful I've always chosen to use high-end skincare and will never stop. I use the 3.4oz morning and night and it lasts me 6 months easy. You probably spend more than that on coffee lol. I don't and never have spent money on dermatologists or salon treatments. Just good skincare and sunscreen, that's all you'll ever need. Grow old with grace and don't let society make you feel that you must look a certain way to feel beautiful.

FYI, this is a cream for very dry skin. They do have face cream for oily, normal and combo as well. Keep that in mind when you try this as it's very emollient.

Popular Moisturizers