November 20, 2014 | 1801 users online

Moisturizers - Almay - Daily Moisturizer 3 for normal-combo skin with grape seed SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2007 7:32:00 PM More reviews by CurvyGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm on my second bottle of this, and I really like it. I think the "sunscreen" smell is pretty mild and goes away quickly. Compared to some other moisturizers I've tried, it's hardly noticeable. It has never made me break out, and I like that it comes in a pump container. Usually two pumps is all I need. I also like that it is relatively inexpensive and very available. Until I get bored and try something else, I'll be using this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2007 4:00:00 PM More reviews by steph_mark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i wasn't bothered by the smell of this product, but everything else made me HATE it. it broke me out like no other lotion i have ever put on my face and it took forever to absorb into my skin. i would never repurchase this. i'm sad that i spent about $10 to give myself painful pimples and then throw the product away. i had high hopes for this, especially since i need a good moisturizer with SPF, but this one was a supreme disappointment.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2007 3:23:00 AM More reviews by Koshenka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I didn't use this stuff for very long. Because of the smell! I like that it's fragrance free. But it smells like sunblock, and that scent does not dissipate with wear, it stays. I had a headache from the strong sunblock smell by the end of the day. After putting it on, it felt a little greasy and heavy. Around 4 hours later it finally soaked into my skin a little. I really wanted to like this moisturizer, but it's just not worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2007 2:03:00 PM More reviews by SuzieV

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. I think the reason this product does not make me break out is because the active SPF ingredient is Avobenzone as opposed to Zinc Oxide or Titanium Dioxide which are the active ingredients in most makeups/face sunscreens on the market these days. I wish I could find a tinted moisturizer with Avobenzone in it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2007 3:10:00 PM More reviews by kawiki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

THE STING!!! EEEK!!! As soon as I put this on my face it burned like I had put acid on it. And I do NOT have sensitive skin at all. I washed it off immediately, so I don't know about it's hydrating properties. My skin is combo/acne prone (not oily) and I have never had this problem with a moisturizer before. I might try it again, because none of the other reviewers seem to have had this problem. So I will let you know if there is any update.

UPDATE: I tried it again, and this time it didn't sting, but it tends to sting when your skin is a little raw, sunburnt, or dry that day. It seems to be breaking me out a bit too.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2007 4:05:00 PM More reviews by 2500

I have bought this only a couple days ago. Ever since my trip to a freinds house in the country side, i have been trying different frugstore products as oppossed to my fav high end brands.

This is one of the sunscreens i have tried and it's not extra-ordinary, but it is pretty good. It does have a sunscreen smell but it is very faint once you put it on. Doesn't leave a white cast and isn't oily.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2007 2:40:00 PM More reviews by ja988

I'm still unsure about this moisturizer. I currently use it in the morning and am put off by the strong sunscreen smell. My skin has started to break out a bit but it usually does this when switching products and will go away. We'll see what happens, I don't hate it but I don't really like it either. I just need to get used to drugstore brands again after splurging on Chanel skincare.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2007 4:09:00 PM More reviews by makeup4fancy

This is my second bottle now...... I do have combo skin and this one really works great for me. This is also one of the best drugstore moisturizers with SPF when using as a makeup primer -- it would not leave a white film like most other sunscreen... and would not become flaky when applying the following makeup, which is such a headache when you are using those containing physical sunscreens. A tiny bit of sunscreen smell but I don't mind at all. Would purchase it again!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2006 12:52:00 AM More reviews by katchakern2003

I have combination skin, with oiliness on forehead and nose, and dryness on cheeks and chin. The first thing that I don't like about this moisturizer is it's smell. It smells exactly like sunscreen, definitely not something I'd like to smell first thing in the morning when applying moisturizer. Also, I have sensitive skin prone to breakouts and redness. Somehow, on some days the moisturizer was unbearable to put on because my skin stung so bad. This happened especially ater swimming in chlorine water, even though I washed my face with cleanser before puttin on the moisturizer. Maybe it's the dryness? It also hasn't done that geat of a job with moisturizing my skin. I apply it all over my face before putting on my foundation powder makeup, and it looks fine. A couple of hours later, all my dry spots are revealed and my skin feels greasy. But maybe the greasiness part is not the moisturizer's fault. So for me, it wouldn't last more than a couple of hours, with or without makeup. The good thing about this product is that it's easy to use, the pump is convenient, and it's nicely priced. But as far as skin quality goes, I wouldn't try it unless I really wanted to. I'm about to try the Dove Sensitive Skin Facial Lotion for my skin soon. I have heard good things about it, and hope that the new product will fit my skin and be better than Almay.

If you don't have really dry or sensitive skin (no crusty patches, peeling, roughness, stinging), and don't mind the 'sunscreen' smell, go for it. But otherwise, I would suggest choosing a moisturizer that hydrates the skin more, is part of a 'sensitive line' and preferably smells good. Wish me luck!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2006 8:48:00 PM More reviews by shustikova

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried it after reading Paula's review in Sep/Oct issue. I like the lack of smell, great to have SPF15, loaded with antioxidants, but it makes my skin a little greasy espesially on a hot day, i wouldn't recommend it for oily skin type. It seems to be very similar to non-greasy sunscreen from Paula's Choice line.