November 23, 2014 | 1222 users online

Masks - Pur Minerals - Mineral Mudd Masque with Pascalite

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 7:44:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have a generous sample size of this product and it is very, very good. I would never use it all over my face - for me, it's way too strong for that - but I do apply to my nose and the area surrounding, where I am oilier and have larger pores. I'll often leave it on overnight. In the morning, my pores are almost invisible and that effect seems to last for a few days. It is hard to wash off - I soak with warm water and use a face cloth to help get off every trace (a dark face cloth is a good idea, though the residue does come out of light coloured ones in the wash). A great product, though those with sensitive or very dry skin might need to use a little caution.
UPDATE: (I should have done this ages ago) I purchased the full sized tube of this mask and I still love it. Great for warmer weather, when my t-zone gets oilier. This soaks up the excess oil and really seems to help clear "garbage" out of my pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 12:10:00 AM More reviews by nubfish

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product and when I'm out I will definately buy it again - actually i'm thinking about buying it soon because I lost it somewhere in my house...Ok so as other have mentioned pascalite is a mineral that used to (maybe even still is here and there) used to remove venom after a snake bite. I was a little skeptical becase i have used many masks and I like them but they just didn't pull all the stuff out my skin that I would have liked - and the strips (the biore ones or I guess other companies make versons of them) are somewhate effective but I feel bad about ripping away at my skin like that and honestly they are like $20 CAD or more and you ususally get like 14 strips... so they don't seem that cost effective especially because I have to use one for my forehead one for my nose, and one for my chin - So i tried out this mask and left on it for about 10-15 mins and it gets very dry and very tight as others have mentioned and i do find that it can get a bit itchy - I find the best thing to do is hop into the shower so that you can rinse it all off properly - after my skin felt so smooth and looked very radiant - obviously my pores were still there but they looked cleaner - as a test i took one of the strips and applied it to my nose the place i usually have the most blackheads/dirt when i ripped it off i it was essentially clean - meaning I didn't have any black heads to rip out - pretty awesome if i do say so myself - very happy with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by jubez

Holy cow...this stuff is amazing! I have been looking forever for a mask that does what it's supposed to do and have been disappointed by various brands. I walked into Shoppers today and the SA recommended this to me since it was her personal favorite. At first, I thought the whole pascalite idea was just a gimmick however I got home and tried it on my nose area. I have small blackheads which I have been trying to get rid of, and this did wonders! I applied a medium-thickness layer onto the area and let it sit for about 5-10 minutes. It started to get uncomfortably tight but it felt as though it was literally sucking out all the impurities in my skin. Rinsed it off and the area was much smoother and softer. Overall, I am a happy customer. The only thing I wish it came in was a tub, because it will be hard to squeeze out once it gets down to the last bit. This was $30CAN.

*Update* The only thing that it did was make my skin feel smoother however upon closer inspection in sunlight the blackheads were still there. I tried the DIY version of pore strips and that worked miracles. Sadly, this is going back.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 10:39:00 AM More reviews by fudgiesmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this mask!!! Much more effective than any others I have used. My face feels lighter after using it, as if the stuff clogging my pores was weighing me down. The instructions were kind of funny since they said to leave it on 2-30 minutes. I tried for 15 but only lasted about 8. It does feel like a vacuum being run over my face because it gets very tight and has almost a pulsating sensation. I figure I may have to work up to a longer period since I got such great results with even a short time.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2010 1:21:00 AM More reviews by beautyishealth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great product to use once a week to minimize the appearance of pores and deep clean your skin. It works amazingly! Clay masks are always good for oily skin because they draw the oil out. I have combination skin, but it wasn't too drying for me at all. It leaves my skin super soft and clean. I leave the mask on until it dries completely and starts to crack (about 10 minutes). Removing it is easy as long as you make your face very wet first. If you try to scrub it off while it is still dry, it will be difficult and painful. So soak your face completely and then gently wipe off with a wet face cloth. Finish with moisturizer so your skin doesn't dry out more. The only downside to this mask is that it contains strong fragrance. For that reason I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 11:40:00 AM More reviews by MissKrimson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best detoxifying/purifying mask! It contains pascalite which is an ingredient used many years ago to extract venom from a snake bite.... so imagine how good it is to remove blackheads and impurities! I would recommend to use it for 5-10mins MAX and not 30 as directed because it does dry fast and can be very difficult to remove!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2010 5:36:00 PM More reviews by harjotk

I bought this mask last week and it is amazing! I have blackheads on my nose which are very difficult to get rid of and large pores under my eyes. This has almost eliminated the blackheads and the pores are much smaller...after only one use!

I would definitely recommend this product to anyone with oily skin. The only downside was it dried the skin around my lips and became itchy after about 10 mins. The end result was completely worth it though! I would not use this on a weekly basis because it dries the skin, most likely once every few weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2010 12:46:00 AM More reviews by SzuSzu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great masque. A little hard to spread on evenly & it gets pretty uncomfortable when it dries (which is very quick) But your skin is super smooth after. Would definately buy it again

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by masutaichi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best thing about this product is how fast it dries. Only after a minute or two on my face, it was completely dry. This went on so smoothly and you actually felt this working on your face. As it dried, your skin felt like it was being stretched tight. It was extremely easy to remove with a cotton pad soaked with toner. Removing masks with toner prevents your skin from drying out. When I felt my face afterwards, it was super smooth and soft. I will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by exquis

Very nice product! Not a miracle but still does what it claims