La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Ingredients: Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Lime Extract, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesame Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesame Seeds, Alfalfa Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Powdered Almonds, [sodium, Potassium, Copper, Calcium, Duncecap, Magnesium, And Zinc Gluconate], Paraffin, Vitamin E Succinate, Niacin, Beta-carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat

on 2/16/2015 9:56:00 PM

I have been using the Gel for over 8 months now as the cream was always too heavy for my skin and made me breakout. At first it didn't feel like it was doing much to my skin or helping moisturise it but after using it for this long I have noticed a difference. My overall skin on my face is so smooth and soft and my red acne scars have faded. I've been trying to figure out why and then I realised it's because I use the gel daily only once in the daytime and it really helps balance out my skin. As expensive as it is that one pot has lasted me all this time but is almost running out so I will one hundred percent buy it again

on 2/11/2015 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have used La Mer for probably close to 20 years. I remember asking my husband to buy it for me as a birthday gift when I was in my twenties. Have used it every day since. Today I have almost no wrinkles, smooth even toned skin, and get compliments on my skin all the time. I'm sure this wonderful cream gets the credit for that, since it is the only thing I've used consistently for all these years. And I'm a former sun worshipper...beach, tanning beds, etc. but no one can believe I've ever spent one day in the sun.
I have tried over the years to find cheaper alternatives to La Mer and trust me, nothing comes close. Nothing moisturizes as well or gives me the glow I get with this. Its expensive but worth every penny, the proof is in my mirror.

on 2/4/2015 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

MEHHHHHH, omg meh. After trying a ton of moisturizers I decided to suck it up and try this. I got it at Nords cause I figured if i hated it they wouldn't hassle me about return (I was right)
First of all it broke me out, slightly, but still. Secondly it was a pain in the ass to smear on my face. in the mornings I really didn't feel like my skin felt or looked any better. There are other better creams for the same price and significantly less that I feel have moisturized my skin better. Again, MEH and trust me I really wanted to like it and for it to work.

on 1/25/2015 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Fresh, radiant cream. Quite rich, so only a tiny amount is needed. I would probably only recommend this to normal/dry skin types as it might be overstimulating for oiler skins. Beautiful packaging, and a lovely aesthetic around the brand. The only cons with this product is the price tag (major con!) & the fact that this cream has the exact same smell + texture as the original Nivea cream. I couldn't believe it! The original Nivea you can buy for a £1. All in all, nice cream, pretty basic, felt comfortable, nice if you feel like treating yourself, probably wouldn't buy again.

on 1/7/2015 11:08:00 PM

I got this product expecting it to be life changing. I was terribly shocked with how basic it was. I ended up using it on my legs because it was not as good as my loccitane moisturizer. The price is just ridiculous for what you get.

Would not recommend this to anyone.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

another edit of this review after falling out with La Mer. I persevered and it really is an amazing product, I'll definitely stick with it now. Diminished wrinkles, completely gets rid of redness and hydrates like nothing else. Brilliant. Give it time and you'll realize now amazing it really is.

on 12/9/2014 3:04:00 AM

I've been using this cream on and off, but not until recently I saw how it repaired my skin and gradually it became healthier day by day. Two months ago I went to a much colder place for a week and it caused my face to be flaky and dry no matter what I used. I put loads of moisturizers and oils but it was still very tight and uncomfortable throughout the day, even after I came back home. Then my sister reminded me to use La Mer and wow it really help my skin. Now it's back to normal and from now on I decided to use continuously for at least a week every month so that my skin can benefit from it but not cost too much fortune.

on 11/27/2014 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is by far the best moisturiser I've used. I have no bumps on my skin. My skin looks healthy and rejuvenated. I received compliment that I look much younger than my little brother and sister. So happy with the purchase. But what I don't understand is that people who list the ingredients found out that it is bad and not dated. I have tried so many up to date products eg. Lancome Visionnaire, Clinique Turnaround( recommended the best by Paula Begoun) Kiehl's & etc. But none came close to recovering my acne prone with scar skin as Creme De LaMer. Already bought the 60ml. Soo Happy to find my HG product.

on 11/12/2014 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. Last time I ran out I decided to try out some other moisturisers due to the price of this but have returned to this and will never use anything else again. My skin feels so soft, looks younger and glows. As soon as I used anything else my skin was prone to spots, dull and felt dry. I use it once a day and a small 30ml pot lasts me nearly 6 months. Their eye balm intense is also a must have for me.

on 10/9/2014 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am not a chemist or dermatologist, I'll freely admit I don't know a great deal about this sort of thing.
I was 'lucky' enough to be given a sample of this at the counter. It's not something I would ever desire to purchase, (the price is ludicrous), but I asked and was given a teeny little jar.
Here's what I do know: Mineral oil is an occlusive petroleum derivative. It absolutely does not penetrate the dermis. Rather, it sits on top of the skin, creating a barrier. Mineral oil is high in concentration in this creme. I suppose in a brutal, windy, dry winter this product may be ideal for protecting the skin, but not without real moisturization first. Honestly, I don't know that any of the 'good' ingredients in the product can even get to the skin through the mineral oil barrier?

It did nothing for me. At least not on my face. It sat on top of my skin and seemed to offer no benefits that I could discern. Smells wonderful to me, but that was it. I actually ended up using it as lip balm/dry patch balm. My skin prefers real moisturizers, like roséhip seed oil, argan oil, coconut oil, etc. For antioxidants and peptides - essential oils like carrot seed, clove, German chamomile, etc can be added to carrier oils or butters.