October 31, 2014 | 785 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Bb Shine

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2010 11:57:00 AM More reviews by LucyHayes

I brought this product much on an impulse buy. The beautiful packaging, plus the promise of what it does... I had to buy it. I tried it after washing my hair and blow-drying it, and I really liked it. Not so shimmery was my hair, but it was silky and shiny, and i was really impressed. The trick is to spray it from really far away, that way the product does not go straight on your hair and make it greasy. But, I have also tried on hair the day after shampooing, and it has left my hair feeling and looking horribly greasy. I have normal hair, and this product worked fine, so I dont think its just thick hair that can get away with it, anyone can, just use sparingly

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2010 6:32:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not very effective product, it imparts a very little amount of shine. It helps hair "stay in place" after blow dry but it is not effective on its main purpose. A little goes a long way: the smell is not that great (lucily it quickly disappears), it does not weight my hair down and helps keeping static at bay. Extortionate price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2010 2:29:00 PM More reviews by ninaulrich

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First, I love love love the extravagant gold packaging of this shine spray, and I like many other B&b products. I was pretty disappointed with this though, definitely a product that does NOT do what it claims - didn't give my fine hair "weightless shimmer", more like a heavy, greasy feeling and no big difference in shine. Don't mind the smell that much. If the product was good, I'd be willing to pay that extra for the luxurious design, but this is not worth it at all in my opinion. Maybe it's better for thick hair. My first B&b product which I bought three years ago - I still haven't finished it and doubt that I ever will.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by beautybeliever

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually love Bumble and Bumble and I am a big fan of their Defrizz so I decided to try this. The cool gold tube it comes it lures you in, but once you use it you are left thinking, "oh. that's it?" It's an aerosol spray that leaves minimum shine and smells odd for the first 5 seconds. My hair is typical hispanic hair...thick, wavy, coarse....I flat iron it and curl it with a barrel most days. For $35 dollars, you don't get the WOW factor. So I would say don't buy it....there are other products that can do better. I am surprised because B&B products are usually top notch. Just pass this one up and save your $$$!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2009 9:14:00 PM More reviews by sph188

It made my hair feel oily and just smelled awful. I actually had to spray perfume on my head just to make it out the door so people at work wouldn't wonder where the stench was coming from.
This is the worst smelling hairproduct I have ever used.... it literally smells like dirty sewage!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2008 11:23:00 AM More reviews by pocha

We all know that there are many, MANY hair products out there promising shine and frizz free results for your locks. Ladies we have all spent far too much money on wasted medium priced products (and high priced ones too!) that are now just gathering dust on our dressing tables. Its time to invest. This stuff is amazing. The smell as you spray it is somewhat "plasticky" but that fades honestly, in minutes. All you are left with is beautiful, beautiful hair. I mean, I have used this stuff on friends with all kinds of hair and it always performs. soft silky and SHINY, separated and defined hair. Every person who has tried this on has just been wowed. It is a tad expensive I suppose, but for all that wasted cash on previously bought and unused products I would say it is definitely worth it. It also lasts a long time. Use it with style tools or just as a finishing spray. If you are unsure you can buy the mini version to try it out if you dont want to splash out on the full size straight away. And then you can join in with the rest of us who have already discovered this HG, and begin praying that it is never discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2008 12:45:00 PM More reviews by dollchild

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been eyeballing this for awhile now, not unlike you, curious reader! CVS has this, and due to their ever-so-lenient return policy, I finally caved and got it. I gotta admit -- the toxic descriptions you've read below are all true. It smells like Mystic Tan! So yeah, really chemically. But it doesn't last. Not on my hair, at least. I used it this morning for the first time, spraying section by section as I flat-ironed. And now my hair is virtually frizz- and flyaway-free -- and super shiny, to boot. This stuff is *awesome.* It just better last me awhile . . . $40? I mean, sheesh! For a product that works this well though, it's worth it. I mean, how many hum-ho shine products are just sitting in your stash not being used? Give this a shot!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2008 5:01:00 AM More reviews by Lucy014

After I just spent 15 for 1 oz of this stuff, I was scared it was going to let me down. I decided to buy because although there are lots of negative reviews here, there are also some people who seem to swear by it. So anyway, I finally decided to try it. I have thick, wavy, very frizzy hair that I curl to get rid of the frizz but keep the natural wave patter, which I like. I put this on after I've done everything else, but some people say they put it on while styling. It is absolutely amazing!!! I have always been disappointed by shine products, and tried many, but they make my hair look like, well, it has a ton of greasy shine spray. Not this one! It gives gorgeous shine! I would 100% reccommend it, however, maybe the reason it got so many bad reviews is because maybe its not the best product for finer hair? Most people who love it say they have thicker hair, so if you do you should definately buy it, its amazing, like celebrity shiny hair!

Oh yeah, I didn't have that much trouble with the smell, it fades quite quickly, but remember with quality products less is more, so if you drown your hair in it you probably will stink of it!

Overall, absolutely the BEST hair shine product I have ever used, or ever will use!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2008 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Maria25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Despite all of the negative reviews...i have to give this a thumbs up!

To start: i have thick hair (as in lots of it, but the hair itself is fine)...I also have naturally curly hair that i like to wear straight.

This is my 3rd bottle of the shine. I really do love it and use if more than any of the many shine products that I have. I do agree...this product does have a very strong, scent to it...but i do NOT find that the smell itself stays on the hair longer than a few moments. I use this as a styling aid, mainly, when I am straightening my hair using a flat iron. I lightly spray the hair in sections, use a brush to flatten it even more, then go over with the iron, and it is perfection!
continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2008 10:24:00 PM More reviews by varga100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

OMG this stuff smells so bad. At one point during the day I was like, "What's that smell?" and then I realized it was MY HAIR. Spraying the product on really didn't give me much added shine at all. Spraying it onto my hands and then rubbing it on my hair helped a bit but I wasn't really impressed. I paid so much money for this that I'm trying to force myself to love it (or at least like it) but I definitely won't be buying this again. Surprisingly bad for a Bumble and Bumble product. Beautiful packaging though!