July 24, 2014 | 1693 users online

Lip Treatments - Revlon - Moon Drops Lip Conditioner SPF6

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2009 1:43:00 PM More reviews by stellina

Thanks to the many BOGOs for Revlon, I picked this up again after forgetting it for many years. My loss! This is a terrific balm thanks to its extra-moisturizing core (years ago, they made l/s with this & I'd love to see them bring it back), yet it's not too thick or glossy to wear as a base under l/s. That's an old trick that a classmate taught me way back in high school to make any l/s sheer & I love using this product under my frosty Moon Drops colors. Yes, it has that same fragrance that people complain about but I rather like it & find it nostalgic - and it disappears after a minute or so. This is a makeup bag staple.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2007 12:55:00 AM More reviews by xiphoid

I never wear lipstick because I can't stand the feel and I don't think it looks good on me. I do, however, like to wear something to keep my lips hydrated, especially in the winter. I used to use Softlips, but I was looking for something more. I saw Moon Drops, and I figured why not give it a try (plus I love the name). I love it. It glides on smooth, and keep my lips moisturized with an SPF 6, and it lasts through the day. It gives a very subtle shine, too, which is nice. It really does help my lips from getting chapped when it's cold and dry out. I like that it looks like lipstick, too, and not like Chapstick - it seems more sophisticated. Not that I'm so sophisticated, but it's a nice touch! The taste and smell leave something to be desired, but I generally try to avoid over-applying for that reason. That aside, it definitely does the job well, and I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2007 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Gracious_Lady

Wonderful lip conditioner that works consistently, imo. I think it's discontinued, and that's too bad. Yes, the old Revlon lipstick smell is a bother, but hey, my lips STAY SOFT with this stuff, so I'll put up with the smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2007 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Lenor

Its moisturinzing without being waxy and I like to use it under my lipliners, but I concur with the lipstick taste the reviewer below me talks about. Its been around forever and I remember my grandmother using it since I was a kid so I assume that this product has been around for a long long time. The smell is what all Revlon lipsticks used to *still* smell like. If you can get around the smell, its worth having.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2006 11:17:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

This gave a nice bit of shine and moisture without being either too waxy or too greasy. I also liked the fact that it had SPF (though it was lower than what I'd prefer) but I could not take the soapy "lipstick" scent/taste. It invaded my mouth despite my best efforts and grossed me out. The scent/fragrance of DG lipsticks was one reason why I was a gloss girl throughout the '90s. I'm really glad Revlon got rid of it in their revamped Super Lustrous line. Would not repurchase this.