April 18, 2014 | 1841 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Satsuma Body Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 5:28:00 AM More reviews by limelipgloss

I love this product and have for Years! Decades actually. This is my all-time favorite fragrance of any product I have ever tried in my life. The body butter is fantastic, I use it on my legs after shaving, very creamy & smooth, it does take a few minutes to sink in but it doesn't remain "wet" or leave a lasting greasiness on the skin. I also use this on my arms after showering and it it amazing, doesn't leave a stickiness that a lot of body butters have but it DOES leave the heavenly, sweet and pretty fragrance of the satsuma oranges on my skin for hours.

I get so many compliments on the scent of this product. I will forever purchase & use this one. Forever and always... in love with it. I took one lippie off of the price, only because at about $20 a pop it is a bit pricey. I will re-buy it regardless, however. I love it that much

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by shellstah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff smells awesome at the beginning but now I'm so sick of the smell. I still have to go through my normal sized body butter, jumbo sized body butter, and 1.5 bottle of the jumbo sized shower gel.
I don't know if it was just mine, but halfway through using the body butter, some of the cream turned into a weird yellow/orange colour while the ring around it stayed the light pink colour. This stuff is also really greasy so I use it at night on my legs or feet since the smell is very overpowering.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by han04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love love the smell of this! Just like the shower gel it smells so summery, fruity and juicy. Perfect for Summer! A real stable!

The only complaint I can think with this one is that it doesn't moisturize as well as the Mango or Strawberry, however though the consistency is great. and goes well after a morning shower accompanied by the Satsuma body splash :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2013 9:24:00 AM More reviews by captormoonlu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Got this in the travel size for $3 CAD. The smell in the jar is fantastic so juicy and sweet. On the skin, the scent changes to something less pleasant. In the winter, this is useless in moisturizing anything. In the summer, it is now too greasy and slightly sticky! It also caused rashes on my boyfriend's hands. Won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by itstotallybea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you love the smell, which is definitely an acquired taste, then you will love this body butter. it feels intensely moisturizing and refreshing, would recommend use of it in the morning though as the smell is very strong and you probably don't want that when you are sleeping. But the smell is great, it is very moisturizing, the package is adorable and you get a good amount of product and need to use very little.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by nieshaniesha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I rubbed the Satsuma Body butter all over my skin this morning. The aroma is very strong so I used only a little bit on the standard black person ashy areas (knees, elbows, etc.) When I arrived at work, a male coworker told me that he hated my perfume. His bushy black eyebrows were arched in an evil manner; like an evil smiley emoticon. He told me that he would rather inhale my natural body stench if I were on a garlic and chili diet. He said that he usually enjoyed girly scents but in this case, he'd rather inhale nail polish remover while eating a bludgeoned, black spotted banana mixed with chutney. I realized, I, too was becoming dizzy from the scent so I tried to wash it off but it didn't work. Even though this butter needs to be severely diluted before applying, you'll like it if it doesn't burn off all your nostril hairs. Do NOT wear it if you're planning on being in a poorly ventilated area.... unless you have a citrusy death wish.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 2:01:00 AM More reviews by songtothesiren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The satsuma scent remains on my skin throughout the day, and it is the only body butter I've used that has not caused an allergic reaction. It's moisturizing and sinks into the skin well.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2012 8:21:00 AM More reviews by simpson945

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

same as the shower gel, smells great at first, but after a little while the smell changes to a weird smell like beer gone bad.......also, this isn't hydrating at all, just sits on top of your skin. I heard this happens with all TBS body butter?

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 4:21:00 AM More reviews by Bellasima

You know those orange flavored tictacs we all love so much? Or the orange Mr. Sketch markers we all loved as kids? Yeah, that is what this smells like. It's a pungent "I'm orange and I'm here, so sniff away!" Kind of smell. I love it. I smell like amazing candy and it's fresh and clean and just a happy smell. It reminds me of art class as a small child and wanting to do nothing but smell my orange scented marker, and summer car rides with my mom, who would occasionally surprise me by having these in her purse and would give me a few to suck on while we drove with the windows down and sang along with the radio. Its a nostalgic smell that brings me back to happy times, and for that reason alone I will buy it again and again. Oh! It also.moisturizes like a dream and is not greasy at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2012 10:02:00 PM More reviews by PrinceChagum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I truly love the smell, and the formula for the body butter itself is amazing, but there's one thing that will keep me from repurchasing the product and that is that... it apparently smells like beer? I don't know. My dad thought so, and you know I took THAT with a grain of salt, but just the other day, I was on the bus. My hands were chapped, so I put some of this on. The smell is strong, and the bus driver actually thought the kids in the back were drinking. 0.0 I let my friends have another whiff of the body butter later on and they were like, "Yeah, it kind of smells like Blue Moon."

I would definitely wear this when I'm chilling at home, but in public? Not anymore. I'd love to try a different scent of this body butter, though, that I could wear everywhere without worrying if I smell like a tavern. ;o