Lancome Absolue Powder

4.4

ALC, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, LAUROYL LYSINE, VINYL DIMETHICONE/METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, BARIUM SULFATE, ISOCETYL STEARATE, LINALOOL, LIMONENE, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, ISOBUTYLPARABEN, METHYLPARABEN, PHENOXYETHANOL, PROPYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, TOCOPHEROL, [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 15985 / YELLOW 6 LAKE, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA]

on 4/29/2007 8:40:00 PM

If you have dry or combo/dry skin this is the powder for you. A lot of powders just make my skin look so dried out after I use them. I have dry skin with a little bit of oil problems. This powder makes my skin look more even. Not happy about the price but nothing else compares.

on 1/30/2007 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I believe I bought this in Medium Ecru. I looked at the retail price and its $50!!! I think it is way too expensive for a loose powder. However, I must note that I did not pay full price. I went to a cosmetic outlet and bought this for $10. For $10, I think this is a great powder. It finishes my face, but no powdery look. This isnt a matte finish, so for gals wanting the matte look, this isnt for you. It gives you a luminous glow. OVerall, I think this is great, but I would not pay full price.

on 10/18/2006 10:56:00 AM

I got the Absolue Poudre in 02/Absolue Translucide, after reading good reviews in beauty magazines. Odourless and finely milled it is, but not nearly as fine as Shiseido's, for example.
My biggest problem with it is that the container is ridiculously big and thick, for the mere 15grs you get. Besides, it has a plastic siffer that does NOT come out. So, if you want to depot it into a travel container (Stila for example), there is no way to do it. I might be doing something wrong, but I tried and tried, to no avail. Almost broke my nails in the process, but it's just impossible!
The puff is small and a bit on the "hard" side. Epecially if you compare it to the size of the container, which is not only large but unnecessarily thick, the puff looks ludicrously diminutive!
Poor quality for what you pay for it, which brings me to the next point: the price. I bought this for 46 Euros, which is a bit steep considering all the negative points.
Positive ones? The texture is nice and it imparts a nice glow and radiance to your complexion. But nothing that other brands did not come up with before, really.
For these reasons, I will stick to my beloved (and safer) Shiseidos and Shu Uemuras!

This is a great powder for anyone who doesn't want to loose their "dewiness". I'm pretty young and use the Absolue foundation and powder. The powder is radiant. Yes, it is more expensive than other powders, but it will last forever. A little bit goes a long way. Also, I like to use shades like Caramel as a bronzer.

on 4/14/2006 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

The price for this setting powder is too high so it immediately losses a "lipstick" from me. I wanted to try this as I love the cream foundation and I didn't want to cover up the dewiness of the foundation on my dry cheeks. When it came in the mail and I saw the amount I got, it didn't justify $50.00! That said the powder is microfine and melts into the skin. I have other powders and mineral powders that give me the same effect so for $50, I will not be repurchasing. It is not a bad powder, quite nice actually but way over priced considering there are other powders that will do the same job for alot less and more powder.

Recommended for Normal Skin