La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Extract, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Ecalyptus) Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Heliuanthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Glyconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Paraffin, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance (Parfum)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have been given this and I am someone who doesn't really have that much faith in most products, even the ones that are as highly lauded as this one. But I tried to be reasonable. Still, it didn't do ANYTHING close to, say, vaseline overnight after a lactic or glycolic peel. I want that GLOW, and this one did nothing like that. Only c and e ferulic acid consistently -- for the most part -- does that. NOT La Mer though. I also have the facewash, again, unimpressed.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Just an average moisturiser but 3 times the price. I have had better results with everyday moisturizers for about £20. Don't
waste your money

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Started using this about 15 years ago. I love this product, especially in the winter. I use it as directed by pressing it onto my skin after cleansing and toning. It is one of my jewels in my skin care arsenal. My go to for winter dryness.

I believe in the following products:

Cleansers:

Clientele Elastology Peptide Hydration Cream
Caudalie Divine Oil for Face

Eye Cream:
Clientele Firming Eye Cream

I don't normally write reviews, but I feel like I should start. I have no issue with the cost, as long as it delivers. I've tried brands from ultra high end to low, and this was less moisturizing than loreal. I don't understand the hype and would not repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product is perfect on me, even though the price is totally high. After I used this product, my face slowly gets better and better. I'm currently using this, and even though it takes quite a while until my rashes and spots fade away. My skin texture is very soft and baby smooth. I suggest using this product with other products like acne gels or any scar gels if you are having problem with your spots. I use this daily, and the result is very impressive. However, our skin type might be different, so your results might be different.

I still want try the gel, because this did nothing than make my skin shine and greasy. Too much expensive for no good results. I used it for about 5 months and decided stop and resale on internet for a half price... You can use Nivea that will have the same results.

for the price you pay for this product you should be able to see instant gratification , just a little to thick of a moisturizer

Definitely not worth the price..... It has a nice smell and it not horrible, but I honestly believe you could buy something that works better at the local drugstore. Also, it's INCREDIBLY thick and heavy. It sits on top of your skin forever. Has a waxy feel to it.
It'd probably be best suited to use during the Winter for extremely dry skin.
The price is the reason I could never recommend this to anyone. This feels like $10-20 jar of creme for $100.

thank goodness i receiced this as a gift. was not a miracle product. it was thick and hard in the jar and iused my finger tips to soften the product. it was hard to spread, perhaps mine was a 'dud'. felt like sorbolene cream + nivea moisturiser. Not worth the hype and one lippie because of the price! will not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Nothing is going to replace my beloved face oils as my primary moisturizers, ever.
But I do really like CDLM as a night cream. I've tested many, many creams from all over the price spectrum and found CDLM the best for my normal/dry skin.
It's thick, and rich, and a pain to apply. Yet it doesn't clog my pores. Never once got a pimple and I slather it over over a layer of face oils each night.
It hydrates and plumps my skin nicely. I can tell in the morning when I haven't used it the night before. Really helped through the initial stages of Retin-a, which were awful.
It works great as a hydrating barrier cream, sealing in whatever moisturizer or serum is beneath. It takes about 30 mins to fully absorb, not suitable for day use under make up, for me anyhow.

And last, what really helped sell me on repurchasing is its ability to hasten wound healing. From cuts/scrapes/scratches, lip waxing burns, redness, irritation and burning from Retin-a, etc. I use it on me, my child and my husband.
The cost is ludicrous, as is the back story. Is there something better for less money out there? I'm sure. But none of the options I've tried *thus far* have suited my specific needs better. I'll keep looking solely b/c the price is just crazy. I am not a fan of cream moisturizers, so I'm very picky and will absolutely stop using something if it doesn't completely fit. CDLM is the only cream I've repurchased.

If you're using a retinoid, recently had lasers or peel, sunburn, or if your skin is dry and getting older like mine, I do recommend. If you don't mind the price tag, of course. It's wise to get a sample first, nothing works for everyone.